Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
http://gawker.com/isis-beheads-american-journalist-james-foley-in-video-m-1624078717

ISIS militants released gruesome video footage this afternoon of the beheading of American photojournalist James Wright Foley as a message to the U.S. to stop intervening in Iraq. Foley, a freelancer who contributed to the Global Post, was first captured in Libya in 2012, released, and then kidnapped again around Thanksgiving 2012 by unidentified gunmen in Syria. He was 40 years old.

The (extremely disturbing) video can be viewed here. @Mujahid4life tweeted stills from it, which are (aside from the one below), sickeningly graphic.

Last edited:
ISIS was doing this s**t in Syria while we were arming, supplying and training them. In fact if you look at our history in the area, we probably supplied them with an assassination list. If you look at the history of journalism in Iraq since we illegally invaded, history would suggest he found something out we don't want the world knowing.

julian-assange-wanted.jpg

http://gawker.com/isis-beheads-american-journalist-james-foley-in-video-m-1624078717

ISIS militants released gruesome video footage this afternoon of the beheading of American photojournalist James Wright Foley as a message to the U.S. to stop intervening in Iraq. Foley, a freelancer who contributed to the Global Post, was first captured in Libya in 2012, released, and then kidnapped again around Thanksgiving 2012 by unidentified gunmen in Syria. He was 40 years old.

The (extremely disturbing) video can be viewed here. @Mujahid4life tweeted stills from it, which are (aside from the one below), sickeningly graphic.
I wish people wouldn't link pictures/video. There is really no need to watch someone butchered like that.
ISIS was doing this s**t in Syria while we were arming, supplying and training them. In fact if you look at our history in the area, we probably supplied them with an assassination list. If you look at the history of journalism in Iraq since we illegally invaded, history would suggest he found something out we don't want the world knowing.

Honestly, just stop.

Interesting they cut his head off 2 years after being captured.

I'm guessing some criminal/terrorist/freedom fighting group has been holding him for most of the time and now that IS has a beef with the US, IS bought him off that group so they could cut his head off and broadcast it.

Unfortunately the attitude towards journalists in war zones has changed from when I was younger. These days if they find out you're a journalist you're much more likely to be shot on the spot, or kidnapped for ransom. Journalist body count isn't helped by how aggressive some journalists are in pushing right into the front lines/uncontrolled areas looking for 'the money shot', or that pulitzer prize winning interview with Shake me-hand-dad or whoever.

Interesting they cut his head off 2 years after being captured.

I'm guessing some criminal/terrorist/freedom fighting group has been holding him for most of the time and now that IS has a beef with the US, IS bought him off that group so they could cut his head off and broadcast it.

Unfortunately the attitude towards journalists in war zones has changed from when I was younger. These days if they find out you're a journalist you're much more likely to be shot on the spot, or kidnapped for ransom. Journalist body count isn't helped by how aggressive some journalists are in pushing right into the front lines/uncontrolled areas looking for 'the money shot', or that pulitzer prize winning interview with Shake me-hand-dad or whoever.
He was supposedly captured by the regime at first. I assume someone handed him over to ISIS, easier to push the "they're worse than us, we're just fighting terrorists" line.

The (extremely disturbing) video can be viewed here. @Mujahid4life tweeted stills from it, which are (aside from the one below), sickeningly graphic.[/QUOTE
Don't watch it . It will stay in your head. It is still in the head of the murderer who committed it , and the sadistic orderers of it. It'll be in their brains and minds , until it 's like a cancer in them , I hope they suffer inside themselves, and their brains wallow in horror over what they've done. If they don't , kill them.
ps there is no virgins or paradise .there is no paradise ,

LittleGraham,

It's post like this that make it why you can sort of understand where people like StewiePower are coming from.

It's not the time to justify or lay blame to the Obama government. The Iraq War was unjust but that was under a different government.

The new government has helped what now appears ISIS to overthrow the Syrian Asad government. But I don't think the US has intervened in this conflict as much as others, and I'm certainly on the side of the Syrian government certainly the lesser of two evils.

Basically the Obama air strikes was completely different to the strikes originally made that started this War. These strikes were o humanitarian grounds based on the plight of those poor people up in the mountains.

Personally if the people joining Isis take on the Syrian government which seems to be getting an upper hand, I would be quite happy if the Syrian government has the capabilities to go all out and turn it into a blood bath where untold ISIS members get wiped of the face of he earth.

That would be the best result because it would be moderate Arabs/Muslims killing fundamental Extremists, and that wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody watched the video? Can somebody tell me why 'ISIS' would edit out the most gruesome part? And why no blood started spraying out when the 'executor' started sawing at the neck?
Keep you doped with religion, sex and T.V.
Ever since I heard and listened to that song a few months ago, I have referred to the commoners (incl myself) as peasants. So true.

What are we going to do about the bloody English?

the man shown committing the killing "on the face of it appears to have been a British person" and that this would not be surprising given the "significant number" of Britons fighting with Isis in Syria and Iraq.

Most likely from the Benghazi brigade. Our heroes when they were in Libya.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...james-foley-appears-british-hammond?CMP=fb_gu

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2090719,00.html

I believe the family have requested no-one watch or share the video.

The full video he gives some stern advice to his brother who is in the airforce. Before his death he spoke like a converted muslim extremist... I wonder if it is actually true he got killed (i havent seen any video of him actually getting beheaded)

Anybody watched the video? Can somebody tell me why 'ISIS' would edit out the most gruesome part? And why no blood started spraying out when the 'executor' started sawing at the neck?

Ever since I heard and listened to that song a few months ago, I have referred to the commoners (incl myself) as peasants. So true.
Yeah found that really weird. Every other video like that has shown blood going everywhere.

ISIS edited the blood and guts so it could be digested by Western Media showing that they aren't just barbaric thugs rather they include articulate people and that they have a plan.

They are absolute scumbags.

ISIS edited the blood and guts so it could be digested by Western Media showing that they aren't just barbaric thugs rather they include articulate people and that they have a plan.

They are absolute scumbags.

That was forefront on their minds??? Something smells to me, and especially with the way the "victim" seemed like a convert. Im sitting on the fence on this one

Well well what do you know, some Muslims taking Islam out of context and creating a caliphate the lefties here laughed about in much older threads.

There really is no moderate, extreme, there is only Muslim. Just how can a Muslim be deemed extreme when they do as their best example did in head-chopping warlord Mohammed? Oh look at that extreme Christian over there tending to the sick as Jesus did! Nope not extreme just a follower.

The other thing is why does this Baghdadi fellow practice Islam like the haters say it is, such as Robert Spenser? Baghdadi is an Islamic scholar with an MA-degree in Qur’anic studies, did he go to the Islamophobe university? Strange he seems to have the same misunderstanding as other prominent Muslim scholars, such as

Sheikh Abu Ala Maududi, who stated in Islamic Law and Constitution, that the Islamic State “seeks to mould every aspect of life and activity. In such a state no one can regard any field of his affairs as personal and private. Considered from this aspect the Islamic State bears a kind of resemblance to the Fascist and Communist states. Islam wishes to destroy all states and governments anywhere on the face of the earth which are opposed to the ideology and program of Islam.”