Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

One I've been following the last 6-8 weeks is NRT, who are developing an anti-cancer agent. They were hovering around 16c a month ago. Made there way from 22c at close last Wednesday to 31c on Thursday, then closed yesterday at 41c.

One certainly worth following. Plenty of volume lately.

What's the best broker for trading on the London exchange? The holding fees of Comsec and ETrade are incredibly s**t.

WH Ireland & evolution (probably the best)

What about trading indices?

I don't mind that as a strategy but working in finance, my job is to beat the indices. otherwise I am out of work.

So its a bit outside of my field.

Come on mate, do better than Sexy.

As a Stockbroker, why are you looking at SXY? (I come in peace and continue to read/study behavioural finance/what folks look at and why). This is the exact same thing I would ask a client.

It somehow traded in the 20's. I was over it like a rash at those levels.

I set a target of 50c. Why do you think that's unreasonable, especially with the current uoward trend in the oil price?

It somehow traded in the 20's. I was over it like a rash at those levels.

I set a target of 50c. Why do you think that's unreasonable, especially with the current uoward trend in the oil price?

But why?

I guess I deal within definition and at least attempt to put aside macroeconomic questions like the oil price. We can all get caught up in the Oil price, the EU, China however looking multi-year, what is the trending?

I just see SXY as a stock that Client's discuss when they want to go a'gambling and to me, that is not conducive to making money consistently.

I deal with strong-performers over a prolonged period and whilst everyone wants the potential upside as SXY, the ability to blow up is much larger than a strong-performer whether its stock or sector. It is like trading a rubbish stock like ARI between 15-20. The thing is going to blow up sooner or later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not profitable atm though is it?

Edit: P/E of 1,300+

Close enough to not making money.

Lost $65,297,000 for the 6 months until Dec 2014. During that time oil's average price was way higher than it's been since then.

Of course, they might have hedged like Gods or cut other expenses to make up for that but I would imagine it's hard going.

EDIT: I guess you removed impairment to get your figures. Classy.

Lost $65,297,000 for the 6 months until Dec 2014. During that time oil's average price was way higher than it's been since then.

Of course, they might have hedged like Gods or cut other expenses to make up for that but I would imagine it's hard going.

EDIT: I guess you removed impairment to get your figures. Classy.

What? I just logged into my comsec and checked the P/E, as a general rule I won't look at anything that is over 30 as a p/e for the previous year and will only buy if it is under 16 over the last three years (when assuming the options paid to execs are already ordinary shares).

I wouldn't have a clue what the company even does, and I'm not going to be claiming to know the direction of resources.

I like companies that won't lose money and are good at making it. Last two I've got were American Express and Berkshire.

What? I just logged into my comsec and checked the P/E, as a general rule I won't look at anything that is over 30 as a p/e for the previous year and will only buy if it is under 16 over the last three years (when assuming the options paid to execs are already ordinary shares).

I wouldn't have a clue what the company even does, and I'm not going to be claiming to know the direction of resources.

I like companies that won't lose money and are good at making it. Last two I've got were American Express and Berkshire.

Just to explain: I went onto asx and worked out the PE myself. Using their latest half year report I got "NA" because they made that loss in their latest half. However, if you take out impairment costs they would've squeezed out a small profit which would have resulted in an amazingly high PE, as you posted.

Obviously Commsec's people know to remove impairments but I thought you had worked out the PE from a report and had the knowledge to remove impairments yourself, hence I was impressed.

Anyway, I may well be talking a lot of rubbish here so I'll stop.

But why?

I guess I deal within definition and at least attempt to put aside macroeconomic questions like the oil price. We can all get caught up in the Oil price, the EU, China however looking multi-year, what is the trending?

I just see SXY as a stock that Client's discuss when they want to go a'gambling and to me, that is not conducive to making money consistently.

I deal with strong-performers over a prolonged period and whilst everyone wants the potential upside as SXY, the ability to blow up is much larger than a strong-performer whether its stock or sector. It is like trading a rubbish stock like ARI between 15-20. The thing is going to blow up sooner or later.

Why? At 27c it was way undervalued. It was oversold heavily when POO was at its worst.

I'm investing for a lifestyle not my retirement, that most likely has a lot to do with it too.

Are you in CL8? I've been in for a while, and seeing some good volume all week with it. Would be nice to break through the 3c barrier before the end of today with it then being pretty skinny on the sell side. 3c though is a big barrier to get through.

Smashed through it!!

Sadly my average is just below 2c. Could have been so much better!

Go you good thing :)

Are you in CL8? I've been in for a while, and seeing some good volume all week with it. Would be nice to break through the 3c barrier before the end of today with it then being pretty skinny on the sell side. 3c though is a big barrier to get through.

Smashed through it!!

Smashed through it!!

Smashed through it!!

Peaked at 4.2c today and had back tracked a little but has a nice base around the 3.4-3.5c area. My average is 1.9c so some nice gains but I'm in it for medium to long term. The next couple of months will be interesting with advertising ramping up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back