News Allen Aylett says NSHGTTGC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People fought to keep this club here in Melbourne as North Melbourne, emotionally and financially including me and many members on this board. His latest comment shows no respect to any of us...the sad fact is he can't give up his pro national a la Sydney Swans agenda.

He is media savvy enough to know his comment would cause attention. He made his point along time back with he his own personal agenda and lost.

The most shocking thing is how delusional he can be equating dirty money to success.

How successful have the GS Suns been hey Allen.

ES

Last edited:
Over and out from me then to all ^^ responses, obviously agree to disagree (other than disagreeing with Aylett's view which I share 100%) and not keen to cause any more drama by attempting to be rational and/or mature.

Carry on abusing Aylett to feel better, no better opportunity than now :thumbsu:
Is there a dislike button on this thing!

I suppose we can wait for his 90th Bday to admit that he was wrong.

Excited-fat-kid-wrestling-fan.gif

C***!

Dr. Aylett is entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong. It's a shame that those opinions no longer match those of his club and supporters, but he is still a North Melbourne legend and we shouldn't forget that he did so many wonderful things for the club. If it wasn't for him and his fellow board members, it may have been North heading to Sydney in the early '80 instead of South Melbourne.

Despite the differences of opinion I hope the club supporters remember what he achieved at North over a long period, and don't stoop to the petty and vindictive level of a Collingwood or Richmond supporter and disown him and his achievements.

I love your sentiments, but he's shitting in the nest now. It's not about being vindictive, but when you get cancer you cut that f***er out.

Last edited:
**** you would not believe it but image shack has destroyed the thing. Luckily I had a copy on the hard drive:

p2M3UtT.jpg

Bloody lucky. It remains the Post of the Millenium and seems so fitting given today's article. Brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right, if you read all of Saintly's posts in this thread you would see he actually disagrees with Aylett's view, but doesn't like the way Aylett has been attacked in the thread. Gotta say I'm with everyone else though Saintly, it's not just Aylett's view that is the issue with most it's the rehashing of the same old misguided, discredited claptrap that gets many so hot under the collar. I also don't think it is a pack mentality thing, I believe these will be the prevailing views of most that are passionate enough about the club that they are even on BF.

I don't like what people are saying about a past great of our club either, but I'm sorry to say I think he brings it upon himself.

Thanks S'Baz, you have hit the nail on the head re; my views despite not necessarily agreeing with the rest :thumbsu:

Last edited:
You misquoted me. Your misraje not mine 'ffs'

A more balanced response earlier would've been:

"Hang on, you may have misunderstood me. I disagree with Aylett's views 100%. My issue with this thread is that I don't like seeing a club legend abused in the manner I'm seeing here, regardless of his views on relocation."

Clarify to pacify.

It would've helped avoid so much unnecessary angst which ensued. Anyhow, play on.......

C***!

I love your sentiments, but he's shitting in the nest now. It's not about being vindictive, but when you get cancer you cut that f***er out.

What a load of bullshit, he did no such thing. The author of this puff piece, instead writing about Dr. Aylett's achievements on and off the field, decided to focus on the one subject that they would know would cause controversy and debate. I'd bet your wife's left testicle that the Author of this article brought up the subject and all Dr. Aylett did was stand by an opinion his held for the last seven years, while also giving credit to current board for the effort they have put in to rebuilding the club. And all the NMFC supporters on this forum suddenly became vindictive idiots, calling for his head or that he dies sooner rather than later.

I've read some of the most disgusting, despicable, deplorable comments ever and I'm embarrassed to be a North Melbourne supporter at the moment. I thought we were better than that, but obviously we are not. I thought we stood by our own no matter what the circumstances, but obviously we don't. Disgraceful.

Aylett should have stuck to being a decent dentist and kept his trap shut.

He backed the wrong horse in 2006/07 and to try and claim otherwise now is absolute revisionist rubbish on his behalf. And disingenuous, too. North wouldn't be 50 million better off now, indeed I agree with the vast majority here that the club wouldn't have lasted on the Gold Coast.

It also ignores the fact that North are in a solid off field position with record membership. Ignores it completely.

A transplanted and contrived relocation wouldn't have worked for North, and obviously I know I'm not exactly reinventing the wheel by saying that on the North board, but the number of people who try and point to South Melbourne and Sydney as evidence that the relocation would have worked is mind boggling. There were so many different things about the situations of South/Sydney 1981 v North/GC of 2007 that it really doesn't even need much explanation. Except to say, South Melbourne were the pioneers in a sense in 1981/82, by making that move and being the first to do so. And even, they came within an inch of folding more than once. North in 2006 would have been seen as the southerners intruding on Brisbane's territory.

The other factor, more intangible but completely relevant all the same, is the loss of identity. Even if the GC experiment didn't end in folding, how would the disenfranchised fan base down here feel? You don't do that to your supporter base if you have respect for them.

Aylett is a North legend but he is way off the mark in this case, in my view. Entitled to his view, but I don't understand it.

Well said Doss. Spoken like a person more drawn towards the good side of Moonee Ponds Creek than the evil empire from up the hill.

Given the way this thread has gone, and the anger and infighting it provokes ala 2007, it's also a fitting conclusion to it.

Thanks for your input Doss.

Lest we forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back