Lions
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
4 years:thumbsu:

Any doubt about his commitment to the cause has surely been dispelled.

Yup, AFL contracts are totes legit. :p

Just found this little gem from his draft year.

Height: 176cm
Weight: 75kg
DOB: 19/05/91
Recruited from: Lara/Geelong Falcons
Bio: Prolific ball winner who amasses plenty of contested possessions. Sound decision-maker who is extremely clever around goals. Vic Country U18 representative in 2009.

Matt Burgan's draft rating: 10-25

In his own words
What type of player are you?
Good stoppage player who is able to create goals, a good decision maker under pressure and is a good ball winner.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Someone like Simon Black because he's a good stoppage player who gets possessions frequently.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Stoppages. Leadership. Decision making.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
My fitness levels. Burst speed. Left foot.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am more excited to have Bundy on board then I am with Beams. And that is no slight on Beams because I am genuinely stoked that he has joined the club. I just think Christensen will add so much to our side as he enters his prime and he will only get better.

Midfield acquisitions of Beams and Christensen still feels surreal. They are genuine A grade players when playing at their best.

Last edited:

Simbatheking21

All Australian
Sep 11, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
does anyone know why he wanted out of Geelong?

i've heard a few rumors but just want to know why. Yes. I love gossip.... what of it?!?!?! ;)

does anyone know why he wanted out of Geelong?

i've heard a few rumors but just want to know why. Yes. I love gossip.... what of it?!?!?! ;)

There's plenty of rumours floating around the geelong and main boards. If you're that keen then I suggest having a search through over there, but I don't see any need to raise it or post them over here. Lets try to focus on his footy and leave his private life somewhat that.

Simbatheking21

All Australian
Sep 11, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There's plenty of rumours floating around the geelong and main boards. If you're that keen then I suggest having a search through over there, but I don't see any need to raise it or post them over here. Lets try to focus on his footy and leave his private life somewhat that.

100 percent agree mate.

Just heard some stories and thought it was utter s**t. Can't wait to see him play next season!

Keep forgetting we have this bloke. I think about next year being exciting to have the Beams bros playing together and having Rich back out there... wait a sec, crap we got Bundy running about as well. We have a fair few damaging players now, and there is no way they can all be covered. I'm tipping Bundy to have a ripper of a season next year in his new colours.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Keep forgetting we have this bloke. I think about next year being exciting to have the Beams bros playing together and having Rich back out there... wait a sec, crap we got Bundy running about as well. We have a fair few damaging players now, and there is no way they can all be covered. I'm tipping Bundy to have a ripper of a season next year in his new colours.
Probably has something to do with the fact that he is on a limited program to start the pre season so he hasn't featured as heavily in the training reports and photos. I can't wait to see this bloke run out in Lions colours against the Pies in Round 1:thumbsu:

Probably has something to do with the fact that he is on a limited program to start the pre season so he hasn't featured as heavily in the training reports and photos. I can't wait to see this bloke run out in Lions colours against the Pies in Round 1:thumbsu:
Given it's a back and he will be eased in, you would think round 1 might be a bit of a stretch.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Given it's a back and he will be eased in, you would think round 1 might be a bit of a stretch.
I don't think so. He is will be back into training by mid-late January which gives him a couple of months to build fitness and prepare for Round 1. He should have a month of full training under his belt before Round 1 which is more than Lewy Taylor had last season.

xplo

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2004
The Original 'Cougar'
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Backs are tricky though. If he gets a big knee to the spine early he could be gone for the year.

I wouldn't worry too much if they took a few extra weeks to get him cherry ripe before dropping him into battle.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Backs are tricky though. If he gets a big knee to the spine early he could be gone for the year.

I wouldn't worry too much if they took a few extra weeks to get him cherry ripe before dropping him into battle.
I know first hand about the bolded part. Back when I use to play footy a fair while ago now I had an issue with my back for about 3 years with minor setback after minor setback after minor setback. I guess if they are worried about a knee to the spine well that could really happen anytime and result in season ending injury at any stage so I don't think an extra few weeks would make much difference. It is all irrelevant anyway. It is safe to say that the club won't put him out there until he is 100% ready to go and that is what all of us fans will endorse.

Last edited:

Doc Hattori

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2008
Taylors Lakes
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Seems like a good get for pick 21. So he was pick 40 but rated by some to be top 10 talent- i'm assuming he slid because of his height? Similar to Taylor.
He was incredibly talented and regularly in the Falcon's best. But, let's put it delicately, he was still rather cuddly even at finals time.

Morgs_

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah he's going well
Started running 2 weeks ago. Should be fit and ready to play round 2

That from Nick

I spoke to him at training a couple of weeks ago and he said he should be back into main in training in 3 weeks. I assume it will take time to get back the fitness level he requires.

Back