Opinion OFFICIAL: Josh Walker traded for Brisbane's 2016 3rd Rd pick (Jansen = steak knives)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
21 Year old 196cm/99kg and growing local boy with ties to the Cats who played out of positions last year when our ruck devision was decimated,this year he has been given two and a half games at CHF with Vardy out for the year and has returned 6 goals, not to shoddy in my book for a kid thats had 13 games total.I understand people want to see Kersten me to and they need to make room to have a look at him but at the expense of Walker?

Wouldn't mind Walker playing the rest of the year, but don't think Scott is particularly enamoured of him. As you say, he's returned pretty decent stats this year for a guy who's played 13 games. Cops a lot of criticism but relative to the numbers it's mostly unwarranted.

Would be happy to see him AND Kersten in the team at some stage.

AS much as im a Kersten fan Id be happy seeing Walks go again. Just keep pumping games into him.

And CS does not seem overly rushed to get Kersto out there...

Go Catters

Wouldn't mind Walker playing the rest of the year, but don't think Scott is particularly enamoured of him. As you say, he's returned pretty decent stats this year for a guy who's played 13 games. Cops a lot of criticism but relative to the numbers it's mostly unwarranted.

Would be happy to see him AND Kersten in the team at some stage.

There is a very clear distinction with our potential key forwards. It's very cool to like Vardy and Kersten. It's not cool at all to like Brown and Walker. Output doesn't matter either, as 6 goals in 3 games is more than a pass mark for Walker. I'm hoping he does stay in but we'll have to wait and see.

21 Year old 196cm/99kg and growing local boy with ties to the Cats who played out of positions last year when our ruck devision was decimated,this year he has been given two and a half games at CHF with Vardy out for the year and has returned 6 goals, not to shoddy in my book for a kid thats had 13 games total.I understand people want to see Kersten me to and they need to make room to have a look at him but at the expense of Walker?

Don't see why Hawkins,Walker & Kersten couldn't play together.Kersten could be a forward pocket as he's very quick and mobile.
Hawkins,Walker & McIntosh in the same forward line wouldn't work.

Good game from the guy who comes from north where Bundy is from.....ain't that right Dermie ?

There's plenty of love here, Josh seems tot be doing all that is asked of him.

Like others I would like to see us try a forward line containing all of TH, Him, and Kersten at some stage. Would probably can't do it with Jimmy down forward too though.

My hope is that we will see all three together at some stage this season, Just don't think it will be next week. If Kersten plays it will be at the expense of Walker.

I thought he was fine yesterday. Said so in the autopsy.

Wasn't a standout but did his job as a 2nd tall as far as I was concerned.

Kicked 3 straight which most people would have taken at the start of play.

Likely to be dumped for Kersten this week. :D

Whatever he has done over the past 2 weeks I'm not so sure. But Hawkins has looked the best he's looked in ages. I don't think it's coincidence.
So I reckon he has to stay in, even if Kersten comes in.

With regards to him being local and having ties to the cats. Zero care factor.

Don't see why Hawkins,Walker & Kersten couldn't play together.Kersten could be a forward pocket as he's very quick and mobile.
Hawkins,Walker & McIntosh in the same forward line wouldn't work.

Good game from the guy who comes from north where Bundy is from.....ain't that right Dermie ?

Kersten quick is he?

There is a very clear distinction with our potential key forwards. It's very cool to like Vardy and Kersten. It's not cool at all to like Brown and Walker. Output doesn't matter either, as 6 goals in 3 games is more than a pass mark for Walker. I'm hoping he does stay in but we'll have to wait and see.

Yes the other two are more stylish.

Whatever he has done over the past 2 weeks I'm not so sure. But Hawkins has looked the best he's looked in ages. I don't think it's coincidence.

Yes I am keen for him to be given games as much as anything to identify a possible correlation between his presence and Tom's form.

Yes I am keen for him to be given games as much as anything to identify a possible correlation between his presence and Tom's form.

Think you and VC have the Nub of it CB.

TH is looking much more dangerous, if walker is contributing average 2 goals a game and allow TH to dominate then he is doing a good solid Job. Would Kesten have the same effect on the balance in our Forward half, I'm not sure. Do I want to see him in there too, yes please. With Joshes contribution the last couple of weeks and given his age, he may become a very handy contributor for us going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker was OK but so was everyone else, just look at the opposition.

Haven't been able to see Kersten yet as I live interstate but looking forward to it.

Agreed. That part is utterly irrelevant now. Taylor and Duncan are from WA, Varcoe, Horlin-Smith, Mackie and Rivers are from SA, doesn't make a scrap of difference ultimately. It's like thinking every kid in the Falcons must play for Geelong. Those days are gone.

Jury is still out on him. No idea why the match committee don't try him at CHB though. Big and can run all day, would be ideal to do lock down jobs on opposition KP forwards.
Whenever I see him in the back line I do crap myself a little bit.

The next month has to be a trial period to find an answer, Kersten should come in just to find what works, cant see all 3 big men playing especially if Hmac and Dawson are both playing, mind you, Buddy, Ruffy and Gunston worked a treat for the Hawks last year.

I'm not sure that it's a 'cool' thing to like Kersten, from my point of view anyway, it's that he's performed over and above what all of Walker, Brown and Vardy have. Granted it's been at VFL level but what more can he do if not given a seniors berth? He's averaged near 3 goals a game across 3 seasons now, at a fantastic conversion rate and IF that can be translated to the AFL it's a bloody exciting prospect for us going forward. More than anything just want to see if he can deliver at top level.

FWIW I like all of them, Brown I think should be given more opportunity and would be good to see if Walker could get more involved in games and take more marks with more experience. I just see Kersten as being the one that will slot in to the seniors a lot more naturally and have more impact, I may be wrong.

I'm not sure that it's a 'cool' thing to like Kersten, from my point of view anyway, it's that he's performed over and above what all of Walker, Brown and Vardy have. Granted it's been at VFL level but what more can he do if not given a seniors berth? He's averaged near 3 goals a game across 3 seasons now, at a fantastic conversion rate and IF that can be translated to the AFL it's a bloody exciting prospect for us going forward. More than anything just want to see if he can deliver at top level.

Both Walker and Brown have been very good to outright excellent VFL players for quite a while now. Brown has kicked 9 at VFL level so it's not like Kersten is suddenly operating on a higher plane. They've all been good at that level. The only difference is that he's yet to find out what the jump is like. I'd say about 99% of this board at varying times have been right behind Brown and/or Walker, until they failed to emulate John Coleman in their first few games. Let's see what happens with Kersten at senior level first.

He's only 21 (although he looks older) but I reckon he may be the victim of his size - i.e. not quite big enough to be a key forward - doesn't seem to mark too many in a contested situation either. In my opinion he doesn't have any real attributes that standout. Not sure of his future or kerstens for that matter. As for Brown - well I just don't know there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back