Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Darcy Moore at pick 8 is steep.

Magpies hand was forced after the Bulldogs bid for him. Realistically he was always going to cost a first rounder because the Saints, Bulldogs and Blues would have bid for him. They're all chasing tall players early.

On Waterman I'm stoked that he will only cost us a later draft pick. Steals for us in my opinion

Merry Christmas everyone. :rainbow::thumbsu:

Does Alec's pick fall before or after the one we use to upgrade Sinclair?
After I believe. It will be the last pick we use, regardless of what that's used for. The more people we delist, the further back Waterman's eventual pick will be.

Yes it matters, especially if we end up trading Sinclair.

If we trade Sinclair we still use our last live pick on Waterman regardless? :confused:

FWIW I think the rookie elevations come after the draft picks, so if we didn't trade Sinclair it would be Waterman and then Sinclair with whatever our last 2 picks are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Sinclair with our last and Waterman with the pick before that means we only have 2 live selections? Our third is #48.. still a relatively high pick would be a waste not to use it. I think we should aim hard at getting an earlier third round and if we do look at another de-listing.

So Sinclair with our last and Waterman with the pick before that means we only have 2 live selections? Our third is #48.. still a relatively high pick would be a waste not to use it. I think we should aim hard at getting an earlier third round and if we do look at another de-listing.

Almost certain we'll delist another player, perhaps another 2. I suspect we've held off due to Sinclair and other trade options like Varcoe.

Delisted four players so far , Wilson may be delisted and re-rookie'd and Carter may be traded or kept untill after trade period . meaning WCE could have delisted six players meaning Waterman about pick 100 .

other trade options like Varcoe.

meh.gif

b027_bush_mission_accomplished_2050081722-7750.jpg

Well done everyone...now it's time to lift the lid on this thing!

Alec Waterman = G.O.A.T!!!!! :D

So right now he will cost us our third, but if we trade Sinclair/delist an extra one or two it will slip to our fourth or fifth pick...correct?

So ATM Waterman is our 3rd round selection and Sinclair our 4th. Can we still trade Sinclair directly from the rookie list without elevating him as the recent rookie rule change suggests? If so Waterman would be our 4th round selection and our 3rd would still be in play. Would that be correct?

So ATM Waterman is our 3rd round selection and Sinclair our 4th. Can we still trade Sinclair directly from the rookie list without elevating him as the recent rookie rule change suggests? If so Waterman would be our 4th round selection and our 3rd would still be in play. Would that be correct?

Sinclair can still be traded as a rookie as long as that team puts him on the senior list for next year. I would be happy to trade him if it meant we got 2 2nd round picks.

Correct, we still have Carter/Wilson/Tunbridge yet to be signed for next year so we may yet swing the axe some more and free up a few more draft picks.

This also isn't taking into account any players we trade out either.

Well done to the WCE staff on playing the long game well! Congrats Alec on joining the WCE! Absolutely stoked with this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back