An open invitation: The Sweet Football Association

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
I've been given permission from captainMyCaptain to put this thread up. I'm here to tell you about the Sweet Football Association.

251182_212701512085874_6427666_n.jpg

So basically, the Sweet FA is a text-based fantasy football league located in the Footy Games section of BigFooty where you (yes, YOU!) are a player. Each week you get to play with and against other posters. Post well, and you will be rewarded with a Brownlow or Coleman-like award.

The sim itself is called Qooty, created by SFA overlord Mobbenfuhrer. He is considered the founder of the league.

So each week, you go up against another team in a match thread. Each match thread is posted a week before the game kicks off. Until then, you can either create a theme in the match thread to make it somewhat interesting, or simply talk s**t to the opposition. Most enjoy the latter option.

There are also media threads that are put up every now and then that sometimes create lolz, but they can also create enemies, which in turn create lolz.

The SFA is always looking for new posters, which is why this thread has been created - to recruit some potential stars. We are seriously lacking in GWS supporters (in fact I don't think we have any at all) and by signing up for the season which starts in a week or two you will be in the running for the coveted EKA medal (the EKA Medal is the award for the best first year poster - like the Rising Star award). The league is currently entering its 18th season, and is stronger than ever. However, new posters are always welcome, e.g. some of you guys. :p

I can't post this without a pump for my own team. Dragons FFC is a team on the up, and we are building a very strong list. Having finished runner up, losing the big dance in season 17, we're looking to go one better this season. We have a great mix of youth and experience, and proved last season we are a force to be reckoned with.

We'd love to give some of you guys a shot during preseason, even just to give you a taste. There'll be no pressure on anyone to sign up, but if you are interested, we have list spots available.

There are 10 currently existing teams in the league, and there are two more just starting out this season. Here are the links for the team threads for each of the teams:

Geelong Gumbies - Premiers from S16, captain A Bit High
Dragons FFC - Last season's runners up, and my team, captains Ljp86 and The Filth Wizard
Roy Gorillas FFC - The SFA retirement home. Where has-beens go to play, captain Freakie
Gold City Royals - A powerhouse. Everyone loves to hate them, captains Wise Guy Sam and Marlowe
Fighting Furies - Only Richmond supporters play for them. Don't go near, or they'll hit you, captains fumbler and tigland
Alberton Swamprats - Same as the Furies, except for Port supporters. They like FUIC, captain MannumPower
West Coast Wonders - Last season's premiers, captains PVF and ClarkeM
Mount Buller Demons - The best team last season, but left the finals in straight sets, captain Eth
Baghdad Bombers - Moving home grounds to an undisclosed location this season, captains beez and gee dub
East Side Hawks - Another team everyone hates. Especially myself. You should too, captain Karnezis_13
Coney Island Warriors - New team, full of bay 13 SFA wannabe's, captain Frankston Rover
Las Vegas Bears - The second new team, gold gleams in their eyes, captain pantskyle

And finally, here is the link to the main board, where you can look at sample match threads and media articles.

I sincerely hope some of you are interested, anyone will be accepted with open arms.

Oh, and we have badges :D although I'm yet to receive one :(.

Thanks,
Danoz

Fighting Furies was set up for the sole purpose of being a Tigers Supporter base club only.

Last season a player named Claypigeon who is a Blues supporter joined us, this season we have had Uncle_Leo North Melbourne, raskolnikov Essendon, and Shadow Man Fremantle join us.

So we are open to GWS supporters joining the Furies and we promote any player from within our club no matter what allegiance.

I like how long it took you guys to find this :D

A GWS supporter clued me in as we wanted a few of them to join us.

A few seasons back when i was recruiting for the Royals i did something similar on the GC Suns board. Wasn't much of reply though.

Back