Anti-Australia ABC does it again - Dapto Dogs under threat!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, and I thought Gus sprouted a lot of bullshit. What am I reading here? Deliberately going out of one's way to torture something is "conservation", and that if people are highly critical of particular methods, they are being hypocritical and care about native animals less? That's a level of stupid that hasn't been reached in this thread yet.

Hey...you of course realise that a major reasons ye olde cane toad keeps marching across the country is because we are restricted by trying to cull them "humanely". Just another example of human emotions getting in the way of conservation.
Do you have a source for this claim or any sort of statistics to back this up, or did you just completely make that up in order to justify something you don't care about? People setting toads on fire or poking their eyes out with sticks and letting them slowly die isn't "conservation", it's actions of idiotic sadistic people who have no business killing anything.

We are a cruel species by nature...but not nearly as cruel as 95% of species on this earth.
We don't have to be, and that is the point really. You think we're not as cruel as other animals? Well, take a look of our inglorious history when it comes to torturing and executing people, look at all the ways the human mind has come up with inflicting suffering. Something an animal wouldn't ever fathom, so you're 100% wrong there.

It has no actual place in conservation and just gets in the way of progress.
Right. Saying it's unnecessarily and excessively cruel to let a rabbit be tied up and mauled by a dog, and daring to criticise people for enjoying this act, gets in the way of progress. Maybe you should change your name to "Bollocks".

Sorry matey, nothing personal....but i just dont feel any need to be concerned for the feelings of a few rabbits and pigs.
Far more important things to care about.
Its your right to think of me as some sort of lesser human for not giving a s**t about a rabbits feelings...but i;m sure you have your flaws too.

And out of that list, how many involved going out of your way to make something suffer for personal entertainment or gain, as an adult?

Because really, most of the stuff you have on that list is really irrelevant to what we're talking about. Kids do and will continue to do stupid things, hell when I was little I did stupid things too. When I was five years old I thought it would be a good idea to chase around a bird who couldn't fly, corner it, pretend I was a lion. My mother saw what I was doing, and rescued the bird. I saw the bird in her hands and it was shivering in fright, took it to our next door neighbour who is a wildlife/bird rehabber. The bird didn't make it. Felt like absolute s**t and never did anything like that again. And I got into a lot of trouble too.

So maybe your parents, much like you seem to be, didn't give a s**t about respecting life in general.

Sorry matey, nothing personal....but i just dont feel any need to be concerned for the feelings of a few rabbits and pigs.
Its your right to think of me as some sort of lesser human for not giving a s**t about a rabbits feelings...but i;m sure you have your flaws too.
Do you think I care about that? You can be indifferent all you like. But when people use that to justify cruelty to animals, then it's another thing altogether. You didn't just say "oh I don't care about some rabbits", you used that position to morally justify what these people did (in the name of 'conservation', no less). Nice fallacy of relative privation, btw.

Last edited:

Hey i forgot...i had a genuine fox tail hanging off the sissy bar of my malvern star dragster.

The way i see it, at least i did something for my country ;)...sure beats prioritising the feelings of our poor feral animals ahead of doing something about it.

Kiwi's have the right idea with the possums...skin them and sell them. Maybe they could race them before killing them i dont know...seems a shame to simply make hats and merkins out of them.
Why should we shed a tear for them ? Why should i care if we use rabbits to train greyhounds ?
Who the hell gives a rats arse HOW they die ? Doesnt make us better or more caring human beings....it simpliy appeases those oh so caring souls who like to pretend they have a higher moral ground. Sure beats doing anything about a problem.

I use live bait when i go fishing...we bridle rig them and tow them around the ocean trying to bait bigger fish to eat them.

Best you shed a tear for them as well.

So cruel.

Hey i forgot...i had a genuine fox tail hanging off the sissy bar of my malvern star dragster.

The way i see it, at least i did something for my country
You didn't do anything expect flaunt your vanity.

Kiwi's have the right idea with the possums...skin them and sell them. Maybe they could race them before killing them i dont know...seems a shame to simply make hats and merkins out of them.
Why should we shed a tear for them ? Why should i care if we use rabbits to train greyhounds ?
Killing and not wasting the animal != tying one to a post and laughing as it dies painfully.

Who the hell gives a rats arse HOW they die ? Doesnt make us better or more caring human beings....it simpliy appeases those oh so caring souls who like to pretend they have a higher moral ground. Sure beats doing anything about a problem.
I do. So do many people here, and just about anyone who is a decent person who doesn't like unnecessary cruelty inflicted upon animals. So does the RSCPA and the police who are pressing charges, and the legal system which will hear such a case. By definition caring about such things does make you a more caring person, I don't know how you can say otherwise. Oh, yes I can, because you're just a heartless campaigner.

