Remove this Banner Ad

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ga...to-port-adelaide/story-fndv8s6g-1227372951725
200-game Angus Monfries energised by move from Essendon to Port Adelaide

POWER star Angus Monfries’ return to South Australia ahead of the 2013 season gave him a jolt of enthusiasm which has carried him towards his 200th game this weekend.
After 150 games with Essendon, Monfries will rack up his 50th match for Port and his 200th overall against Melbourne at picturesque Traeger Park in Alice Springs.
Monfries, 28, said as much as he had loved his time with the Bombers, there had been nothing like coming back to Adelaide.
``To be able come home and be surrounded by friends and family has been great,’’ Monfries said. ``And to be able to play in front of a packed house at Adelaide Oval every second week has been a really exciting part of it as well.’’
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ga...to-port-adelaide/story-fndv8s6g-1227372951725
upload_2015-5-28_21-16-28.png

I was pretty harsh on him last year while he was carrying an injury.

Had a great prelim and is ranked 4th in my MVP voting so far this year so he isn't playing terrible by any stretch.

Good luck to him this weekend, Hopefully we can get the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been pretty consistently good when the chips were down for us over the last few years.
Now he's our most experienced campaigner out there.
Well done to him.

I have been disappointed with his season so far. Very inconsistent IMO. I don't see what others see in his game. 200 us a good effort though.

He's probably been our best forward and most consistent and effective player outside of Gray and Wingard. One of the few pulling his weight his 2015.

That shows how well our forwards are going this year then. I know that my opinion won't be popular but that's what I see. I think his game has too many weaknesses.

was harshly criticised early on i thought for not hitting the scoreboard when he was clearly underdone, however was still playing his role in shutting down opposition rebounders imo. i criticised his inability to keep his feet in contests earlier in the year, but he's looked back to his '13 self & the gus we saw before he pulled his hammy last year. kudos on a fine career so far gus. such a crucial & undervalued member of our side when he's firing.

Ironic that it's Heath Shaw's 200th as well. Still think Gus deserves a commission on those GWS $ that Shaw makes.

I'm a big wrap for Gus. He's played more as a defensive forward in the last 18 months and he's done very well. Pleased with his work in this difficult season. Also bear in mind he has to do his work with the shadow of WADA's appeal hanging over his head, which speaks of a really mentally strong bloke. Also a good fisherman but he wont' get much of that this weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back