Injury Any News on Darcy Gardiner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news, but still concerned about;
But an MRI this afternoon showed no significant structural damage to the joint.
Not knowing anything about these things, am I to read that as some structural damage?
I imagine that may be something that can be managed, but "structural" is still a worry, isn't it?

Not knowing anything about these things, am I to read that as some structural damage?
I imagine that may be something that can be managed, but "structural" is still a worry, isn't it?
Yeah, especially in some sub-continental buildings.

Says he is on-track for round 1. Good enough for me!

Also says he'll be right for round one, so I'm taking 'not significant' as meaning 'superficial'.

Maybe it's just that that photo of Lewis Taylor and Dizzy Gardiner has put me in a good mood. They look a bit like a 30s comedy duo.

Also says he'll be right for round one, so I'm taking 'not significant' as meaning 'superficial'.

Maybe it's just that that photo of Lewis Taylor and Dizzy Gardiner has put me in a good mood. They look a bit like a 30s comedy duo.

"Another fine mess you've got me into Lewis!"

I'm concerned about THIS:

But an MRI this afternoon showed no significant structural damage to the joint.

Hes always had his shoulders strapped since hes joined us so maybe hes just got some generic structural weakness that doesnt restrict him so much that it increases his potential for damage...Or the damage the MRI DID show might heal with rest for a week or so. Who knows, none of us are medical professionals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news about Gardiner, meaning that the only really certain best 22 missing for Round 1 will be Hanley I hope. That is a fairly good state of affairs for the start of a season.

"Another fine mess you've got me into Lewis!"

Seriously, it's uncanny...

laurel-and-hardy-car.jpg

If it's an AC joint it's akin to a sprained ankle. Nothing to really worry about. Very different to a glenohumeral (shoulder socket) injury, such as dislocation. [/internet physician]

If it's an AC joint it's akin to a sprained ankle. Nothing to really worry about. Very different to a glenohumeral (shoulder socket) injury, such as dislocation. [/internet physician]

As a defender who is very physical, but only 19 years of age; I won't be surprised if we take a cautious approach with this injury and not play him round 1 :footy:

Only 9 more sleeps 'til first team announcement for the season :)

Omg and 9 more sleeps till my partner gets back from the country for school holidays. She teaches in the country and we were planning a trip to Sydney...for about 5 minutes until I realize the biggest game of the year is on Easter weekend. She is now settling with a day trip to the gold coast.

Signs she's a catch that's for sure!

At least he didn't do a quad

As a defender who is very physical, but only 19 years of age; I won't be surprised if we take a cautious approach with this injury and not play him round 1 :footy:

Only 9 more sleeps 'til first team announcement for the season :)

So Panthera, you're a very physical 19 yo defender?

You've been around here for a while, I would have placed you as being slightly older.....

;)

I guess we have to trust the club on his 'okayness'. I just hope the article was poorly worded, and should have just said "no structural damage".

Ligaments are structural. Jussayin'.

Like I said, a mind sprain of the AC joint is not a big thing. People think "shoulder" and think it's at increased risk of popping out. That's not the case.

Of course I'm working on the assumption that it is an AC joint injury. That's certainly how it looked the way they were treating and assessing it and they certainly wouldn't have put him back out there if it were anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back