Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

Claymore is fantastic. It is one of my all-time favourite manga and anime.
Overall I had a really good time with it, which is surprising because I'm not a fan of tragedy/gore genre in general.

Pros
The overall biology of youmas
The twists
The structure of the organisation
The overriding world
The various fighting techniques
The characters development, establishing their own personality but not feeling forced
The Clare and Teresa bond is honestly one of the best bonds I've read so far

Quite a few cons though

Cons
The bloke can't draw faces lol. Very hard to tell who was who, and a lot of the faces tend to look the same
Really disappointed in the lack of Raki and Clare
Thought Raki was under utilised in the end
The story got a little bit ridiculous towards the end

I just saw a Gintama episode about Christmas, where Gin and Umibozu dress up as Santa and then they get into a psychological battle where they both end up believing the other is the real Santa; this is hilarious.

I am caught up with Gintama, and wow. It is the funniest manga and/or anime I have ever seen, but since the beginning of a big arc involving the Shogun it has gone into super serious amazing mode. The story being told is incredible; not that it wasn't before but these serious arcs are fantastic. These latest arcs are some of the best "serious" arcs I have ever seen.

Naruto's ratings on Crunchyroll for the past month are hilarious. Latest episode is at one and a half stars.
I don't know why they don't just do canon now and then create a filler series after it ends with Naruto's kid as the main (like how they made GT after Dragon Ball Z with Gohan's kid as the main).

I am caught up with Gintama, and wow. It is the funniest manga and/or anime I have ever seen, but since the beginning of a big arc involving the Shogun it has gone into super serious amazing mode. The story being told is incredible; not that it wasn't before but these serious arcs are fantastic. These latest arcs are some of the best "serious" arcs I have ever seen.
I'm more of a manga reader than anime watcher but I went to my mates 21st a few months ago and he showed us all an ep from this show. We ended up spending the whole night getting drunk and watching episode after episode haha. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more of a manga reader than anime watcher but I went to my mates 21st a few months ago and he showed us all an ep from this show. We ended up spending the whole night getting drunk and watching episode after episode haha. :D

There is a Gintama arc where Gin gets really drunk and cannot remember what happened; that is a really funny arc. Although in fairness, most of Gintama is really funny.

Get on One Punch Man. First ep was awesome.
I am up to date with both Manga and Anime for this and think it is fantastic. The anime is very close to the manga and the production quality is insane. Highly recommend for anyone who hasn't seen this yet or heard of it before.

Also last One Piece was interesting.

I have just finished seeing all of Death Note. I think it started out really well, and it did finish well. However I think it began to decline once
L was killed

I have just finished seeing all of Death Note. I think it started out really well, and it did finish well. However I think it began to decline once
L was killed
The first 2/3 of Death Note is some of the best anime I've seen. The rest was a bit average.

The game of cat and mouse between L and Light was epic as they tried to outdo each other's ingenuity. However, after L's death the sophistication of those plans dropped off and his successors Near and Mello were never really able to adequately replace him.

Finally up to the last 50 chapters of naruto.

Far out this last battle has drawn out longer than the frieza arc.... probably not.

But after watching the anime for years now and reading the manga all in one go, I can safely say the anime did not do the manga justice by its pacing.

Naruto is seriously a masterpiece. As good as manga gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back