News 'Angry' Adams after more responsibility (latest: fined for being drunk in public)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty certain you are just fishing for a reaction, so kudos for that. The thing is, I just can't support players from the club I love stooping to dog acts like that. Daisy's gone, he made his choice, life goes on and who gives a s$&@. What I do give a s$&@ about is our players playing hard, and fair. No need to encourage the next generation to snipe. I hope he buries players in tackles, no doubt, but there's no need to do what you highlight. There's nothing heroic or admirable about it.
I think you make a valid point EM. And under normal circumstances I agree with you However in that game Daisy himself did a few dog acts off the play. I see what Adams did more of an evening up of the ledger. It was pay back. As a player if your going to commit dog acts then you have to expect some retaliation.

I think you make a valid point EM. And under normal circumstances I agree with you However in that game Daisy himself did a few dog acts off the play. I see what Adams did more of an evening up of the ledger. It was pay back. As a player if your going to commit dog acts then you have to expect some retaliation.

What did Adams do again?o_O

Pretty certain you are just fishing for a reaction, so kudos for that. The thing is, I just can't support players from the club I love stooping to dog acts like that. Daisy's gone, he made his choice, life goes on and who gives a s$&@. What I do give a s$&@ about is our players playing hard, and fair. No need to encourage the next generation to snipe. I hope he buries players in tackles, no doubt, but there's no need to do what you highlight. There's nothing heroic or admirable about it.
It's football, not church mate. Football is tough and mean, you don't tolerate s**t from little pricks like daisy. Thomas dissed luke Ball, and TA taught him a lesson for it. Plain and simple.

At the same age Jordan Lewis was a premiership player, had accumulated 19 Brownlow votes and had two 500 possession seasons under his belt. He WILL be the next captain of a back to back premiership team and, IMO, was stiff not to also be a Norm Smith medalist. Put simply he's a gun!!

Instead of getting worked up you should note that I never said that Adams wouldn't be a good performer. He just has half the skill of Lewis (who I liken his attitude, desire and toughness to) and that is the type of player I want him to become.

Maybe your reaction would have been different if I'd said he's the next Jude Bolton? On a side note this is the exact reason I've dialed back my involvement on here any assessment other than a positive one is viewed negatively...

This isn't true, Jordan Lewis debuted at the age of 18y 351d so was pretty much a 19 year old... By the time he was 21 he'd had one 500 possession season and two similar seasons to what we saw from Adams at GWS. Taylor adams was still 20 for the full season last year, he'll be 21 all year this year unless we make the Grand Final. Not saying he's going to be better than Jordan Lewis, just saying your stats are wrong.

It's football, not church mate. Football is tough and mean, you don't tolerate s**t from little pricks like daisy. Thomas dissed luke Ball, and TA taught him a lesson for it. Plain and simple.

I can't remember that incident but I think in general people overate 'dissing' ex team mates. They could well have still being mates just playing it up against each other. I doubt Ball really cared.

I can't remember that incident but I think in general people overate 'dissing' ex team mates. They could well have still being mates just playing it up against each other. I doubt Ball really cared.
Not sure if BBD is alluding to something that happened that night however, Daisy did kick into Ball's face in another game and laughed at him which was poor form and I'd call that dissing him in a big way.

Last edited:
I don't see them as a great comparison anyway.
Lewis floats around and swings into the backline alot, Adams is like Mathew Boyd, Kieren Jack type of player

Last edited:
Not sure if BBD is alluding to something that happened that night however, Daisy did kick into Ball's face in another game and laughed at him which was poor form and I'd call that dissing him in a big way.
This was the original incident:
xdi6f7.jpg

And the immediate payback:
250nvyw.jpg

The Adams incident was later, and the icing on the cake of a ripper night, consisting of one of the worst set shots on goal of 2014 by Thomas, and Langdon labelling him a 'bogan from Drouin'. :D:D:D

This was the original incident:
xdi6f7.jpg

And the immediate payback:
250nvyw.jpg

The Adams incident was later, and the icing on the cake of a ripper night, consisting of one of the worst set shots on goal of 2014 by Thomas, and Langdon labelling him a 'bogan from Drouin'. :D:D:D

Ok well I don't think that was that big of a deal. Supporters would have been way more angry about that than Ball would have.

I think its fun to laugh at Thomas for having a bad night as payback but some people on here making out he is a dog person for that is stupid.

I cant find a video of this one
dt.jpg
20140324_thomas.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok well I don't think that was that big of a deal. Supporters would have been way more angry about that than Ball would have.

I think its fun to laugh at Thomas for having a bad night as payback but some people on here making out he is a dog person for that is stupid.
He laid a bump on a man who was already hurt. Dog act in anyone's book, and Ball wanted nothing to do with him at the end of the game when he went to shake hands.

As a side note, Ball was one of the most well liked and respected players in the comp, and the president of the AFLPA. Even if the bump wasn't heavy, it still showed a complete lack of respect for the guy who worked hard to represent the best interests of all the players.

Bit wrong to compare Lewis and Adams as they are quite different. Can't stand Lewis, but the guy is a great player. Adams has a LONG way to go! I'm sure he can get to his level though and let 's hope for even a little higher ;)

A side note for the Lewis lovers, lets not confuse his 2014 year for the rest of his career. He was always a good player but IMO last year was the first where he was elite.

