Animals Run Wild 2014 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Drew23

Premiership Player
May 12, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After an outstanding 2013 where the Animals took home the spooks cup and made it so close to taking home the premiership cup, the Animals will look to go one better this year.

Having a fit Nic Nat will improve our list greatly. Youth will again be our target with improvement across the board being our prime focus

#1 - Todd Goldstein
#2 - Nic Nat Nui
#3 - Jarryd Roughead
#4 - Scott Selwood
#5 - Jack Ziebell
#6 - Jack Gunston
#7 - Brent Stanton
#8 - Bryce Gibbs
#9 - Luke Parker
#10 - Harley Bennell
#11 - Brandon Ellis
#12 - Jack Trengove
#13 - Jack Grimes
#14 - Johnathon Patton
#15 - Jack Watts
#16 - Lachie Whitfield
#17 - Scott Gumbleton
#18 - Devon Smith
#19 - Daniel Currie
#20 - Jackson Mcrae

Carry over #1 - Todd Goldstein

Todd is outstanding at what he does. Will captain most weeks and look for him to be the decisive player that wins games for arw.

Carry over #2 - Jarryd Roughead

Was one of the top few forwards this year and will be looking forward to Jarryd continuing this form into next year without Franklin in the team. Viable captaincy option each week

Carry over #3 - Scott Selwood

One of the elite few players in the league. Scott averages the equal highest score as a tackler. While being a premium as a back, I'm or om and even being a half decent forward. Scott's prime position however will be as a utility where he is one of a select few who average over 90

Carry over #4 - Nic Nat Nui

Nic Nat was out most of the year due to groin issues. Carried for most of the year we will look for nic to pay back the faith shown in him. Nic in rom is a great ruck option with potential to fill a utility role

Selection #13 - Jack Ziebell

We were stoked to have Jack return to us with this selection. We were contemplating selecting Jack as our forth carry over. Jack played with injuries most of 2013. along with full fitness we will look for his natural progression to boost his average further. Jack is flexible in that he is able to pay a number of positions well. Jack will most likely fill the snide mid or tackling role

Selection #15 - Jack Gunston

Some may consider this early, though going off games I saw last year and particularly the finals series. I think gunston could be anything. With buddy moving on hopefully gunston is given a more prominent role and can push his average up to the 35 mark.

Selection #41 - Brent Stanton

What more can I say than I really didn't expect this. Was waiting each pick for him to be taken. My decision was between him and gunston at #15. Will play either om or back depending on where he is required. Captaincy option against particular teams

Selection #15 - Jack Funston

Some may consider this early, though going off games I saw last year and particularly the finals series. I think gunston could be anything. With buddy moving on hopefully gunston is given a more prominent role and can push his average up to the 35 mark.
Yay, Jack Gunston is still available! :)

Selection #44 - Bryce Gibbs

Bryce is back for his third year with arw. Was hesitant to let him go but knew he could potentially fall off a few teams radars due to his average scores. The fact is Bryce always scores well for me. He is given a different role every few weeks. So for 3 weeks his tacked will be high and disposals will be low, while other weeks the opposite. Thus his overall average is brought down.

We are stoked to have Bryce aboard as we look to go one Step further this year

Selection #69 - Luke Parker

Stoked Luke fell through. Luke is a very cool and composed midfielder who kicks goals. At 21 years of age he fits in with the age demographic that I am chasing. Will add midfield grunt to the team being able to play a variety of roles.

Selection #72 - Harley Bennell

Again not a player I expected to be there. With the young guns being snapped up by every# team, it was time the gun was fired with him. Harley was in contention with pick #44 but chose Bryce instead. Welcome Harley and we look forward to watching you improve again in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selection #94 - Brandon Ellis

Rated extremely highly by Richmond and has now done his apprenticeship. Going into his third year Ellis is closing in on 50 games and will look for more midfield time. Should see his back average jump to push the 35 mark

Selection #97 - Jack Trengove

Looking to focus on improving his game. Should see his old numbers return and hopefully make the tackling position his own. Still young with a lot of potential to improve

Depth chart

Back: stanton, gibbs, ellis, bennell, grimes, watts
Inside mid: ziebell, selwood, parker
Outside mid: selwood, stanton, bennell, gibbs, whitfield
Tackler: trengove, parker, ziebell, selwood
Forward: roughead, gunston, smith, patton, watts, gumbleton, bennell
Ruck: goldstrin, nat nui, currie
Utility: selwood, zirbell, nat nui, goldstrin, parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back