Club Legend
Jun 9, 2001
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aussies in the NBA!
Hey all.

I know that a lot of people on this board and supporters in general are very traditional in their views on our jumper/guernsey, logo and mascot, BUT I thought that changing our mascot would help reinvigorate our culture/future and needless to say give us a more, hmmm.. serious, contender image.

As much as I love trevor or the whole halo saint tradition, it doesn't strike fear and respect into the hearts of our opposition, and I almost think psychologically that we, being of st kilda, must always be saints in the eyes of our opposition comparatively.

I found an image on the internet and modified the picture slightly to include the st kilda shield. Obviously you wouldn't use this exact one, but something to use as inspiration.

Crusader = Saint = Halo = St Kilda FC

Thoughts?

holy_knight_by_zachdb-edit.jpg

Last edited:

It would be much more fun to have one of these threads for Essendon mascots.:rolleyes:
Just sayin...

It would be much more fun to have one of these threads for Essendon mascots.:rolleyes:
Just sayin...

Isn't their's a winged syringe anyway?

Steven Baker is doing UFC next year perhaps we just get Bakes on the roids and we could save on the muscle suit.

damn it comes up on my end.. let me try again

edit: ok try now guys and let me know.

Last edited:
Although I do agree that the "superhero" mascot is a bit silly I think thats going a bit too far into grimdark territory. A knight/crusader could still work in a certain form though.

Mascot is there more for the kids, to try get them to get involved.
I see no problem with what we have now, doubt anyone really notices the mascots anyway, apart from when they walk around the boundary

Although I do agree that the "superhero" mascot is a bit silly I think thats going a bit too far into grimdark territory. A knight/crusader could still work in a certain form though.

oh definitely.. its just inspiration. I am no artist and nor do I pretend to be.. hint hint nudge nudge..

Mascot is there more for the kids, to try get them to get involved.
I see no problem with what we have now, doubt anyone really notices the mascots anyway, apart from when they walk around the boundary

Well hence why I've titled the thread mascot/logo... I just think the superhero/saint/comical element to our club lends itself to the comical element rather than the serious combative side. Lets just say that we haven't done ourselves any good in the past with gaining numerous supporters/members (and or media/other club support) with the current setup..

I like it a lot

What better depicts the motto "strength through loyalty" than a knight of the crusades?

It could very much work IMO, good stuff Vaul Darkhour

(NB: No doubt there would be some PC cultural groups that would take offence to the image of a knight of the crusades being used in such a multicultural sport & country.... You watch :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it.

You may be able to intuit from my avatar that I have a fondness for fantasy figures.

BakesFan has also posted a number of iconic images some time back - must bring him back into the fold

I was already admiring your avatar, Vaul. Totally badass. Mind you, I'd forgotten the supersaint mascot that acemer's mentioned. I reckon that might have to be my next avatar! I'll stay old school for a bit longer, though.

As far as being a mascot, I reckon they could make it work, but hey.

I've always wondered why the hell Port don't become the Pirates. Would make so much sense.

cheers guys. there just seems to be so much scope for us to embrace a new direction on this front through media, advertising, promotion and sponsorship.

I mean we already IMO have the best colour combination in the AFL. Lets ditch the halo image and take the eternal fight up in earnest... (ducking Rors) ;)

This is from a Mowscot Manor thread on big footy
mowscotsaint.jpg

wich is a idea in the same direction as yours Vaul . I think both are good.
Maybe the blood dripping from the tip of the sword is a bit much?

Unless of course it was used to kill a bird of some description... a magpie perhaps?! ;)

Needs more explosions.

Now now, we all know the best pictures have one thing and one thing only.

Lens flare.

maybe that's why we're losing this Virgin thing, someone get JJ Abrams on the horn, he'll sort us out quick smart.

This is from a Mowscot Manor thread on big footy
mowscotsaint.jpg

wich is a idea in the same direction as yours Vaul . I think both are good.

Yes I that one too Snake. I think however you could probably drop the blood and go for the sword and shield style combo.. i.e.

GUF-00121_thumb.jpg

but I think I prefer, as cool as they are, getting rid of the angelic/saint reference by removing the wings altogether..

Back