Toast Andrew Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Moore is starting to show the signs of the number 9 pick we drafted. 21 disposals against one of the hardest teams going around, including 10 contested possessions and 26 pressure acts (only Brad Ebert had more PAs for Port).

Josh Francou says Port should persist with Moore (well more than he did anyway ;))

Moore should be groomed as a midfield star

609674-andrew-moore.jpg

Adelaide coach Matthew Primus must persist with playing Andrew Moore.
And he must play him through the midfield.
The No. 9 pick in the 2009 national draft finally is playing without injury and is looking as if he finally has confidence in his body.
The good news for Power fans is we are only just beginning to see the best of him.
The Advertiser

Been waiting for him to come in and I thought in a losing side he was good yesterday. Couple of good marks, good positioning and ferocious attack on the footy.

As ranga says another preseason injury free and he could have a very imposing figure on him. Keep him in Primus.

#moremoore

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
If Andrew Moore and Ben Jacobs (or Aaron Young) can be this year's Matthew Broadbent and Brad Ebert, it will go a long way to use becoming a finals team.

razza12

Debutant
Oct 4, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
b.munchen, chic bulls, port magpies
hopefully can get a couple more games this year and stay injury free. i think next year he will come of age and have a break out year

Wargreymon90

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Iv heard a lot of people bashing his disposal. Tbh i thought he was quite a good user of the ball.

Still needs to develop some core strength.

Moore has played 2 games straight and really, if he keeps up his form he'll be a lock for the rest of the season. I don't mind it taking longer for him to make the AFL team so long as he can stay in and clearly hold his spot without having to be carried.

JMint

All Australian
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Moore has played 2 games straight and really, if he keeps up his form he'll be a lock for the rest of the season. I don't mind it taking longer for him to make the AFL team so long as he can stay in and clearly hold his spot without having to be carried.

Well ... one game and a bit really.
But one of the (few) positives from yesterday.

He is now a lock in. I'd rather have him developing and learning at AFL level than at the Roosters.

Power Penguin

Senior List
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Great to have him back in the side, hopefully he can get some solid games under his belt this year and continue his development and improvement.

Looked fantastic out there. Should of been in the team since that game last year when he was tearing up in the third quarter and got subbed off to everyones bewilderment.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
At 88kg's still lightly framed for his size, and saying this he looks physically developed when standing next to Boak, Hartlet, Trengove, Butcher, etc. When Shaun tried to nail him, Shaun certainly looked far bigger than him through the depth in the chest and torso. The Jobe Watson, Josh Kennedy comparrison is spot on and both these lads weigh 96kg's. At 21 years of age Moorey has three years to get to physical standard, then two years to get fit to be primed for his peak football years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Looked really good yesterday, was one of our better players yesterday and didn't look at all out of place.

Port could have picked up Jake Melksham with pick 9, but I can see why they went for Moore. So much to like about his game yesterday, especially against quailty opposition. He hasn't played much AFL footy, so I think that bigger and brighter things are to come.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port could have picked up Jake Melksham with pick 9, but I can see why they went for Moore. So much to like about his game yesterday, especially against quailty opposition. He hasn't played much AFL footy, so I think that bigger and brighter things are to come.

Yep, Melksham has made it into an AFL regular quicker, but have a look at what the Essendon fans are saying about his recent form over on their board.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like the way he moves..

He is very slick very neat...

He should be given the Ben Jacobs key..

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am not sure which part of "injury" some people find hard to understand.
Had he not been injured so much he would have played in most games since day one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back