Anti-Australia ABC does it again - Dapto Dogs under threat!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought what I said was pretty clear if you follow the previous posts.
Sorry my mistake - I misread your post, and got you confused with Lebbo73. I'm on your side :)

Don't you see the hypocrisy in all of this? A rabbit is a pest. This is where it should end!
Whether it's a "pest" is irrelevant. It's still cruelty to animals and it's still unlawful. It's that simple, really.

And I laugh at your question. You say it's okay for rabbits, but if it's possums and pigs then there'd be an issue. FMD.

Whether it's a "pest" is irrelevant. It's still cruelty to animals and it's still unlawful. It's that simple, really.

And I laugh at your question. You say it's okay for rabbits, but if it's possums and pigs then there'd be an issue. FMD.
Rabbits are a pest! Don't worry Thrawn, Annastacia Palaszczuk is trying to root the Greyhound Industry in Qld.

Rabbits are a pest! Don't worry Thrawn, Annastacia Palaszczuk is trying to root the Greyhound Industry in Qld.
You can't just magically say something isn't cruel just because you deem the animal a pest, the definition of cruelty doesn't change. It is simply a means for people such as yourself to turn a blind eye to abhorrent behaviour. Merely a weak excuse. A rabbit can suffer just as much as a possum or a pig... hell, some people classify possums as pests too. Doesn't mean s**t in this context.

You can't just magically say something isn't cruel just because you deem the animal a pest, the definition of cruelty doesn't change. It is simply a means for people such as yourself to turn a blind eye to abhorrent behaviour. Merely a weak excuse. A rabbit can suffer just as much as a possum or a pig... hell, some people classify possums as pests too. Doesn't mean s**t in this context.
You're fighting a losing battle Thrawn. You cant fly like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys.

Give up - you will sleep easier that way, rather than being dragged down to their level.

You're fighting a losing battle Thrawn. You cant fly like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys.

Give up - you will sleep easier that way, rather than being dragged down to their level.
Meh, I just want to giggle at the ridiculous, sociopathic arguments they come up with.

There is a difference between myself and you. You believe that industries should be gutted because of minor issues. I believe the issue should be dealt with separately avoiding as much public negativity as possible so as to protect jobs and people's livelihoods. Especially when we are talking about pests and a harmless practice!

There is a difference between myself and you. You believe that industries should be gutted because of minor issues. I believe the issue should be dealt with separately avoiding as much public negativity as possible so as to protect jobs and people's livelihoods. Especially when we are talking about pests and a harmless practice!
Holy moley, now here go the strawman arguments.

I never said the industry should be "gutted", what I'm saying is that this should be taken seriously and the trainers involved be punished by the full extent of the law.

As for jobs and livelihoods, do you think I give a s**t about their jerbs? They can look for another one to pay their large fine imposed by the court, or after spending a short stint in jail. Why should criminal, animal abusing scum have it easy?

We're not talking about pests, we're talking about clear cut animal abuse. And it's not harmless, it's psychopathic... as you can see from their attitudes and behaviour on film. It reflects poorly on us as a society and as human beings to tolerate that crap, pest or otherwise. The real pests are those kind of people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think of those pesky wildlife hippies trying to rid africans of the ivory trade industry?

Jesus christ dude. What they have done is unlawful and banned practises. If thet wanted to protect their jobs maybe they shouldnt of been using banned practises.

What do you think of those pesky wildlife hippies trying to rid africans of the ivory trade industry?

Jesus christ dude. What they have done is unlawful and banned practises. If thet wanted to protect their jobs maybe they shouldnt of been using banned practises.
You aren't talking about a pest. You know nothing about greyhounds. You are off topic!

My experience is that the wives of dentists, cat lovers, depressed zit squeezers, and 1st yr arts/comm students are the ones likely to feel most strongly about this.

The rest of us probably dont care much if all feral animals get electrodes attached to their gonads then periodically lit up with 10,000 Volts.

We do however get another one of those lovely warm fuzzy feelings inside when we pretend to giveashit.

What an archaic point of view, bollox. On the flip side, I think its the bogan, sad, low socio economic no-hopers who don't really give a s**t about the world in general. Its fun to assume, isn't it?

The argument shouldn't be whether the animals are a pest or not. The point is its a barbaric, pointless exercise which inflicts unneeded cruelty. It does not matter if its a wild rabbit, or your pet chihuahua called Fluffy.

I did laugh at the arts student comment though. Kudos for that :)

What an archaic point of view, bollox. On the flip side, I think its the bogan, sad, low socio economic no-hopers who don't really give a s**t about the world in general. Its fun to assume, isn't it?

The argument shouldn't be whether the animals are a pest or not. The point is its a barbaric, pointless exercise which inflicts unneeded cruelty. It does not matter if its a wild rabbit, or your pet chihuahua called Fluffy.

I did laugh at the arts student comment though. Kudos for that :)
It is yes...and i will defend your right to assume anything you like, no matter how insular and stupid it is :p

Of course it matters if they are feral species...we actively sponsor their eradication in the name of other sports and turn a blind eye to it for a good reason.

To pretend using feral animals for sport is anything but progressive conservation is hypocrisy in the extreme. It is more for those that prefer looking at cute cuddly faces than for those that see a need to kill that thing by shooting it in the cute cuddly face.

Of course if i get asked by a hipster doofus tomorrow over a soy latte if i think killing vermin for sport is abhorrent...well naturally i wont deliberately upset him no matter how hypocritical and oh so sensitive he might be. I'm more likely to just sit and chuckle at his 70's hat than ruin his outlook on life. That is simply political correctness hiding the true reaction of the many.
After seeing so many feral animals i simply dont care HOW they die...as long as they do....so i;m perfectly ok if they are sometimes used to train dogs for sport. I'm not exactly alone in that because i care more about our native wildlife than the fickle emotions of humans.

