Anthony Hudson...

Remove this Banner Ad

Great commentator but I just can't get over how big his head is compared to his puny little body. I'm still not used to it.

Back to his commentary though anyone that says he's biased is just making the lazy connection of he barracks for Geelong so he must be biased when doing their games. Like some have already said listen to his call of the Nick Davis goal in that final.

speaker_1776.jpg

Reminds me of...

et.jpg

lol....without question the best caller on TV and 7 were idiots not to sign him up.

He did have his ears pinned back at one point during the 7 days I think, but yeah he does have a strange look. Loved his call during the Essendon/North game where we came back from 69 points down. He had to deal with 2 spuds in the box that day though (Hutchy and Dougie).

Funny reading all the comments from 6 years ago about how he looked 15, a manchild etc and he still looks exactly the same, he is the Keanu Reeves of the AFL.

I only wish he called more Freo games as he is such a good commentator. After reading through the earlier posts I admit I didn't even realise people found him so loud, I think over-exposure to Dwayne and BT have left me immune to hyperbole, he's positively timid when compared to them

And yet he called the Sydney-Geelong Semi of '05 with such passion, verve and colour you'd think he had money on the Swans.

Exactly. Great call. If that had been an Adelaide goal to snatch a win over Port in a Semi, all you would have heard was Derwayne screaming, 'NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!'

Clinton Grybas and Dennis Commeti are easily the best commentators.

The worst would be Tony Shaw, hes ten times worse than Huddo.
Dennis jumped to shark four or five years ago - his off the cuff comments are as genuine as WWE. Leave Huddo alone - he is great I reckon

Dennis jumped to shark four or five years ago - his off the cuff comments are as genuine as WWE. Leave Huddo alone - he is great I reckon

Errr I think the fact he said Clinton Grybas is one of the best going around dates his post quite well I think, 5-6 years ago Den still had it ;)

Errr I think the fact he said Clinton Grybas is one of the best going around dates his post quite well I think, 5-6 years ago Den still had it ;)

s**t its like the Country Music thread on the Music Board I essentially posted the same thing twelve months apart!

Or his call of the 2008 Grand Final. He may be biased towards his team (aren't we all when it comes to talking footy) but it doesn't come across in his call .... not like many others who just annoy the hell out of me.

2008 was a channel 7 grand final
Unless you are talking about his SEN call, which i have not heard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great commentator. Have to feel sorry for him having to sit next to that dog for 2 weeks.

The Cats have the trifecta. Whateley, Hudson, Ling. We breed greatness. :)

Ling?? You are kidding me! Listening to him and Harley when Geelong are playing is unbearable.

Also how do you breed greatness when Wheatley and Hudson are just supporters? I love Huddo, best caller in the game, Wheatley is alright but I ain't much of a fan.

What's Robbo's beef with him anyway. I'm pretty sure he really doesn't like Huddo for some reason.
hehe..you can tell he doesn't.

I think it's because Huddo puts him in his place in a slightly less jovial way than Gerard. He seems unaware he is being made the fool alot of the time, whereas Huddo makes him aware and he doesn't like it. Is my reading of it.

Either that or he's used to Gerard and doesn't like change..

On the flipside, Huddo does seem to have a bit of little man syndrome going on.

I Hate the little ####'s voice.

Last xmas I picked up my dog from a kennel that she stayed at...I'd rather listen to the sound of those 50 dogs barking at the same time than hear Hudo's footy calling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back