Fantasy Alpha Dynasty 2014 - Discussion

Given Dspeed's return, I would just like to remind everyone of the only remaining undefeated H2H matchup over 6 longggg seasons....

Will 2014 finally be THE year??? I've been expecting it for years, but it's yet to happen.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Btw, think about it....why is Dspeed even putting Gordon on the trade block like a week after trading for him? Because he knows he's a waste of a roster spot, would probably cut him or accept a 5th as the wear and tear of the alpha season happens, with precious room needed for contributing WRs.....and probably also feels there's a high chance Gordon continues his drug-lifestyle, gets suspended longer, gets himself injured/killed like Chris Henry (RIP), or cant crack a starting job or 53 roster spot if he returns.

If he felt otherwise, he wouldn't even consider trading him, just reserve a roster spot for a SSPN player for a year, and lick his lips for 2015. But he doesn't believe it either. Just looking to scam some impatient person who might be silly enough to give up top value, and laugh at him like I laughed at Dspeed.

Good on him if he can do it.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mark Davis couldn't have said it better re: GG too...

"I’ve never been that interested in the combine. I don’t get
enough out of it. I like watching people play football. I think guys
that are scouts, that are true scouts, they know what they’re looking
for in players. I prefer to see football more so than running track and
the 40."

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
NFL Mock Draft Participant NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Participant
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
I might have embarrassed myself in a few trades GG but you've embarrassed yourself in every year of Alpha. Its time you get good

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I might have embarrassed myself in a few trades GG but you've embarrassed yourself in every year of Alpha. Its time you get good
I've come 3rd, 5th, and 4th in the last three years, thank-you very much. And, that's me relying purely on new waves of rookies every single year, more rookies and sleepers than vets by like 10:1 or whatever. Im like the Greg Luganas of Dynasty. Degree of difficulty, nail so many (not all) extremely hard feats.

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
NFL Mock Draft Participant NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Participant
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have you really??? Better than i thought. The aim isnt to pick diamonds out of the rough though GG, its to win. Your excuses dont cut it.

Either way 1st, 2nd, 1st is better though

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Have you really??? Better than i thought. The aim isnt to pick diamonds out of the rough though GG, its to win. Your excuses dont cut it.

Either way 1st, 2nd, 1st is better though
I had a horrendous year 1 of Alpha. And my drafting in year 2 when we moved to the 6 round format left a lot to be desired. I had a s**t team, THE worst for those first two years. And needed to rebuild thru the draft, do much better in that phase to acquire talent, because if you remember, many people would not trade with me early years, for varying reasons, my own and theirs, and having few good pieces to offer up. But Ive been on song the last 3 years relying on draft building. I agree it's not to finish 3rd, but 1st. I appreciate I do have to hold onto my NEWLY acquired rookies more, and actually retain a nucleus in order to get over that hump. Have erred in constantly trading away those good players for future picks. Let Dalton, R.Wilson, D.Murray, M.Wallace, C.Campbell, Chandler Jones, and many others go.

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good reply GG. Be interesting to see how you go this year...need Glennon to eventually start.

Just looking over my drafts and the guys i have picked in recent years too see how building through the draft has helped me.

Bolded picks and still on my roster.
Italics decent picks and not on my roster.

2008 (only listed if still on roster)
E Manning QB NYG
A Smith QB SF
R Mathis DE Ind
A Rolle DB Az

C Wells RB Cards
J Freeman QB Bucs
D Heyward Bay WR Oak
B Pettigrew TE Det
C Stuckey WR Cle
R Seymour DE Oak
A Bigby DB GB

Arrelious Benn WR Buccaneers
Darryl Washington LB Cardinals
Early Doucet WR Cardinals
Jordan Shipley WR Bengals
Earl Thomas S Seahawks
Jason Pierre-Paul DL Giants
Jay Feely KI Cardinals

M.Ingram RB Saints
A.Green RB Packers
M.Foster LB Buccaneers
P.Burress WR Jets
P.Peterson CB Cardinals

J Blackmon WR Jags - what can you say, is he a good pick.
L James RB SF

L Kuechley LB Car - great pick, but traded
M Ingram DE SD
B Osweiler QB Den - jury well and truly still out, could be an interesting one.

E Ansah DE Det

Finally some down time at work. So to start some debate.....

Ignoring the initial draft answer the following:

1. Two best /favourite draft picks
2. Two best value draft picks
3. Two picks you would like to forget.
4. The pick you didn't take but now wish you did.
5. Best/favourite trade
6. Least fave trade

5. Best/favourite trade
6. Least fave trade
I have little or no memory of anything I have done in the past.

I will say I am liking after one season the Eddie Lacy pick. But early doors.

Alfred Morris was a pretty good value pick in about the 5th or 6th round of the rookie draft.

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
You suck GG

I'll play TGBB

Best picks: Brandin Cooks @ 1.03, Matthews @ 1.06, Shazier @ 1.10 (Basically woody killed it), Jerick McKinnon @ 3.11, Jamie Collins @ 4.05, Anthony Barr @ 4.06

Worst picks: Davone Freeman @ 1.12, Derek Carr 2.04

Hate Eric Ebron but wasnt a high pick used on him. Also dont think Benjamin and James White will work out very well either. And all the QBs suck besides Teddy and maybe Manziel (for FF)

Hate Eric Ebron but wasnt a high pick used on him. Also dont think Benjamin and James White will work out very well either. And all the QBs suck besides Teddy and maybe Manziel (for FF)

Please elaborate?

LarryDavid

Team Captain
Jun 5, 2009
Santa Monica
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NY Knicks, LA Dodgers & NY Yankees
You suck GG

I'll play TGBB

Best picks: Brandin Cooks @ 1.03, Matthews @ 1.06, Shazier @ 1.10 (Basically LD killed it), Jerick McKinnon @ 3.11, Jamie Collins @ 4.05, Anthony Barr @ 4.06

Worst picks: Davone Freeman @ 1.12, Derek Carr 2.04

Edited for accuracy.

Just remember that the owner employs me as the GM.

larryandwoody.jpg

5. Best/favourite trade
6. Least fave trade

Thanks Cass, but in my rush to post this , I actually meant over the 6-7 years of Alpha!!
Go back over all the years and all of you answer the question! ANSWER THE QUESTION!

jerk.jpg

Back