Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Lions land Christensen

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-10-13/lions-land-christensen

Christensen_Lion-article.jpg
The Brisbane Lions today lodged the paperwork for a trade that will see former Geelong premiership player Allen Christensen join the Club.

The Lions acquired the talented 23-year-old midfielder in return for Pick No.21, which the Club received from GWS in exchange for veteran defender, Joel Patfull.

Recruited from the Geelong Falcons, Christensen was taken by the Cats with Pick No.40 at the 2009 AFL National Draft.

After Christensen requested a trade to a Queensland-based club for non-football reasons, the Lions worked with Geelong to secure an appropriate deal.

The 23-year-old, who made his debut in Round 2, 2011, played 57 games for Geelong including the Cats 2011 Premiership.

Lions Talent Acquisition and Retention Manager, Peter Schwab, said Christensen was a valuable addition to the Lions line up.

“Allen is a fantastic player who brings some good finals experience to our young list. He offers a great injection of pace into our side and will be a valuable addition,” Schwab said.

“Allen expressed his desire to relocate to Queensland and so we worked together with Geelong to achieve a suitable outcome for both Clubs.

“Leppa spoke at the end of the season about a desire to recruit A-grade talent to our football Club, and that is exactly what Allen is.”

JasRulz63 posted this artile in another thread. Well worth a read if you want to learn about our newest Lion.

The tongue lashing from recruiters continues to drive Christensen. It drove him to embark on a fitness campaign almost as soon as he left those draft-camp interviews. It drove him to a diet that saw him lose 6kg from the time of his dressing down to when Geelong called his name as pick 40 in the national draft that he had been touted as a potential top-10 candidate.

Welcome Bundy.

He has already been welcomed into the Mozzie squad by Zorko and Green:D He is a great player and will add a hell of a lot to our team over the next 4 years. I am still excited about the novelty of recruiting a young, premiership midfielder who is about to enter his prime in addition to Dayne Beams:eek::thumbsu:

Fantastic result for the club.

i was pretty disapointed we didnt take him back in 2009 instead taking bartlett, least we got him now, also take a look at his wikipedia page, a geelong fan obviously decided to have their little fun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a good get for pick 21. So he was pick 40 but rated by some to be top 10 talent- i'm assuming he slid because of his height? Similar to Taylor.

Professionalism and fitness was a knock on him at the time too but he worked hard to address that.

Seems to find the footy regularly and doesn't go to ground even in heavy traffic. Quick release handball to overlapping player, doesn't flinch when it's his turn to go, lot of 1%s to like already. Awesome addition, Welcome Bundy.

Did we get this guy for 21 ?! making it out like bandits I say!

As a player I don't know too much about him however after watching that clip for whatever reasons he has come our way he seems to have his head screwed on right, an honest bloke of who he is and where he was at and I think he'll be a bonus for our club and our younger players. Also a guy who has had to face some adversity already and work his backside off to get where he is. Welcome Allen.

Last edited:
Joel Selwood says Brisbane will benefit greatly from picking up Allen Christensen

GEELONG captain Joel Selwood says Brisbane has scored itself a winner in his 2011 premiership teammate Allen Christensen. Christensen requested a trade to the Lions, who gave up pick no. 21 for the clever, goalkicking midfielder. In Noosa over the weekend to compete in the teams triathlon event, Selwood said Christensen was yet to hit his straps as an AFL footballer but the raw talent was certainly there.

“Brisbane have got a good one in Bundy,” he said. “He hasn’t reached his full potential but he is certainly on his way ... he can be a good little player when he is at his best. “His body just hasn’t been right the last couple of years.’’ Christensen was keen to leave the Geelong region for personal reasons. A back injury kept him to just eight games in 2014 but he is expected to resume full training later in the year. He has played 65 senior games since making his AFL debut in 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back