Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed them on debut and missed out, but once it looked like the day-traders had a hold of them I stayed away.
Still on a watch-list.

Surely not. Looking like a shambles!

Very happy with the overselling of TGS last week and sxy releasing some decent results the day after the oil price increasing overnight.

Yeah, could be one that tanks for a while - looks just as spec as other bio stocks at this stage.
Sometimes missing out is a wonderful stroke of luck (actually would have been ok if trailing stoploss set).

Just to add
I did the research and took a position a little while ago as I think its a good medium+ term investment
But I mention it the other day as more of a suggestion its worth a look at as a short term trade. IMO something is going on in the background
The last two days for instance have had a dump at the open yet the SP finishes way in the green. Could be meaningless but I have seen this BS manipulation before with other stocks not long before a positive announcement.
Results and premium increase announcement are coming up and its broken out on the chart......worth doing some research at least

My friend bought Atlas Iron (AGO) a while ago (i assume somewhere over $1.00, i'd hazard a guess at closer to $1.50) and they clearly don't look at it much. I am not very familiar with the mining/materials sector, so was wondering if someone could suggest how they think atlas might go over the next year?
It's way too late to save the money invested, should they cut their losses now, or is there any chance it's going to go up a little bit and they can recover a small amount of the losses?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrating stock. Trading at a massive discount to NTAs. I'm hanging on in the hope that a private equity firm will see the value and move in.
There's over $120m in contracts to be released on the Bowen Basin in the coming months and there's 3 companies vying with BOL one of them.

BOL turned over $175m last year. Securing any or all of the work can put them up to around $0.36 which is where they were when they had the BMA contract, getting none will leave them the same. Not a bad punt considering.

Got 650 QAN shares. Bought them a number of years ago at $1.82, and now they've almost doubled to $3.46.
Any advice? Should I hang onto them or sell them.
Don't need the money, so I can sit on them.
When the oil price starts coming back, sell. Can't stay this low forever.

Got 650 QAN shares. Bought them a number of years ago at $1.82, and now they've almost doubled to $3.46.
Any advice? Should I hang onto them or sell them.
Don't need the money, so I can sit on them.

you've took a big but it has paid off well. To think the qantas MD copped so much crap for restructuring the business.

Time has proven he was right and the union wrong.

Thanks PR.
Will do some more research over the next couple of weeks.

my wife's family were founders of a discount airline in SE Asia. So I get snippets of the challenges facing the industry. They killed the pig in the 00s but the 10s have been tough.

Personally I find it too risky (and that's coming from someone in mining) as there is so much regulation and strtegic interests (government intervention). The upside is fuel and leasing costs will continue to decrease. So to will maintenance costs as it moves more and more off shore.

The sector will continue to grow and the airlines that can value add will win on the global routes. Qantas' biggest strength is local but they will need to continue to reform.

So no idea on buy or sell......you seem to have made some pretty good decisions yourself by buying when you did.

Cheers mate.
Pretty much loaded up on blue chip stocks just after the GFC and have done pretty well out of them.
Held onto Qantas as the price had really fallen and made no sense to sell them at the time.
Very happy they have bounced back the way that they have.

you've took a big but it has paid off well. To think the qantas MD copped so much crap for restructuring the business.

Time has proven he was right and the union wrong.

It's still a s**t as business and just as likely to record a loss next year as a profit. Plus, the amount it lost for the 12 months ending 2014 was more than it earned in the previous five years.

It's still a s**t as business and just as likely to record a loss next year as a profit. Plus, the amount it lost for the 12 months ending 2014 was more than it earned in the previous five years.

to think qantas would have been financially better off sacking everyone, liquidating their assets and putting the funds into a every-day low interest access account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back