Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson has escaped huge amounts of heat on this subject, he was/is afterall the so called "architect" of Essendons back room right back to when Matty Knights copped it in the neck. And so it followed, hird,thompson etc etc, all with watsons fingerprints

Essendon are a big club and generate lots of $$$ for the AFL .
Despite as you say , Watsons shadow being ever present in the background , he is said to be/promoted as a good bloke , thus , he escapes a lot of heat .
There are too many snouts in the trough to rock the boat !!
Its a tough time for EFC members and supporters at the moment (been there done that through the end of the Elliott era) but the members are the one's who can ultimately hold the likes of Hird , Little , Watson to account ...
Your club will be better for it and rest assured , the likes of Andy Maher will never go there ... the trough is still plentifull and way too much too thier liking !!

Should have retired here at the high point of his career. About 3 minutes in.

Oh my god. Maaaah is going to be mighty embarrassed when he googles his own name tonight and realises people have found that. As all involved should be. Here's one viewer's reaction:

Come on guys! He's responsible for the greatest piece of sports journalism in AFL history:

That was actually very watchable thanks to Mark Jamar. If Maher had any semblance of awareness, he would have steered the interview in the direction that Jamar was going to. Instead he just kept sucking up his arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, the final straw was 2 or 3 years ago when the cameras caught Taylor Walker at the footy with a beer in his hand. Maher jumped on his soap box pontificating about how poor it was for Walker to be drinking a day before the Crows were playing on the Sunday, how he was letting his club down, blah, blah, blah. The facts were Walker was not in Crows team to fly to Melbourne, he had played with Norwood in the SANFL the night before, had met some mates from Broken Hill and one of them put a beer in his hand.

As usual Maher was wrong. He's good at that. What he's not good at is apologies. He slanders the young man on national TV without knowing what he's talking about (his forte) and not one word of apology. Maher is just an insipid goose. No golden egg , just a lump of s**t.

Was quite funny when Liverpool were falling apart the other mornign against Crystal Palace.

He and Gazey were talking to Kosi cos you know, what a great knock about bloke he is, geez you just love talking to him, gives a great insight into ah... into ah.. the game. No scores. No updates. Flicked over to Triple M and while I hate Eddie he was almost commentating the game and giving the updates.

Flick back over to Mahery... yeah no mention. Come on youse blokes! Gee whiz!

But if there is a game of Golf happening we get a running commentary... thrilling radio.

For me, the final straw was 2 or 3 years ago when the cameras caught Taylor Walker at the footy with a beer in his hand. Maher jumped on his soap box pontificating about how poor it was for Walker to be drinking a day before the Crows were playing on the Sunday, how he was letting his club down, blah, blah, blah. The facts were Walker was not in Crows team to fly to Melbourne, he had played with Norwood in the SANFL the night before, had met some mates from Broken Hill and one of them put a beer in his hand.

As usual Maher was wrong. He's good at that. What he's not good at is apologies. He slanders the young man on national TV without knowing what he's talking about (his forte) and not one word of apology. Maher is just an insipid goose. No golden egg , just a lump of s**t.

One of the big, big reasons why I don't listen to any football radio anymore. None. It's actually actively increased my enjoyment in the game. Just need a death squad to start taking out the TV commentators now.

I honestly think Huddo has been the only co-worker of his that hasn't hated his guts.

Was quite funny when Liverpool were falling apart the other mornign against Crystal Palace.

He and Gazey were talking to Kosi cos you know, what a great knock about bloke he is, geez you just love talking to him, gives a great insight into ah... into ah.. the game. No scores. No updates. Flicked over to Triple M and while I hate Eddie he was almost commentating the game and giving the updates.

Flick back over to Mahery... yeah no mention. Come on youse blokes! Gee whiz!

But if there is a game of Golf happening we get a running commentary... thrilling radio.

Good observation. He pulled someone up the other day for referring to 'football' instead of 'soccer'. Thinks it's too confusing. And this is a guy that covered the A-league with Fox. Sychophantic dick-eater.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back