I use live bait when i go fishing...we bridle rig them and tow them around the ocean trying to bait bigger fish to eat them.

So cruel.
Another false equivalence. It's all you can do, as well as belittle people for daring to care about something "insignificant" as blatant cruelty to animals. You say you're not cruel by nature, but then say "who gives a rats arse HOW they die", which is a very cruel way to view things. And you say it in such a way that you expect more people to be as heartless and indifferent as you are. Well if that's the case, you can * off.

Last edited:
Lordy.
Quite the sensitive type.
Didnt mean to upset you....i promise i'll at least try to become one of those more sensitive compassionate types in the future. Might require some slight behavioural modifications but i dont wish to upset anyone with my reality and normality.

How about next time i go fishing i'll even think about a more humane way to drag his slimey arse around the ocean before i watch him die a slow painful death. If i dont forget this conv 10mins from now i might even raise this horrible issue over a coffee later this afternoon...the world can always use another animal rights activist.

Lordy.
Quite the sensitive type.
Didnt mean to upset you....i promise i'll at least try to become one of those more sensitive compassionate types in the future. Might require some slight behavioural modifications but i dont wish to upset anyone with my reality and normality.

How about next time i go fishing i'll even think about a more humane way to drag his slimey arse around the ocean before i watch him die a slow painful death. If i dont forget this conv 10mins from now i might even raise this horrible issue over a coffee later this afternoon...the world can always use another animal rights activist.
Why would you assume I'm upset? Your false equivalences and defending the indefensible are outright hilarious. Tell you what Bollocks, have that expensive elephant dung coffee, would definitely suit your type. :)

The way i see it, at least i did something for my country ;)...sure beats prioritising the feelings of our poor feral animals ahead of doing something about it.

So cruel.
How ever you try and spin this, the fact is that live baiting of greyhounds is illegal in NSW. The industry itself has to clean up it's act before it's going to have a future in this state.

Thanks, and I do.

It says a lot about you.

Thanks, and I do.

It says a lot about you.
Nah, we're just some inner suburb greenie soy latte sippers, whatever the fug that means. Apparently country folk don't hold similar ideals according to him, which is odd because I'd assume someone who has more interaction with animals would be able to actually appreciate animal welfare. o_O

Btw Bollocks, I don't like coffee... maybe you should open your own coffee shop if you like them so much. It'll be more productive than posting here justifying cruelty to animals.

I admit to the following

Stuffing tom thumb crackers into bullants nests and watching them stagger out.
Killing ants with magnifying glasses.
Pulling a hair from my sisters head, then tying it around fly so it buzzed about in circles.\
Ferreting
Shooting
Fishing
Played cricket with cane toads
Shot feral cats
Shot feral foxes
Hit roos with the bull bar...accidentally though.
I even ran over a frilled necked lizard between Noosa and Maroochydore..which nearly made me cry coz lizards are my favorite animals of all.
Killed a snake with a shovel.
Run over several domestic cats coming home from work...the odd obviously drunk possum too.
Tried to trap birds with the old cardboard box and stick thing when i was a kid.
Shot a cat with an air rifle. Maybe it was two i cant remember.
Cornered and belted the crap out of a tom cat with a straw broom that was rooting in the boat every night.
Baited rats in the ceiling. Killed rats in traps.
Killed the odd chook.
Caught and held tadpoles hostage in a bucket.
Hit a swarm of galahs with the car between coonabarabran and gunnedah whilst going to a wedding...which i remember pissing me off coz their beaks scratched the duco.

I dunno...there's probably a lot more i could chronicle and i aint too proud of many, but you get the picture.

I'm probably just your average everyday honest type who doesnt feel a need to be politically correct about this..or pretend i care if feral species get used for sport. The more the merrier isnt such a bad thing to me.

Plus i can honestly say that my shocking torture of those poor defenceless creatures as a child didnt mean i was some sort of psycho.

I;m not a cruel person by nature at all. Last i checked i was no psychopath either.
I simply dont give a s**t how feral animals get culled as long as they do.
I dont see their cute cuddly faces like an inner city greenie might...i just see a target.
Yes you are.

Yes you are.
Nahh i;m not.
Unlike you i actually care about our wildlife.
Pigs and Rabbits are not part of that...so perfectly happy to see them destroyed in any way shape or fashion.