A more progressive conservationist wouldnt put the feelings of humans ahead of the welfare of native species. That is for the selfish hypocritical wanqer who places their own emotions over the welfare of our nations wildlife.

So yeah, it is actually ok not to giveashit at all about this.
Afterall, plenty of the hypocrites amongst us are still coming to grips with how we helped save croc numbers by skinning and eating them. Barbaric souls arnt we :eek:.
Each to their own.

I thought the issue here was that the Govt has no confidence that the greyhound industry is able to self-regulate and prevent the "baiting" practices that were highlighted by Four Corners. That's why it was shut down. It has nothing to do with whether the animal being baited is feral or not.

Of course it matters if they are feral species...we actively sponsor their eradication in the name of other sports and turn a blind eye to it for a good reason.
No, no it does not. But hey, if it makes you feel better.

To pretend using feral animals for sport is anything but progressive conservation is hypocrisy in the extreme.
What you're talking about is tying up a live animal for it to be pulled apart by dogs.

Totes conservation, brah.

No, no it does not. But hey, if it makes you feel better.
Does too.

Hey...you of course realise that a major reasons ye olde cane toad keeps marching across the country is because we are restricted by trying to cull them "humanely". Just another example of human emotions getting in the way of conservation.

You see a TV program on a bunch of farm boys in QLD killing cane toads for sport in some "brutal" manner and you;ll also illicit some immediate responses.
You;ll get a combination of these...

1. SOME that object to seeing bunny rabbits and pigs being used to train dogs will immediately object to how a cane toad dies a miserable inhumane death simply coz a few guys are bored. Horrible barbaric humans.
2. SOME that object to seeing bunny rabbits and pigs being used to train dogs wont give a rats arse about cane toads at all. In fact they'll cheer and say its a good thing. Of course that is despite it being based solely upon appearance of the creature. One is cute and cuddly and the other has warts and looks like Gina Rinehart in the morning. Hypocrisy at its finest.
3. SOME will cheer as long as they dont see it. More your average inner city type greenie that pretends to be sympathetic to our native wildlife, whilst they stroke their pussy cat and help their 2yo feed a lettuce leaf to their bunny rabbit.
4. SOME will object on the grounds of cruelty, whilst they grab the home brand nerve gas spray and deal with the scarey spider that has the balls to try making a living on their window sill.
5. Some will try to make an argument that its ok to bait wild dogs and cats and allow them to die a horrible slow death...but we shouldnt belt a few cane toads around with cricket bats for SPORT. Pretty common outer suburban conservationist this particular one.
etc
etc
What it always boils down to is hypocrisy, based upon nothing more than human emotions. What we cant see doesnt hurt us. If the animal is cute suddenly we care....or if we use them as pets we suddenly cringe.
We think bagging them up so they struggle in their 100's, then gas them with CO2...yeah we think that is somehow more "humane" than simply putting a stick thru them or using them for our entertainment. More worthless contradictory human emotion getting in the way of conservation.

So shoot me if i;m not interested in peoples emotions and what they find to be cruel to the eye. People can find everything cruel when they are taken out of their comfort zone. We are a cruel species by nature...but not nearly as cruel as 95% of species on this earth.

So yeah sport has proven to be a pretty damn good conservation tool....and in many ways it is worth sponsoring.

If you wish to live in a dream world where the treatment of feral animals is no different, then you better not complain about the demise of our native species. That sort of emotive hypocrisy is only useful to get you laid with a hot arts student, or for the sat morning coffee shop pose. It has no actual place in conservation and just gets in the way of progress.

Dont let me near your cat.

When kids torture animals they get sent to a shrink usually, psycho tendencies, and all that. Now we know they grow up to be greyhound trainers. Bollox, your half arsed moralising is just that.
I admit to the following

Stuffing tom thumb crackers into bullants nests and watching them stagger out.
Killing ants with magnifying glasses.
Pulling a hair from my sisters head, then tying it around fly so it buzzed about in circles.\
Ferreting
Shooting
Fishing
Played cricket with cane toads
Shot feral cats
Shot feral foxes
Hit roos with the bull bar...accidentally though.
I even ran over a frilled necked lizard between Noosa and Maroochydore..which nearly made me cry coz lizards are my favorite animals of all.
Killed a snake with a shovel.
Run over several domestic cats coming home from work...the odd obviously drunk possum too.
Tried to trap birds with the old cardboard box and stick thing when i was a kid.
Shot a cat with an air rifle. Maybe it was two i cant remember.
Cornered and belted the crap out of a tom cat with a straw broom that was rooting in the boat every night.
Baited rats in the ceiling. Killed rats in traps.
Killed the odd chook.
Caught and held tadpoles hostage in a bucket.
Hit a swarm of galahs with the car between coonabarabran and gunnedah whilst going to a wedding...which i remember pissing me off coz their beaks scratched the duco.

I dunno...there's probably a lot more i could chronicle and i aint too proud of many, but you get the picture.

I'm probably just your average everyday honest type who doesnt feel a need to be politically correct about this..or pretend i care if feral species get used for sport. The more the merrier isnt such a bad thing to me.

Plus i can honestly say that my shocking torture of those poor defenceless creatures as a child didnt mean i was some sort of psycho.

I;m not a cruel person by nature at all. Last i checked i was no psychopath either.
I simply dont give a s**t how feral animals get culled as long as they do.
I dont see their cute cuddly faces like an inner city greenie might...i just see a target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back