Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

priddis like performance = everyone else is hopeless on the team and he is the only one to try hard enough to actually get the ball while others look aimlessly and day dream?

You sook in every thread about Matt. You're like the opposite of Smotie.

A fair portion of people do not rate him at all, just deal with it and move on.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
I for one hope he can find the ball in packs like Priddis does.

Has similar running patterns to Priddis, Alec lumbers around the ground but gets to the right spots like Priddis. In fact Priddis is probably the perfect player for him to learn from given his lower body mass will always ensure his speed around the ground will be limited, at the highest level the play moves quicker which means you need to move to different areas to get on the end of the pill.

I hope he can with AFL conditioning improve his repeat sprints, not that i expect him to lose weight rather just maintain his current weight while dropping any excess skin folds and improving his efficiency.

Galileo9

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Arsenal, 49ers
You sook in every thread about it Matt. You're like the opposite of Smotie.

A fare portion of people do not rate him at all, just deal with it and move on.

you sook in all threads that you follow me around.

maybe you should deal with the fact that alot more people rate him, INCLUDING 2 COACHES and COMMENTATORS WHO PLAYED FOOTBALL.

think about that.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
I value your judgement. Is watermans pace a worry? Sheed, Priddis, Hutchings, last thing we need is another player of this mould. Has he got a bit race horse in him?

Around the ground he's like Priddis, burst speed is substantially better. Can break lines unlike Priddis.

Priddis is old, Hutchings isn't a long term option and Sheed isn't what I'd call slow. Not really a long term issue adding Alec.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Around the ground he's like Priddis, burst speed is substantially better. Can break lines unlike Priddis.

Priddis is old, Hutchings isn't a long term option and Sheed isn't slow. Not really a long term issue adding Alec.

Just as long as he can make a positive difference in any way to our midfield I would take him in a heartbeat.

Jul 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
none
you sook in all threads that you follow me around.

maybe you should deal with the fact that alot more people rate him, INCLUDING 2 COACHES and COMMENTATORS WHO PLAYED FOOTBALL.

think about that.
And these experts (especially at the club) have really turned WCE into a Powerhouse haven't they?

Galileo9

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Arsenal, 49ers
We are all talking about the Elephant in the room, Ploddus.

Hardly an elephant, we talk about it all the time.

As long as waterman has pace like Mitchell from hawks, that will make ppl happy. After all he isn't fast but does ok I think.

Hodge isn't exactly known for his pace either.

Alec Waterman v East Fremantle in the wet. At the moment the show grounds better resemble a lake.

30 Disposals, 23 Kicks, 7 Hand passes, 5 Marks, 3 Tackles, 1 Hit Out, 5 inside 50's, 1.1 Goals, 121 DT points

Didn't Waterman get the memo.... to dog the remainder of the season?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

bodazoka

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2008
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Has similar running patterns to Priddis, Alec lumbers around the ground but gets to the right spots like Priddis. In fact Priddis is probably the perfect player for him to learn from given his lower body mass will always ensure his speed around the ground will be limited, at the highest level the play moves quicker which means you need to move to different areas to get on the end of the pill.

I hope he can with AFL conditioning improve his repeat sprints, not that i expect him to lose weight rather just maintain his current weight while dropping any excess skin folds and improving his efficiency.

Does he have any ability to open up the play on the inside? like a Pendles/Mitchell can with a side step or fake? (aka swervability). Slippery or having great vision and hands like Kerr used to (Naita does sometimes) would help negate that lack of pace. Or is he more like Priddis and lacks a little composure even though he gets the ball better than anyone else?

EaglesVille

All Australian
Oct 3, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Does he have any ability to open up the play on the inside? like a Pendles/Mitchell can with a side step or fake? (aka swervability). Slippery or having great vision and hands like Kerr used to (Naita does sometimes) would help negate that lack of pace. Or is he more like Priddis and lacks a little composure even though he gets the ball better than anyone else?
Pick 28 - West Coast: Alec Waterman - F/S (WA, MID)
183cm, 89kg, 19/8/96
Range: WCE 2nd/3rd
Style: Lenny Hayes/David Mundy
Waterman's one of my favourite players in the crop. The parts haven't come together completely yet but they're definitely there. He's an inside midfielder who also possesses a really handy kick and brilliant core strength. In congestion he just goes where he wants and cannot be stopped or buffeted off the ball. Over the ball and when picking up he ingrains himself to the ground and normally picks up cleanly. Despite such bulk and strength on the burst Waterman is excellent with his breakaway speed a highlight. That said he doesn't have much top speed and is a bit of a plodder on the outside. The difference between Waterman and some of the other inside mids in the draft is that he's able to create space on the outside. Instead of being limited to lateral and backwards options when in possession on the inside due to athletic shortcomings, Waterman is able to create space and effectively dispose of the ball forward instead of disposing with no territory gain or blindly kicking forward. That said if there's an effective lateral disposal to be had Waterman takes it, and given his high work rate he also uses his burst to find more space to present another option for the ball carrier and as such is able to accumulate numerous disposals in the one passage of play. 1 on 1 his marking is excellent with his read of the ball and play as well as his unquestionable strength able to secure him far more wins than losses against other midfielders. As aforementioned his footskills for an inside mid are terrific.

copied from http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/skipposs-2014-phantom-draft.1070460/ also contains tube
highlights

Back