Past Andrew Carrazzo

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Carrot's my bud, so I have to pump him up a bit..

He was just about BOG for us in that disgraceful, inspid peformance against Richmond ..
One of the few players (along with T-Bird, Stevens and Judd) that actually put it, and never gave up for the entire game.
If all the players on that ground played with the same dedication and heart that Carrot did on Friday night, we would have won ...

He at least can hold his head up high, and yeah I do think his disposal is improving ...

Carrot just had an average game (by his standards) on the w/end IMHO ..

17 disposals, 12 kicks, 5 handballs no goals ...

Hopefully Carrot can have a big game against Essenscum ..

Geez bad for me not to give a report for a few weeks, but geez Carrot is just a gem BOG against Wet Coke, 40 plus disposals and very influential, he's a dead set gem ..

Right now, if he keeps this form up, he has to be a chance for AA honors (if not back to back best and fairest, he has been one of our most consistent players this year) ..

U rock carrot !!

Great couple of days for Carrot :D

Plays another solid game for the Baggers with 21 possies, and 7 tackles, another tough game for the little champ ..
90 percent effiency rate as well is also good to see, and gives a lie to that myth by some fans that he turns it over or can't kick well (he only had one clanger)

And he won the handball comp on the sunday footy show today, beating a Bummer Sam Lonergan :D

andrew carazzo

dont like to bagg our boyz but he gets 30 touchs and people say he played another blinder,come on he turned over about 10 and if brown had of kicked straight he would of kicked 5 or 6.needs to go to the bullants and get basics back and some confidnce back

Re: andrew carazzo

dont like to bagg our boyz but he gets 30 touchs and people say he played another blinder,come on he turned over about 10 and if brown had of kicked straight he would of kicked 5 or 6.needs to go to the bullants and get basics back and some confidnce back

Hey Mods - how about you move this post (delete would be better) as we do not need two Carrot threads - especially one by an Idiot bagger

i love carlton - I don't think so

Maybe 'i love carlton except for Carrots"

Re: andrew carazzo

Like I have already said the above is total crap
With no game this weekend watched us beat the Tiggers again
The facts on Carrots and Browny:

Did not look to be playing on Brown at the start of the game (Brown was in OUR forward line a fair bit)
Was pretty much exclusively on him from half way thru first quarter on and had double Brown's possessions.
Carrots only had 3 clangers for the day
- 1 a professional free kick he gave away to stop their run
- 1 a terribe hball (see below)
- 1 ?

Now to address Brown's 6 behinds (4 in Q1 - HE was useless after Q time)
1st one was never going to be anything but as he gathered the ball between the goal and behind post with Gibbsy right on him
2nd one was the Worst decision of the day when AB freed after Brown ducked his head
3rd on Carrots was from on the line again between goal and behind post. Carrots did the team thing and leapt against Pattison who was not covered and was going to mark
4th Carrots gave Brown a break when running and bouncing out of the backline, Carrots did his clanger handpass and the ball was rebounded to Brown
5th pt after marking on lead was a miss from 48m (no gimme)
6th pt after marking on lead was a miss from 49m (no gimme)

In short he should have kicked a couple but Carrots thrashed him

No replies please as Carrots has already been bagged for a week after beating Brown and I only wished to document the facts

I really am getting sick of Carrazzo, he does nothing but let us down at important times. I'd much rather be blooding a young one right now as he finds some form in the VFL. He is not worthy of selection at the moment. Learning how to man-up would be a valuable skill for him.

Carrot is a workhorse ... Lets have a look at the clanger/disposal effiency count, I can think of a few other players (I'm looking at you Mrs Jordan Russell) who turn the ball far over then Carrot ... He's just an typical scapegoat for a few fans sadly ...

I thought carrots had an absolute ripper on the weekend, hes so good at winning 50-50 balls and running away with it. great evasive skills and ball handling. His Kicking was better on the weekend also imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone who bags Carrot owe him a massive apology ...
He finishes 4th in the best and fairest, and won best clubman :D :D

Carrot is a quality and consistent player despite what the nuffers think (IE GENERAL :D)
Well done on another great season Carrot ...

Tough year but a good one for Carlton workhorse

Carrazzo said being a life-long Carlton fan made the impending finals experience all the more special.

"I grew up getting to see Carlton playing in finals every year and Grand Finals every few years, so I was probably spoiled a bit," he said. "So hopefully when we finally get to that stage over the final weekend of September it'll be even more special."'

Andrew Carrazzo defies Blues curse

It was, Andrew's father Peter Carrazzo said this week, a sobering moment.

"When he won it in 2007, he said: 'Dad, I hope it does not happen to me', and I said: 'It is up to you to make sure it does not happen'," Carrazzo Snr recalled this week.

While confident his son's work ethic would prevail - the Blue had overcome several knockbacks to claim a spot on Carlton's list - the Slade Group senior consultant admitted he was shocked by Carrazzo's dedication when he called that morning to wish him well on an overseas trip.

"I think we got home about 2 o'clock, because he had to fly out the next morning," Peter said.

"When I called him as he was on the way to the airport, I was shocked when he told me: 'I got up at 5 o'clock this morning and went for a 10km run, because I wanted to force myself to start immediately.'

"He has always been totally committed, but I couldn't believe he would do that."

Terrific article.

Holey moley.. 40 touches for the stand in captain last night.

Magnificent performance.

Ratten praises Carrazzo

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/ratten-praises-carrazzo-88329

With Chris Judd suspended, the underrated Carrazzo was given the job of captaining the Blues in Round 1 in what was his 100th career game and he responded with a best-on-ground performance which included a staggering 25 possessions to half-time.

"It's something that Andrew does very well is win the football," Ratten said.

"He has had 40 possessions and to lead the team on his 100th game it was very significant and he played his part beautifully."

98035840.jpg

98033673.jpg

Congratulations on 100 games :thumbsu:

Carrazzo was in the perfect position to score at a vital stage in the last quarter, but refused to pull the trigger and back himself on his left foot IIRC.

Ball and Beams converted from the same spot.

Carrot ran away from the goals and turned it over.

Pies ran it down the ground with Andrew just cruising in the background to score (I think).

Robinson, Grigg and even Browne would have snapped.

I sighed when I saw Carrazzo starting in the forwardline.

Should be dropped, but will probably get another game.

One last chance this week if he's selected.

Carrazzo was in the perfect position to score at a vital stage in the last quarter, but refused to pull the trigger and back himself on his left foot IIRC.

Ball and Beams converted from the same spot.

Carrot ran away from the goals and turned it over.

Pies ran it down the ground with Andrew just cruising in the background to score (I think).

Robinson, Grigg and even Browne would have snapped.

I sighed when I saw Carrazzo starting in the forwardline.

Should be dropped, but will probably get another game.

One last chance this week if he's selected.

Plesae TG, you know he won't get dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back