Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you need/should you watch any of the previous FMA stuff to get in to it? Or is it standalone?

I would watch the previous series as well, even though it doesn't end up being as good as Brotherhood back in the day it was amazing in its own right.

Also I think the Brotherhood series skips some emotional factors into it.
Spoiler for those that have seen FMAB:
Hughes and Nina's deaths were a lot more emotional in the 2003 series. Also from memory, the FMAB part about their mum wasn't as impactful.

Yeah so what I would do is watch FMA 2003. Wait for a month or two, and then watch Brotherhood.

I would watch the previous series as well, even though it doesn't end up being as good as Brotherhood back in the day it was amazing in its own right.

Also I think the Brotherhood series skips some emotional factors into it.
Spoiler for those that have seen FMAB:
Hughes and Nina's deaths were a lot more emotional in the 2003 series. Also from memory, the FMAB part about their mum wasn't as impactful.

Yeah so what I would do is watch FMA 2003. Wait for a month or two, and then watch Brotherhood.

Do you need/should you watch any of the previous FMA stuff to get in to it? Or is it standalone?

I haven't seen the first FMA anime series so I wouldn't know. Before I watched Brotherhood I researched, and Brotherhood is based off the official manga, while FMA was created as the manga was going, so it doesn't go the main way of the manga after a bit. Without knowing about the first anime I was easily able to get into it.

I've seen both and I'd only recommend watching FMA:B, it's way superior to the first one. It has a rating of 9.24 on MAL and is the #1 ranked series, while the first FMA is rated 8.40.

It's a remake that's more faithful to the manga and not a sequel, so you don't have to watch the previous series. Episodes 1 and 27 can be skipped if you want as they're filler.

If you really want to watch both I'd strongly recommend starting with FMA:B.

OK i think I might start watching FMA:B, then if I really like that I will go back and watch FMA.

The 1st one is a standalone

Only after half way, it follows the manga up until then (with fillers here and there).

If you decide to watch the first one after FMA:B, remember to watch the movie FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa afterwards as it's a a sequel to the episodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to rank my top 10 shows based on what's on my PC:

1 Steins;Gate
2 Code Geass
3 JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (1st season)
4 FMA: B
5 Hunter X Hunter
6 Aria the Origination
7 Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal
8 Higurashi When They Cry
9 Hajime No Ippo
10 Gungrave / Pokemon Origins (could be nostalgia here :p)

Slam Dunk's ending was so weird for the manga, it's like the author just decided he got bored and ended it from nowhere
I would've loved to see that giant Moroboshi up against Shohoku... Seemed like he was hyped up as an important character but in the end he didn't really serve much of a purpose... :(

Been away from this thread gorging myself on Berserk, got up to date on it and man that's a good series to read

Been watching Avatar the Last Airbender, surprisingly enjoyable.

But just realised, water bending would be the ultimate element to bend.

Humans are made up of 70% water or whatever it is, and they could pretty much destroy any living organism easily.

I have seen all the English dub of Fairy Tail, and now onto the English sub. This is a good show. There was a whole story arc which was anime-only.......I thought some of the things in it didn't seem like the previous episodes.

I have seen all the English dub of Fairy Tail, and now onto the English sub. This is a good show. There was a whole story arc which was anime-only.......I thought some of the things in it didn't seem like the previous episodes.
Not a fan of fairy tail. I still watch it though :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back