Mega Thread All things positive (the Rainbow connection) thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With the dark clouds clearing for just a moment, we can look at our season to date with a little perspective.

R1. A game we were in and had it not been for 10 straight points in the third we could have won. A bit more composure and experience and it would have been a W.
R2. We played shyt and were beaten by a very good side. The size of the loss was disappointing, but nevertheless expected.
R3. An away game played in horrible conditions, that at the 5 minute mark of the last we were only a couple of points down. GWS aren't horrible and will win a few games this year. Again a match we were in and for the most part competitive
R4. We win....

Overall outside the WCE game we have been competitive. A far cry from 2012/13...

I haven't seen the hawthorn vs gold coast match, but next week looks like a good opportunity for 2 in a row. When was the last time 2 in a row has happen.
With the dark clouds clearing for just a moment, we can look at our season to date with a little perspective.

R1. A game we were in and had it not been for 10 straight points in the third we could have won. A bit more composure and experience and it would have been a W.
R2. We played shyt and were beaten by a very good side. The size of the loss was disappointing, but nevertheless expected.
R3. An away game played in horrible conditions, that at the 5 minute mark of the last we were only a couple of points down. GWS aren't horrible and will win a few games this year. Again a match we were in and for the most part competitive
R4. We win....

Overall outside the WCE game we have been competitive. A far cry from 2012/13...

This and Saints kicked 4 goals in 4 minutes in the third.

jjT8QJX.png

couldn't think of a good thread to put this in, alex georgious twitter account is pretty good value if you need a laugh

jjT8QJX.png

couldn't think of a good thread to put this in, alex georgious twitter account is pretty good value if you need a laugh

just wondering, is this actually alex? or one of those ' not ( famous person ' account?

The next five weeks before the bye and Queen's Birthday game: Gold Coast, Sydney, Adelaide, Footscray and Richmond. All at the MCG barring Adelaide which is at AO. None are guaranteed wins or even likely wins, but there's no reason we shouldn't be competitive in all of them. If we play like we did today, we will be. Adelaide in round 7 might be our best chance for an interstate win all year.
Saw the Crows on Sunday. If we beat them at the Adelaide Oval then we are finals contenders. They are big, fast, they run and spread and they are really skilled and aggressive. We never play well well west of the MCG (Etihad, Adelaide, Perth). Six goal loss is break even.

We haven't been in the media for days!
There was the Jack Trengove thing, but otherwise a pleasingly Melbourne free week! It's difficult to quantify but being able to go a week without any criticism in the media has to have some kind of uplifting effect on the playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was the Jack Trengove thing, but otherwise a pleasingly Melbourne free week! It's difficult to quantify but being able to go a week without any criticism in the media has to have some kind of uplifting effect on the playing group.

So just a season ending injury to a former captain? A quiet week for the MFC:rainbow:

We're fifth in the league for one percenters. I'm not convinced that the statistical measure of one percenters is completely reliable but it's definitely a positive response to the 'soft', 'effort-free' football we played last year.

Cross had one of the most beautiful handballs I've ever seen from a Melbourne player on the weekend. Perfectly weighted over the top about 15 metres. The receiver took it in stride at top pace, just subtle perfection. :rainbow:

Cross is equal first now. Great pickup and is playing a big role in N. Jones improved perfomance this year
With the form he is in and if he stays injury free he will be going around again next year, our young guys like Tyson, Salem, Toumpas and Viney can learn so much from Crossy.

With the form he is in and if he stays injury free he will be going around again next year, our young guys like Tyson, Salem, Toumpas and Viney can learn so much from Crossy.
Without question. I would like to think the club has learnt from the mistakes of shafting veterans too early. Keep him as long as he can play good footy, bugger the kids.

Without question. I would like to think the club has learnt from the mistakes of shafting veterans too early. Keep him as long as he can play good footy, bugger the kids.

It's Crossy and Dawes who make me realise what dedicated players from good clubs really are, and what we don't have anywhere near
enough of. Keep for as long as
possible.

It's Crossy and Dawes who make me realise what dedicated players from good clubs really are, and what we don't have anywhere near
enough of. Keep for as long as
possible.

Our 'Veterans' were always the joke of the league, A bunch of inconsistent front runners

Moloney, Green, Davey, Sylvia, Bruce etc

Doesnt Exactly fill you with pride, the only name I can type and remember with Pride is one J. McDonald

Our 'Veterans' were always the joke of the league, A bunch of inconsistent front runners

Moloney, Green, Davey, Sylvia, Bruce etc

Doesnt Exactly fill you with pride, the only name I can type and remember with Pride is one J. McDonald
True.

On a vaguely related note, Rivers is doing well at Geelong... I went to the game on Monday and he was excellent, took a couple of good marks deep in defence. I hope he wins a flag there, he deserves it - even if he was instrumental in the Schwab/Bailey fiasco, he was a solid performer every week for us.

I called out to him to come back to Melbourne and got a few laughs, so that was a win too.

True.

On a vaguely related note, Rivers is doing well at Geelong... I went to the game on Monday and he was excellent, took a couple of good marks deep in defence. I hope he wins a flag there, he deserves it - even if he was instrumental in the Schwab/Bailey fiasco, he was a solid performer every week for us.

I called out to him to come back to Melbourne and got a few laughs, so that was a win too.

IMO he was one guy who always gave his all , was thrown to the wolves a few times ( the day they played him on cloke who had 6 at half time or something ) but he was always reliable

Good luck to riv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back