Where do you stand on the rabbit calicivirus ? Horrible haemorrhagic death that can even infect bugs the backyard bunnie as well. Any problem with it ?
They use it in Sydney and across Tassie these days, probably everywhere i dont know.
Do you think that is cruel ? Yes or No ? Is it because you never see it that it becomes ok to be that cruel to rabbits ?

If you dont like feral pigs and rabbits suffering where do you stand on rat poison ?...or is it just the furry cute cuddly type of vermin you think we shouldnt be cruel to ?
Deliberately feeding glass shards and poisons to rats where they die a slow and horrific painful death. Cruel ? If so, what is your proposal to kill rats ?
How about the baiting of wild dogs in national parks ?...another horrible slow painful death. But legal of course, and you turn a blind eye to that as well i suppose.

Maybe if you just turned those sensitive eyes away from the television when you get exposed to this horrible disturbing awful stuff...maybe then the rest of the country might see better progress on native species numbers.

So no..i;m not cruel at all. I care a great deal about our wildlife.

But these animals arnt wildlife...they are a certified pest and so i have no problem with using them for eating, shooting or even training for greyhounds.

On a scale from 1 to 10, pigs and rabbits rate below zero on the pitymeter.

I dont blame you though...animal welfare activists are amongst the greatest hypocrites on earth. High proportion own cats for starters...and most live in cities where they only get exposed to the cute and cuddly side of the story....some never seem to grow up and lose that teenage girl pony love type mentality.

I say
Shoot em, Skin em Eat em.
If you dont feel like eating them...feed them to greyhounds if you so choose. You'd be doing our wildlife a favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn unfortunate you think that...what i'll do is cry myself to sleep tonight because i simply dont care how feral species die.

When you grow up on the land you become somewhat desensitised to the plight of vermin ....and dont care about the feelings of the stereotypical eternally outraged electronic city greenie type on BigFooty that likes to pretend they are somehow moral high borns.

If it is illegal they will get prosecuted....dont expect me to somehow pretend i care HOW the feral animals died though. All i care about is the end result.

Do you think those who lived here 1000 years ago would refrain from pulling one wing off a bird, then tie it to a stake near a waterhole in the hope it attracted others ? Cruel bastards those aboriginals....no new age moral standards at all.
The very notion of giving a s**t about an animals feelings is a social luxury...it has nothing to do with nature...simply contrived emotion resulting from easy living and convenience. It is actually UNNATURAL to care...its just another byproduct of cramming millions of people into a confined area...we end up with people giving a s**t about idiotic s**t that doesnt matter.

I understand the coffee shop politics of it all...i am MEANT to care. You MUST care....or somehow act passionate about s**t you dont really care about at all.
If it doesnt worry me that some rabbits and pigs are fed to dogs then i MUST be some sort of animal hater or heartless being. It doesnt conform to someones new age stereotypical moral code. Those that want to feel somehow superior often get upset with this type of reality...or when confronted with people who simply dont give a s**t about what they care about. It baffles and shits them to tears how anyone can NOT care about their judgemental little moral codes.

I'm just one of those poor downtrodden animal lovers who doesnt let idiotic human emotion get in the way of sensible and progressive conservation of our wildlife. If these greyhound trainers did something "illegal" they will be prosecuted...i'm ok with that, but dont expect ,e or everyone to actually care about the plight of the pigs and rabbits in this country nor the way they die. Thats just worthless emotional baggage by those who strive to feel morally superior. That is their own problem not mine or others.

Putting a litter of cute fluffy kittens into a hession sack and throwing them into the dam must seem horrendous to many. That is simply humane to me. It is only the conservation of our wildlife that concerns me...regardless of how many city twits shed a tear into their latte about feelings. Sure beats allowing them to live.

Should i conform by hating on killer whales for being so cruel ? They're smart but such "cruel" bastards ....biting the fins and limbs off prey they dont intend eating, then toying with it and letting it suffer with those cute little seal eyes crying away as they flop about on the surface in absolute agony....oh god i hate those pricks for not caring how seals die !! Lets not discuss the carnage that dolphins inflict...those $#$#%'s are just plain mean when bored. They must be so damn stupid for not having our strict city slicker moral code to conform to.

My grandfather once told me as a kid he snared cats to skin and sell as pelts for coats. They didnt have our relative luxuries. Beautiful man who i can assure you doesnt need to be labelled a psycopath by the judgemental moralist that loves to judge everyone on s**t like whether the cats suffered or not.