He laid a bump on a man who was already hurt. Dog act in anyone's book, and Ball wanted nothing to do with him at the end of the game when he went to shake hands.

As a side note, Ball was one of the most well liked and respected players in the comp, and the president of the AFLPA. Even if the bump wasn't heavy, it still showed a complete lack of respect for the guy who worked hard to represent the best interests of all the players.

I don't see how respect has anything to do with it. Being respected player doesn't mean people don't try to get under your skin so thats kind of irrelevant. You think no one ever gave Buckley, Voss etc a jab when they were down?

It was a fairly gentle bump after he got hit in the face with a football, which isn't usually a serious injury (apart from the initial stun). The fact there was no big backlash from the media (like the Judd fingers) who love drumming up rubbish should tell you that neutral supporters didn't think there was much in it.

If Ball really didn't want anything to do with Thomas after the game I doubt it was only because of that incident. He probably was more angry for other reasons (e.g. just doesn't like him or because he left collingwood).

Don't be a fool. I hope Thomas fails at carlton and enjoy seeing him play badly. But that doesn't mean we have to exaggerate everything he does.

I don't care what Adams did to Thomas either so its not like I'm supporting him. Just not making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I don't see being one eyed as a positive trait in a human.

Don't be a fool. I hope Thomas fails at carlton and enjoy seeing him play badly. But that doesn't mean we have to exaggerate everything he does.

I don't care what Adams did to Thomas either so its not like I'm supporting him. Just not making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Showing how bored the Board is at the moment

Soooooo.... For those of us who did enjoy watching the stink fist... We can go back to enjoying that again now right?

I loved seeing a bit of real emotion and pay back on the field. Can't let a slimy little prick like Daisy get away with that. If the rumors about Daisy jumping up on the table and singing the Carlton club song at our Mad Monday before he left are true, then I dare say a few of the boys did feel a bit p!ssed off with him. I remember someone saying Maxy was fuming when it happened. It looked like Daisy was asking for it anyway.

P.S. I wish my wife was a one eyed Pie, that'd be a very desirable trait.

I agree with your assessment of Lewis, but I have to say, the whole 'premiership player' comment is pretty irrelevant to his skill as a player.

Jarryd Blair was a premiership player at 20 years old, but isn't even close to being in the same league as Lewis as a player.

The only time I'd say it's worth mentioning someone is a premiership player is when referring to their experience, not skill imo.

Generally speaking I would agree with you especially on a player like Blair because he was a bottom 6 player in that side for us. In the case of Lewis I felt he was a contributor across the season and on game day for Hawthorn something that Adams may become this year, but not to the level we would all hope because of his poor skill level.

This isn't true, Jordan Lewis debuted at the age of 18y 351d so was pretty much a 19 year old... By the time he was 21 he'd had one 500 possession season and two similar seasons to what we saw from Adams at GWS. Taylor adams was still 20 for the full season last year, he'll be 21 all year this year unless we make the Grand Final. Not saying he's going to be better than Jordan Lewis, just saying your stats are wrong.

Right you are.

Then the question would be is Adams in 2015-2016 matching Lewis through 08? I'll put my hand up as a serious doubter unless he dramatically increases his ability to hit targets in space or he starts to handball more often and kick long to contests regularly ala Nathan Jones.

He adds those elements to his already established ability inside the contest, attitude and desire then yes he can become a player the caliber of Lewis who, IMO, has been a gun for a long time, but was largely overlooked until 2014 because he played in the vast shadow of Hodge and Mitchell.

At the same age Jordan Lewis was a premiership player, had accumulated 19 Brownlow votes and had two 500 possession seasons under his belt. He WILL be the next captain of a back to back premiership team and, IMO, was stiff not to also be a Norm Smith medalist. Put simply he's a gun!!

Should have been our gun too. Chris Egan...Sigh:(:cry::cry:

Generally speaking I would agree with you especially on a player like Blair because he was a bottom 6 player in that side for us. In the case of Lewis I felt he was a contributor across the season and on game day for Hawthorn something that Adams may become this year, but not to the level we would all hope because of his poor skill level.

Right you are.

Then the question would be is Adams in 2015-2016 matching Lewis through 08? I'll put my hand up as a serious doubter unless he dramatically increases his ability to hit targets in space or he starts to handball more often and kick long to contests regularly ala Nathan Jones.

He adds those elements to his already established ability inside the contest, attitude and desire then yes he can become a player the caliber of Lewis who, IMO, has been a gun for a long time, but was largely overlooked until 2014 because he played in the vast shadow of Hodge and Mitchell.

Lewis was developed in a much different manner to what I expect Adams to be or has so far been developed in. Lewis was drafted as an inside mid but the Hawks decided to fast track Lewis's outside game by throwing him onto the wing in his earlier years. I can't see Taylor Adams ever being used in an outside role, he'll be predominantly inside for most of his career I'd imagine. We'll see some development in his outside game as his career progresses but he'll probably always be a little more one dimensional than Lewis in this regard.

Having said that, I still think Adams could become as good as Lewis, albeit in a different mould. Maybe Mitchell's career progression is a better comparison for Adams though? I'd imagine Mitchell would be the type Adams would try to model his game around anyway.

The whole Lewis vs Adams comparison is a bit lazy. Seems like people are saying they are both solidly built players therefore they are the same. I could just as easily say Lewis is a good kick and Adams isn't therefore they are opposites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back