Anthony Biemans

Yeah I reckon his sister has made the move to Adelaide. That and a contract that runs until 2018 should keep him firmly in Port colours until career end.

Good news all around.

And the sister is going out with Anthony Biemans who signed up to play for the Magpies. I was a bit sKeptical of this move - a bit of nepotism unless it was part of the Boak package deal. But then again we call our selfs the family club and nepotism and family values are the same thing aren't they. ;)

But I gotta say reading his bio - that whilst he didn't play VFL his side in the Geelong FL has played in 6 consecutive GFs and won 4 of those GF's.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-for-travis-boak/story-fnii05e5-1226845333365

“It’s been tough for Cassie leaving her mum and a big move but it’s good to have her brother around, and her mum, Chicki, has been over a few times as well.

“For Cass to be with her brother and for Trav to have his little sister here — they’re like best friends and have a great family bond.”

Biemans, 23, and Cassie started dating four years ago after meeting at South Barwon Football and Netball Club.

It was at South Barwon that Biemans, a hard-bodied midfielder/defender, won four Geelong Football League flags, including one last season as captain.

But he wanted to test himself in the SANFL and it just so happened that the Magpies’ program, under his former Geelong Falcons coach Garry Hocking, appealed the most.

“It’s been on my cards for a few years to come over to Adelaide and play footy, even before I met Cass,” says Biemans, who has been named in the Magpies’ leadership group.

“I met with two other clubs but I didn’t feel at home there,” says Biemans, who has been named in the Magpies’ leadership group.

“Buddha’s ability to communicate and still being able to have a joke but get the most out of you as a person and a footballer is second to none.

“For him to give me another opportunity to play the best football I can is great.”

The Magpies have not reached the finals since 2008 but Biemans, who has played in six consecutive premiership deciders, hoped to end that streak this season.

“I don’t like losing and don’t want to lose ever,” he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-for-travis-boak/story-fnii05e5-1226845333365

And the sister is going out with Anthony Biemans who signed up to play for the Magpies. I was a bit sKeptical of this move - a bit of nepotism unless it was part of the Boak package deal. But then again we call our selfs the family club and nepotism and family values are the same thing aren't they. ;)

But I gotta say reading his bio - that whilst he didn't play VFL his side in the Geelong FL has played in 6 consecutive GFs and won 4 of those GF's.

He did play VFL for Geelong.

Biemans joins Port Magpies from Geelong Addy.

According to VFL Player stats he played 10 senior games in 2010 and 4 senior games in 2011. He was part of the Geelong VFL squad. The linked article to the Geelong Addy mentions he played VFL at Geelong.

According to VFL Player stats he played 10 senior games in 2010 and 4 senior games in 2011. He was part of the Geelong VFL squad. The linked article to the Geelong Addy mentions he played VFL at Geelong.

So he must have been a supplementary type player rather than a permanent Geelong reserves contracted player. No dramas. Good that he has played some VFL. As I indicated in my post, after my previous skepticism in December, when I read of his signing back then, the fact he was played in 6 straight GF's won 4 and last year was captain of a flag side in a pretty strong league is bloody impressive stuff as per yesterday's story. Sounds a bit like the Gowan boys history before they got to Centrals. They played in 5 or 6 consecutive GF's in a Geelong footy league and St Kilda reserves before they made the move over to SA.

So he must have been a supplementary type player rather than a permanent Geelong reserves contracted player. No dramas. Good that he has played some VFL. As I indicated in my post, after my previous skepticism in December, when I read of his signing back then, the fact he was played in 6 straight GF's won 4 and last year was captain of a flag side in a pretty strong league is bloody impressive stuff as per yesterday's story. Sounds a bit like the Gowan boys history before they got to Centrals. They played in 5 or 6 consecutive GF's in a Geelong footy league and St Kilda reserves before they made the move over to SA.

He's a big strong body, only guessing but maybe lacks a bit of pace. Be nice if he brought something like the Gowans' winning aura with him!

We should make the Gowans our runners. Seeing as you can only have one runner this year who would know if we were subbing them in and out? And they'd sledge more than Arny. :D

Traveling_Power

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's a big strong body, only guessing but maybe lacks a bit of pace. Be nice if he brought something like the Gowans' winning aura with him!

We should make the Gowans our runners. Seeing as you can only have one runner this year who would know if we were subbing them in and out? And they'd sledge more than Arny. :D

that might be fun to see

Back