In a world where the same animal lovers gladly let our elderly die often painful slow deaths in the name of their little religious tokens...yeah maybe i'm not such a nutter for not giving a s**t about a rabbits feelings.

Nothing, nothing at all you wrote there even remotely justifies support for the torture of small animals.

It's all dribble. You just spent hours writing it (badly) and it's all dribble.

I need you to understand this because I write a lot of things on BF I don't believe to get a rise out of people. This I truly mean:

You are an awful person.

Dont cry champ.
I'm only one of millions that simply dont giveashit, but pretend to in public just so your sensitive feelings arnt hurt.

I hear they still torture live crabs in Chinese restaurants...and some "awful" parents still allow their kids to torture goldfish in small bowls.

Anyone with birds in a cage can stop right now....supermoralman is here to judge and label you so that he can have another warm fuzzy moment.

How about you give me a ruling on Carp please.
I'd like to go fishing but i'm forced to torture Carp by leaving them on the riverbank...poor bloody things flopping around gasping for breath. Its illegal NOT to be cruel to them.

Its all just so damn confusing for an awful subhuman like me....some introduced species it is illegal to be "cruel" to, and yet others it is illegal not to be cruel.

Just as well i have supermoralman here to judge and protect me.

I put carp out of their misery, and don't leave them gasping for air.

Its called welfare for a living/feeling creature.
Too late.
You dragged the poor bloody thing by the mouth with a steel hook for a few minutes.
It fought for its life and you smiled whilst doing it.
You were meant to dispose of the carp humanely, not subject it to torture beforehand.

Glass shards? Who the hell would even bother with that? Did I step into Oz or something...

Do you even know how anticoagulants actually work Bollocks? The worst of the symptoms are akin to a moderate case of stomach flu: stomach pains, distended abdomen, sore joints. Not things you would experience for fun, but not the prolonged torture you describe it as either. Death, when it comes, is quite rapid, being caused by shock which kills within minutes.

And before you ask, yes, it is still cruel. And I'm sure people wouldn't do it if there was a viable way to control such animals. I'm happy to say I never used such poisons. However, you are drawing on an incredibly false equivalence when comparing that to what we're talking about in the thread.

No one's asking you to care about how feral animals get killed, it's the fact you're condoning torturing them that makes you a lowlife.

The very notion of giving a s**t about an animals feelings is a social luxury...it has nothing to do with nature...simply contrived emotion resulting from easy living and convenience. It is actually UNNATURAL to care...its just another byproduct of cramming millions of people into a confined area...we end up with people giving a s**t about idiotic s**t that doesnt matter.
The regards for an animal's welfare has been around since antiquity. Pythagoras was one person of note who urged people to have respect for animals. This idea has been around for thousands of years, well before social luxuries were the norm. Saying it's unnatural (at least for humans) simply demonstrates how far removed you are as a human being. Thankfully most of us here have evolved past base instincts and needs, I'm not sure about you because you seem to enjoy dragging those knuckles on the floor.

Its all just so damn confusing for an awful subhuman like me....some introduced species it is illegal to be "cruel" to, and yet others it is illegal not to be cruel.
When you need the law to determine what is the right and wrong thing to do, it's hardly surprising you are confused.

It's much more straightforward for those of us with a conscience and who operate with ethics and decency.

Glass shards? Who the hell would even bother with that? Did I step into Oz or something...

Do you even know how anticoagulants actually work Bollocks? The worst of the symptoms are akin to a moderate case of stomach flu: stomach pains, distended abdomen, sore joints. Not things you would experience for fun, but not the prolonged torture you describe it as either. Death, when it comes, is quite rapid, being caused by shock which kills within minutes.

And before you ask, yes, it is still cruel. And I'm sure people wouldn't do it if there was a viable way to control such animals. I'm happy to say I never used such poisons. However, you are drawing on an incredibly false equivalence when comparing that to what we're talking about in the thread.

No one's asking you to care about how feral animals get killed, it's the fact you're condoning torturing them that makes you a lowlife.

The regards for an animal's welfare has been around since antiquity. Pythagoras was one person of note who urged people to have respect for animals. This idea has been around for thousands of years, well before social luxuries were the norm. Saying it's unnatural (at least for humans) simply demonstrates how far removed you are as a human being. Thankfully most of us here have evolved past base instincts and needs, I'm not sure about you because you seem to enjoy dragging those knuckles on the floor.
Please fight a cause that is worthwhile. This is trivial stuff that does nothing for anyone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back