Android phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, didn't want to start a new thread so I thought this would be the best area to ask. My iPhone 4 is about to be dead and after looking at an Apple homescreen for 3 years everyday I want a change. What would be the best Android phone on the market at the moment, or is there any phone that is coming out in the next few months that I should keep my eye on. $600 is the most I will spend. Thanks.

Hey guys, didn't want to start a new thread so I thought this would be the best area to ask. My iPhone 4 is about to be dead and after looking at an Apple homescreen for 3 years everyday I want a change. What would be the best Android phone on the market at the moment, or is there any phone that is coming out in the next few months that I should keep my eye on. $600 is the most I will spend. Thanks.
Nexus 5 is very good value and a great phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That's what everyone tells me and I think it might be the way to go. How's the battery life on it?
It depends how heavily you use apps. It's OK not great, not terrible.

That's what everyone tells me and I think it might be the way to go. How's the battery life on it?

LOVE my Nexus 5. As mentioned, battery life isn't terrible, isn't amazing. I use it a medium to high amount most days, and it lasts. Think I ran it flat during the day once when I was travelling somewhere and on it all day?

But yes, LOVE the phone.

Hi all. Had a Zopo C2 that I got from a client for the last 18 months that has gone belly up.

Im not really into all the high end stuff. I mostly just use my phone for streaming a couple of web shows on That Guy With The Glasses or Red Letter Media, as well as general browsing and music. No high end apps, although Clash of Clans is a guilty pleasure :cool:

Is the S3 a reliable phone? I'm looking at spending around $250 at most but the catch is I need something ASAP. Not having a phone is killing me at work. Have seen refurbished options around online. Are these sorts of things trustworthy?

Hi all. Had a Zopo C2 that I got from a client for the last 18 months that has gone belly up.

Im not really into all the high end stuff. I mostly just use my phone for streaming a couple of web shows on That Guy With The Glasses or Red Letter Media, as well as general browsing and music. No high end apps, although Clash of Clans is a guilty pleasure :cool:

Is the S3 a reliable phone? I'm looking at spending around $250 at most but the catch is I need something ASAP. Not having a phone is killing me at work. Have seen refurbished options around online. Are these sorts of things trustworthy?

Galaxy S3? It's getting a bit long in the tooth but it's still a very capable phone, I've never tried a refurb phone but seeing what your average phone goes through day to day I'm not sure I'd trust one. Spend the extra $50 and get a new one.

Might be worth looking out for the Motorola Moto G capable 3G Android phone for just over $200

How much of an upgrade is the Nexus 5 over a Galaxy Nexus?

I'm still happy with my GNex, but might look at an upgrade if there is a significant difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much of an upgrade is the Nexus 5 over a Galaxy Nexus?

I'm still happy with my GNex, but might look at an upgrade if there is a significant difference.

I had the galaxy nexus before and moved up to the nexus 5. I love the nexus 5...but mostly because it is pretty much the Galaxy Nexus but newer. That was a big deal for me because the battery was going on the Galaxy Nexus.

One thing I'm sad about, I'd say the speaker phone on the Galaxy Nexus is clearer than the Nexus 5.

All in all, if you do ever need to upgrade, Nexus 5 is a great phone to move to from a Galaxy Nexus.

I had the galaxy nexus before and moved up to the nexus 5. I love the nexus 5...but mostly because it is pretty much the Galaxy Nexus but newer. That was a big deal for me because the battery was going on the Galaxy Nexus.

One thing I'm sad about, I'd say the speaker phone on the Galaxy Nexus is clearer than the Nexus 5.

All in all, if you do ever need to upgrade, Nexus 5 is a great phone to move to from a Galaxy Nexus.
Thanks. I replaced my battery 6 months ago give or take.

New Note Edge looks interesting, not sure if awesome or not. 5.6", 174g, 4.4.4.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-edge-specs

:thumbsu: to Samsung for innovation

:thumbsdown: to Samsung for pathetic advertising campaign of late

Won't be going near one, but all new fancy tech has to start somewhere. It's a cool idea that'll evolve over time, and hopefully the price of bendy displays drops quickly too.

A few cool devices have just been announced, I'm almost out of contract so I'll have to pick one soon.

Anyone got the Sony Xperia Z2? What do they think of it? I just got one after always having an iphone. I'm not really a phone nerd and it's taking some time getting used to, do others like the phone?
whats your verdict on the Xperia Z2? Im thinking of getting one as soon as the Z3 is released.

I'm looking at the LG G3 as well, tossing up with the HTC One M8. Anybody care to sway me either way?

The last time I talked up the M8, I got shot down and called a fanboy. I couldn't help that I was over the moon with the M8, it's bloody amazing. Anyone else got one?

Speaking of battery life in the above post, I'm still loving how good the M8 battery is. I've had 4G running all day, have left wifi on, used it moderately, yet I still have 84% left after work since taking it off charge this morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back