Another alleged racial abuse incident, this time at Buddy Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 21, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
A 70-year-old man, believed to be a Bulldogs fan, was evicted after members of the public complained about alleged racial slurs.

Witnesses say they heard the word "Ape" directed at Lance Buddy Franklin.

The club says none of the players heard any comments from the stands.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24797270/afl-fan-accused-of-abusing-sydney-swans-players/

I guess we shouldn't be surprised by this - there are always going to be complete morons in the world. Time to start handing out 5-10 year bans me thinks.

Old habits die hard unfortunately…one of the reasons it was so important the young girl involved in the Goodes incident be shown why what she said was wrong.

(Do not interpret this as approval of Goodes pointing her out…)

Old habits die hard unfortunately…one of the reasons it was so important the young girl involved in the Goodes incident be shown why what she said was wrong.

(Do not interpret this as approval of Goodes pointing her out…)

I agree she needed to be shown the error of her ways, but pointed out and demonised by the media? Probably not.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised by this - there are always going to be complete morons in the world. Time to start handing out 5-10 year bans me thinks.

Of course, lay the blame before knowing the truth. Do you need to be explained the actual meaning of the word 'alleged'? I just don't understand how this can warrant a new thread when it's barely caused a whimper in the media and throughout footy circles, in fact this is the first I've heard about it.

Great idea by the OP, let's start a thread and create more talking points and discussion about an issue that is so overly publicised it's not even funny.

Aren't finals starting?

Always unfortunate. Eric Wallace was also abused on the weekend at VFL level and we saw incidents last year involving Goodes and Thomas. There's some real tools out there.

Not acceptable from anyone at any age, however you can kinda understand a man of his age having backward views.
It would be ingrained in his psyche, even though its undefendable and utterly wrong.

Id be more worried about younger people still participating in this kind of behaviour.
With the media, internet etc the way it is these days, theres no excuse for narrow minded attitudes.

Disgusting & disrespectful

It is good to see they chucked his racist ass out of the stadium

Don't bring your racism with you to the football
leave it at home people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's he going?

Still stuck in the 2nds but progressing very nicely for a guy new to the game. It does make me wonder though, why are racists targeting big guys (Goodes, Buddy, Wallace)? If I was going to be a dick, I wouldn't direct it at someone who could clobber me into the ground like a tent peg. :p

Some people look like real idiots in this thread.

You don't have to think it's a big issue, but you don't need to go about trivializing it either.

Not acceptable from anyone at any age, however you can kinda understand a man of his age having backward views.
It would be ingrained in his psyche, even though its undefendable and utterly wrong.

Since I moved to Central Queensland a couple of years ago I have been shocked at the level of racism that there is up here, especially amongst the older generation. They think nothing of using terms such as 'coon', 'black fellas' and 'boongs'. It's engrained in their psyche. I have spoken up a couple of times but it's futile. The older ones aren't going to change. We can only hope we can educate the younger generation that it's not acceptable.

Still stuck in the 2nds but progressing very nicely for a guy new to the game. It does make me wonder though, why are racists targeting big guys (Goodes, Buddy, Wallace)? If I was going to be a dick, I wouldn't direct it at someone who could clobber me into the ground like a tent peg. :p

Saw some videos of his ruckwork recently, looks pretty promising. Still hasn't learned to kick yet but ruckman don't really have to kick it much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back