Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
And yet I still feel like St Kilda had a much better year than we did. The figures don't support my feeling though. Weird.

They were far more consistent than us which is wear it comes from, where as we had great wins and then got raped for a month

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I completely agree which goes to show how far perspective shifts after a win... I swore I was done after Carlton :oops:.
I dunno, beating GWS in the last round still feels like a junk time victory to me. We got rid of the Etihad hoodoo, but we also dropped a place on the draft. I also think we are still as terrible against actual Etihad tenants as we always have been. In short, not that excited about the win.

I dunno, beating GWS in the last round still feels like a junk time victory to me. We got rid of the Etihad hoodoo, but we also dropped a place on the draft. I also think we are still as terrible against actual Etihad tenants as we always have been. In short, not that excited about the win.
It's not the team, it's about our effort. We lost to the Dogs by 3 points at Etihad, got hammered this year. We lost by just two points to the Saints there but by 40 odd points at the G. The MCG works for us when we try to play slowly and shut opponents down, but when we do play fast footy both grounds serve us equally.

May 27, 2012
Derweze, Turkmenistan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Right, sad face reattached.
I don't think the win proves much except in the absence of its opposite: a loss would have been more telling.
The season was inconsistent but we beat the Dogs, Toigs (who are apparently good), Pies and Cats, and head off to actual Bali (rather than mid-game day-dream Bali) with a bit to show and more to prove.
I'm an incorrigible optimist but that's how I see it.

Will there ever be a rainbow?
Lately my answer would have been a terse 'no' but now it'll be that fat Hawaiian guy singing til round 1 next year.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could not care less about draft order. We need to win games and that was a good way to head into the off season.
You'll notice all the teams who shot up the ladder didn't shirk a win at the prospect of a draft pick. Winning breeds winning. Thank * we got rid of the toxic bundle of sticks who were perpetuating that vicious cycle!

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
I thought those days were behind us. Evidently not, for some.

Back