Analysis and Strategy: Cricket World Cup Multis

Jan 13, 2011
Child of Ghaia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Relatively new to the punt, prior to the Cricket World Cup I put about $100 worth of multis on various combos of the tournament leading run scorer for each team.
Now that the group stages have finished, some of these multis have failed, but some are looking extremely promising. The following ones are the ones I am unsure how to play from here.

Im looking for some Ideas on how to maximise these multis as a whole. Are there hedging opportunities? How do I handle the prospect of say an Australia win, but a Steve Smith duck? Which would keep a multi (multi 2A) alive but wouldn't it also reduce the possible cash out if Smiths odds blew out?

With the cashout feature teasing me I need some rational thoughts from experienced people to see best way to proceed and if there are things I may have missed.

Current status and odds of the contenders.
ENG - Bell (Win)
SL - Sangakarra 1.06 (101runs in front of Dilshan 7.50)
SA - De Villiers 1.11 (110runs in front of Amla 6.50)
IND - Kohli 2.60 (36runs behind Dhawan 1.57, 135runs in front of Dhoni 21.00)

Variables ie. some multis have one or the other.
NZ - McCullum 1.90 (4runs behind Guptil 2.20, 74runs in front of Williamson 9.00)
Or
NZ - Williamson 9.00 (78runs behind Guptil 2.20, 74 runs behind McCullum 1.90)

AUS - Smith 9.00 (88runs behind Warner 1.80, 81runs behind Maxwell 3.60, 21runs behind Finch 5.50)
Or
AUS - Warner 1.80 (7runs in front of Maxwell 3.60, 67 runs on front of Finch 5.50, 88runs in front of Smith 9.00)

Quarter Finals
Sri Lanka 3.00 vs South Africa 1.40
Bangladesh 5.50 Vs India 1.14
Pakistan 4.33 vs Australia 1.22
West Indies 3.50 vs New Zealand 1.30

image.jpg

Multi 1A: 6 folds, so if I lose one leg it's gone. Williamson the big risk here but with New Zealand favourites to win their quarters Im thinking hold off on this till after then. I think all the favourites should win and that Kumar and AB are far enough in front so that whichever team loses that player should win the leg.

image.jpg

Multi 1B: 5 fold,as above but can afford a leg to fail.

image.jpg

Multi 2A: 6 folds so no room for error. Smith the worry but expecting Australia to win. Cash out is juicy though to cover initial investment.

image.jpg

Multi 2B: 5 folds. Same as above but with margin for error.

Appreciate all insights in advance. Show me your ideas people.

Back