Review Fremantle d Adelaide by 11 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide lost the game when they took Dangerfield off with seven minutes to go and we kicked two goals.

edit. For some reason I thought it was two goals but it was only one in the last quarter that we kicked. Crows went goalless.

Last edited:

Job done. A different way to get the same result we've been getting for the previous 8 weeks, impressed that once again we're able to respond when challenged by a decent footy team.

Another acceptable performance from number 7, if he keeps working hard at his game he might become a good player in this league.

Sandi just underlined his credentials as starting ruck in the all australian team.
Sheridan coming on early was a very good call, he shows more every time he runs out there.
I thought players who were quiet early lifted in the third- we overran them to an extent in the last, just didn't quiet put it on the boards.

For the second consecutive week Sandi has made "one of the best ruckmen in the comp" look second rate.

We looked like a team that hadn't seen a wet footy all year.

...and the second week in a row Fyfe has beaten his career best touch numbers.

Significantly, the umps let Fyfe get away with a high fend off to the face of a tackler.

Is this the day that Fyfe crosses the line and joins the umpire's golden boy club? Can we look forward to another 8 to ten years of Hodge / Selwood / Judd like impunity?

No HTB? Play on when the clock is stopped? High? Whats high?

But seriously, kudos to Sandi, Fyfe, Walters...

Another acceptable performance from number 7, if he keeps working hard at his game he might become a good player in this league.

Think you might be speaking a bit early here mate, still has a long way to go to earn his stripes. When he starts consistently pumping out 50 possession 2 goal games then maybe I might consider him a solid player.

I immensely enjoy opposition supporters telling me how good their ruck is, and how dominant he has been, just before they play us. Then Sandilands, almost without fail, makes them look second rate.

When was the last time he clearly lost the ruck duel? Somehow he is still underrated by some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the kind of night where the Sutcliffe's, Subans and Spurrs of the world show when its their turn to go they go. Due respect to our stars but these guys showed its an even team. Everyone has their strength and weaknesses (Hill and Pearce being not suited to the wet whether) but it was a great chance for these guys to show their commitment and physicality in imposing on the contest.

That was after Fyfe had the free kick for high contact. You don't give a free for something that happens afterwards. Umps forgot we were out there after 1/4 time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back