Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Went into the season a top 20 prospect and one of the top midfielders, and the fundamentals haven't really changed IMO. He's added weight to his frame and slowed up a little, but his clearance game is better.

Paige comments on his kicking and goal kicking aren't founded. Has elite DE for an inside mid.

Classy footballer, won't be an instant prospect at AFL but has enough to survive at that level.

I can see a few who elevated themselves above him and more athletic types when might garner more upside but that still leaves him a top 40 prospect and quite comfortably.

Some of the players being talked about as better than him aren't, so I'm not surprised if people are selling him and selling him short.

I agree with you, oh well, it's our gain. Nice to have him hiding away a bit dropping down the pecking order.

My old man is friends with a recruiter who said Waterman would make a good Wafl player, but him and other recruiters are not convinced he will be able to keep up to the pace of an AFL game,

Yep. I wouldn't be spending a 2nd round pick on him and if forced to I would pass. There will be plenty of more talented players available.

My old man is friends with a recruiter who said Waterman would make a good Wafl player, but him and other recruiters are not convinced he will be able to keep up to the pace of an AFL game,

That's fair enough, recruiter from which team and state (presume WA)?

Waterman has been hidden away in the colts presumably on the Eagles instructions. Not playing at the top level of WAFL may have short term impact but I wouldn't be concerned long term.

I was talking to a highly rated Geelong recruiter at the WA v VC game at Simonds and he rates Alec highly.

Doubt any of you or your contacts can top the talent spotting skills of this guy.

I was talking to a highly rated Geelong recruiter at the WA v VC game at Simonds and he rates Alec highly.

Doubt any of you or your contacts can top the talent spotting skills of this guy.

He has talent but he also has obvious limitations. Given the state of our list and where our gameplan is heading, he is not really the type of player we are in desperate need of. It would be nice to have a F/S pick though.

My dad could beat your dad up.

So geelong will put a offer in ?
Wouldn't have a clue. Geelong do go for natural footballers though and aren't afraid to take players earlier than most expected (Thurlow, Menzel, Lang, Taylor, Guthrie, Mackie etc). Also aren't afraid to take players who some think had 'limited upside' or athletic ability or 'reached their ceiling' (Christensen, Kersten, Horlin-Smith, Schroder etc).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope that wasn't the game against VC where he had 5 disposals at 40 % ?

My dad is 70, a novelist of no real note and a piss head. At least I'm telling the Truth!
Speaking to or knowing a recruiter isn't really a hard thing to do or believe I wouldn't have thought. It's not like anyone is saying they have contacts at the White House or Vatican.

Especially living in a place like Geelong. My old coach is now the Falcons coach and I see Mick Turner at the cafe I go to almost daily.

Speaking to or knowing a recruiter isn't really a hard thing to do or believe I wouldn't have thought. It's not like anyone is saying they have contacts at the White House or Vatican.

Anyone can be a recruiter, Been a good one is a different story, Like most things said on this Forum take it with a grain of salt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back