Gongswan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lowndes, Ricciardo
So clubs cant put forward picks for academy players? Hardly exclusive. You really need to look up the meaning of the word.
Slightly different considering the amount of kids coming through in wa being footy is number 1 there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
these blokes seem to think NSW is like the other states, ie: nothing else to do but play footy

Nov 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So clubs cant put forward picks for academy players? Hardly exclusive. You really need to look up the meaning of the word.
Slightly different considering the amount of kids coming through in wa being footy is number 1 there.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yep, seems I don't know basic English :drunk:

exclusive/ɪkˈskluːsɪv,ɛk-/
adjective
  1. excluding or not admitting other things. 14 clubs are excluded from having a region based academy, nominating player's from that region based academy and having a right of reply (matching a bid) should another club deem that player the best fit at their selection
  2. restricted to the person, group, or area concerned. region based academies are restricted to just the 4 northern clubs
  3. catering for or available to only a few, select customers; high class and expensive.
  4. not including.

A fairer price, six million for 12 senior games out of the academy, unfair on whom?

I think we both know I was referring to draft selections. If you want to talk dollars how much of that 6 million came from an unequal share of revenue including the re-distribution from more successful clubs who don't have access to their own talent pool? I'm sure most other clubs would willing invest millions of their own for the same level of access to young talent.

In regards to 12 senior games I take it Heeney is no longer eligible for selection and will be delisted without any compensation at seasons end?

these blokes seem to think NSW is like the other states, ie: nothing else to do but play footy

No as The_Reaper says these players should be included in an open draft or in my view alternatively available to all clubs to sign under a similar arrangement if funding/development works best via club input not the AFL.

I also don't like rewarding failure. Sydney have had 33 years and Brisbane 28 years to build a support base and develop their markets yet generations later there's still a need for on field hand outs. There's been ample time to build that fan base and for those supporters to raise young kids who want to play footy and for more of those kids to reach the highest level.

Gongswan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lowndes, Ricciardo
Yep, seems I don't know basic English :drunk:

exclusive/ɪkˈskluːsɪv,ɛk-/
adjective
  1. excluding or not admitting other things. 14 clubs are excluded from having a region based academy, nominating player's from that region based academy and having a right of reply (matching a bid) should another club deem that player the best fit at their selection
  2. restricted to the person, group, or area concerned. region based academies are restricted to just the 4 northern clubs
  3. catering for or available to only a few, select customers; high class and expensive.
  4. not including.

I think we both know I was referring to draft selections. If you want to talk dollars how much of that 6 million came from an unequal share of revenue including the re-distribution from more successful clubs who don't have access to their own talent pool? I'm sure most other clubs would willing invest millions of their own for the same level of access to young talent.

In regards to 12 senior games I take it Heeney is no longer eligible for selection and will be delisted without any compensation at seasons end?

No as The_Reaper says these players should be included in an open draft or in my view alternatively available to all clubs to sign under a similar arrangement if funding/development works best via club input not the AFL.

I also don't like rewarding failure. Sydney have had 33 years and Brisbane 28 years to build a support base and develop their markets yet generations later there's still a need for on field hand outs. There's been ample time to build that fan base and for those supporters to raise young kids who want to play footy and for more of those kids to reach the highest level.
How can we make you blokes understand that a half generation of kids is not going to change teh attitude of most NSW people that it is GAYFL etc and don't want their kids going neat it. I 100 years, ok maybe, if the Sydney based teams put on a good showing. Rugby League rules the roost here, most of teh people I know don't even know AFL exists

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gongswan

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lowndes, Ricciardo
Hardly going to be the only player.
I said so far, and how are we going to match draft picks with clubs that finish lower thanus? By trading out best 22 players? Should we trade Lewis Jetta for a top ten pick to get an unproven prospect, seriously, get a bit fair dinkum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back