Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is matera worth losing a newman. This years one of the worst drafts in recent seasons and matera is tipped either go really late or be completely miss it. Its seems like we might just draft him because of his famous name. Newman on the other hand is high draft pick who seemed to be good and looked better in the senior side than mcginnity. Newman deserved atleast 1 more season on the rookie list.

Is matera worth losing a newman. This years one of the worst drafts in recent seasons and matera is tipped either go really late or be completely miss it. Its seems like we might just draft him because of his famous name. Newman on the other hand is high draft pick who seemed to be good and looked better in the senior side than mcginnity. Newman deserved atleast 1 more season on the rookie list.
Newman averaged 12 disposals in the WAFL
Say what you want about McGinnity or Lucas, but they are both better than Newman

Last edited:
Boom. For all the Waterman Watch talk, his career is just about cooked before it began, barring something miraculous next year.

With Jordan Matera a 50/50 chance at best to get drafted, the pressure now turns to Jake Waterman to basically become a sick campaigner.
Well Alec became a sick campaigner and that hasn't worked out so good

Either Matera told the eagles he doesn't want to play for them or he really is talentless, which is unlikely. Very odd by the WCE.

Either Matera told the eagles he doesn't want to play for them or he really is talentless, which is unlikely. Very odd by the WCE.
im going for the talentless part.
All year his been touted as a late or rookie selection. In a weak draft thats not what u want to hear.

So, all this list space for Crowley. Now it's clear.

(may or may not have been reading garbage on the AFL site......... Ok I did, blame them)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im going for the talentless part.
All year his been touted as a late or rookie selection. In a weak draft thats not what u want to hear.

Agree. Probably need 2-3 years in the VFL to show his worth and that he actually has talent before he gets a shot at the AFL.

Agree. Probably need 2-3 years in the VFL to show his worth and that he actually has talent before he gets a shot at the AFL.
could even be next year. his had an injury so he could line up for vic metro as a top ager and could stand out and be up for the draft.

In case he has a breakout year, would rather pick him up this year as a rookie and see how he goes in the WAFL.
not really, he could just be an average player. we could be pick up a better player or pick up one of our delisted players. shouldnt get matera on his name.

As much as I hate getting suckered into Newman debates, this is such a bad analysis I actually laughed.
Both McGinnity and Lucas have shown more than Newman at WAFL level this year
I'm not saying that McGinnity and Lucas should be in our best 22 (in fact it would be a concern if they were) but they provide a bit more reliable depth than Newman
I would agree that Newman had way more scope than those two (what we see from Lucas and McGinnity is all we are going to get) but after 4 years on a list, you'd want to have a bit more than "scope" to argue your spot on the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back