BurnCity182

Rookie
Jan 8, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Mets, Leeds United
Wouldn't be that hard for a low-cap stock that has just had some media would it?
Depth-watchers get sucked in every time
In USA you can actually go to websites that list the stocks that all the newsletters and investment websites etc. have been paid to promote for the week, I've seen people make some good money shorting those stocks once they get driven up and bubble bursts!

Nothing similar in Australia i've seen so far, god I wish a lot of those resources were available for the ASX sometimes.

Also for anyone else interested, here are a few of the books i've read so far that are helpful and interesting in their own ways, bare in mind they aren't a "do this you'll make 6 billion dollars in 10 minutes" book. Just interesting tales, outlooks etc.

Stock Market Outsider by Philip Fanara
The Buy Side by Turney Duff
An American Hedge Fund by Timothy Sykes
What I Learned Losing A Million Dollars by Brendan Moynihan

Trade your way to Financial Freedom - link PDF download below:

http://www.thinkfn.com/forumbolsaforex/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1777.0;attach=11400

BurnCity182

Rookie
Jan 8, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cheers mate, I always like the books that focus more on psychology and human behaviour than super detail 10 year chart patterns that make an inverse head and shoulders pattern that matches the pimple on your left arm.

Ofcourse each to their own thing.

Patience is the absolute key I've learnt, soo many times i just wanna get out cos of fear and because hey, who likes seeing red on their portfolio? But I've kept patient and been ok so far.

Eugenio94

Debutant
Apr 15, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Look into silex energy company. Bit of commentary out there about a potential rise. Look to be expanding, albeit slowly. Renewable coud very well take off in future though, one for the long term

Jun 14, 2010
Franga
AFL Club
Essendon
A suggestion for anyone looking to learn and get informed, I have found that the free reports you can get from the Listed investment companies and some of the big Super funds to be educational. A lot of the LIC's have free newsletters that can be subscribed too and worth a look.

Best books I have read:

One up on wall st
The intelligent Investor
Security Analysis

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
Anyone else on the Resmed train?
Got in Nov and was thinking about selling back when we received our dividend to free up some cash. It has risen about 30% since then. YMYC were saying tonight best take some profits off the table which I might do.

I've picked up some NAN today and need to pay for them and was going to cash in some CTD or SHJ but both have come off today so it might have to be Resmed that will have to pay for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maester

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Anyone else on the Resmed train?

Have been for a couple of years now. Great stock to own long term IMO. Well run, dominant player in a still largely untapped market (it's estimated that more than 80% of people with sleep apnea remain undiagnosed). I also think its competitor FPH is another excellent business (though I don't own any shares). Neither has ever looked cheap but you have to pay up for quality.

BurnCity182

Rookie
Jan 8, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Noticed Tiger TGS got absolutely smacked yesterday. Even more reason to be content with taking your 4-6% gain, cop the tax and move on than holding long term. Some stocks can be so erratic, I try to take advantage of that.

Ive traded ARI & VET 3 times each in last 6 weeks, it drops 7%, get in, rises 5% get out. Rinse and repeat! Ofcourse its a slow burn, small gains and isn't quite as easy in such a volatile resource market at the moment

so I just read why the PYL boss resigned...

Why on earth would you do something so incredibly stupid?
Mind you he doesnt care, the stocks performance triggered something like 21 million shares distributed to the management team. He would of got a nice slice of that.

Anyone dabbling in PYL?
They seem pretty confident in their capsules.
Not far off their opening price after today's drop
Noticed them on debut and missed out, but once it looked like the day-traders had a hold of them I stayed away.
Still on a watch-list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back