Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

Just focussing on death rates is simplistic and one dimensional, it does not take into account impacts on quality of life as a direct result of the disease, cost to the health system and individuals etc

The majority of people that catch preventable diseases don't actually die from them, that is not to say the negative impact is not significant.

And in regards to parents that smoke, it is now illegal to smoke in a car with a child in the vehicle, but I guess it is pretty damn hard to police what people do in their own homes behind closed doors, but education in this space has achieved a lot IMO.

So I've seen articles from Natural News pop up a bit lately and decided to have a look for myself. Reading through the Facebook page was torturous, the amount of people that act as if internet memes are evidence and blindly follow anti-vacc rhetoric is staggering. Regardless, a couple of days ago I came across a Natural News article evaluating a vaccine article from the New England Journal of Medicine, a highly regarded journal. Compare the pair:

Natural News - "97% of children affected by 2009 mumps outbreak were vaccinated for condition"
http://www.naturalnews.com/038554_mumps_outbreaks_vaccinations_children.html

NEJM - Mumps outbreak on Orthodox Jewish communities in the United States
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1202865

Certainly looks like cherry picking as the outbreak is confined predominantly to the Jewish Schools. (1st Article looking to denigrate vaccination) They also draw a conclusion that the vaccination increased the likelihood of infection by quoting that 89% had received 2 doses and 8% only of the infected cases had received a single dose. They then suggest that the 2 doses made them more vulnerable. However no evidence is produced on what level of overall vaccination had occurred in the at risk group.

The second article talks of complications for those affected and these complication (7% of the infected cases) were predominantly from unvaccinated cases.

Fairly strong evidence that the vaccination provides a significant benefit on my reading.

Last edited:

See this video from 2:40 which discusses autism and vaccines. Very clearly articulates vaccines don't cause autism. Personally, all this anti-vaccine crap has detracted resources from actually finding out what causes autism and preventing/curing it.

If you follow through the video, it will show that autism markers can be seen in babies (see 11:48) way before they go through most of the vaccine cycle. I do agree personally, that vaccines can be delayed, e.g. injections given to newborns in the hospitals just to reduce the cost of a 2nd trip to the hospital later.

PS - I have 2 boys - one is mildly autistic and the other one is completely normal brat.

The causes seem very complex, eh.

My best mate has 3 autistic kids of varying degree.

He and I travelled together for about 8 years and took a lot of disco drugs during that time so I don't know if that was contributing factor. He also choofed for about 25 years as well.

Don't know if the drugs contributed but it seems a little strange that all his kids developed autism. His wife has a kid from a previous marriage that is normal.

He and I travelled together for about 8 years and took a lot of disco drugs during that time so I don't know if that was contributing factor. He also choofed for about 25 years as well.

Don't know if the drugs contributed but it seems a little strange that all his kids developed autism. His wife has a kid from a previous marriage that is normal.
Having three children with the same woman and all of them having degrees of autism isn't strange at all. It's pretty ******* unlucky, but it is a clear example of genetics being the source of the issue. The combined genes of your mate and his partner produce an offspring with a high chance of autism disorder. Unrucky.

Mate - I don't drink beyond a social drink or smoke and was 100% vegetarian. Never had drugs. Yet, the first one is mildly autistic.

The second one though is 100% normal. We never even had to even think about getting him tested; he's that normal.

The only difference I made between the two was that I went on a health kick, started eating eggs, cut down on carbs and started having proteins + exercise. Less bread and milk as well.

Is there a link though? I don't know. A lot of people have really bad lifestyles but have completely normal kids. Who knows if it is genetic or just a gene expression issue in certain circumstances.

This is why we need more research into causes. Autism's gone from 1/200 to 1/55 per birth in Australia. Using threat of autism to continually bleat a thoroughly disproven theory on vaccines detratcts from finding the real cause and treatments.

Last edited:
This is why we need more research into causes. Autism's gone from 1/200 to 1/55 per birth in Australia. Using threat of autism to continually bleat a thoroughly disproven theory on vaccines detratcts from finding the real cause and treatments.
giphy.gif

My daughter has been vaccinated and I would never consider jeopardising her life by not doing it. Plus, it's the responsible thing from society's point of view - if I didn't bother to get her vaccinated, she could serve as a carrier of mutated strains and infect others.

That increase is mainly down to better awareness I imagine. In the past they would have been the slightly odd kid but never diagnosed.

The growing school of thought of the increase is not about vaccines but rather to do with the crap people are eating and the impact that these chemicals have on the male sperm and female ova.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am genuinely surprised to come back here and not find some anti-vaxxer sprouting on about the Zika virus being a conspiracy between Govt and big Pharma.

I'm disappointed I thought it would be going off in here.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back