Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea if Waterman will play seniors in the back half of this year? If he is recovering from injury it'd be nice to see him fully fit and getting a crack in there. I don't think there's anything more to be learned from him playing Colts.

The less he is on show the better :). But seriously he he has shown enough to warrant a pickup from WCE and looks like we could get him with a 2nd round pick so it would best he gets his body 100% fit for next year so he gets a head start for pre-season.

The less he is on show the better :). But seriously he he has shown enough to warrant a pickup from WCE and looks like we could get him with a 2nd round pick so it would best he gets his body 100% fit for next year so he gets a head start for pre-season.
I'm not to worried, given where we sit on the ladder and chance we may fall lower by season end, i think there's little chance we'll be using our first rounder on him regardless. Would still like to see a few games against the men though.

Thanks for updates INSANE

Though i wonder where Jake is playing because he can play anywhere at the moment. Nice too hear they're both performing well.

Listed at 185cm at the moment.

Get the feeling Sumich is more like 188 or something like that.

How does F/S bidding work for 2 players in the same draft? Can we take both or do we just get a crack at one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't. For starters he's too old, but he has an ankle injury as well.

Seems to be a little injury prone. Nothing alarming at his age. Missed the U16's last year because of it.

Wonder how much these things will effect his value next year?

Seems to be a little injury prone. Nothing alarming at his age. Missed the U16's last year because of it.

8th round rookie pick at best ;)

Yeah, I'm curious as to where he ranks in his group. He can play. You could mistake him for a Menzel, looks, style............injuries.

May be an injury prone kind of player. In the one game I thought he ripped his hammy, did his knee and got concussed.

Yeah, I'm curious as to where he ranks in his group. He can play. You could mistake him for a Menzel, looks, style............injuries.

May be an injury prone kind of player. In the one game I thought he ripped his hammy, did his knee and got concussed.
Robben or Neymar style?

For what it's worth, Mark Duffield on the ABC this morning thought Waterman would go in the third round as a F/S, saying he would be an absolute bargain for us.

Possible. Especially if we drop a place or two on the ladder.

Interesting that Alec played Colts today while Ryan Lim and Jared Hardisty (who was apparently was close to BOG) were both elevated to play Reserves. ROYAL EAGLE Any reason why?

I have heard he has groin problems and they are trying to manage him.

Could be OP, god I hope its not as we don't have a good record of player recovering quickly from it.

Was hoping we might snag Hardisty with a late round pick. Guess that's looking less likely.

Likewise, though i'm not sure Hardisty is shaping to go in the first two rounds just yet. Waterman and Hardisty have naturally good awareness of each other on the field, and Waterman isn't really a down a dirty grunt midfielder like Hardisty and you need those types.

Similarly Barrass and Powell seek each other out as they played defese in tandem at Claremont and showed tendency for sharing the ball down at East Perth as well.

I have heard he has groin problems and they are trying to manage him.

Could be OP, god I hope its not as we don't have a good record of player recovering quickly from it.

Another poster on here suggested Waterman has been bought and paid for already and isn't likely to strain himself for the rest of the season, which could in part be injury related or could just be intelligent player/ list management for 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back