Any Utah Jazz fans out there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he did , other than point I like the versatility and flexibility of this roster now ..

Will be interesting to see who makes the final cut. But at this stage Whitney looks like he will, which is great given we will start with 7ft '1' Rudy, have 7ft '3' Pleiss to come off the bench with 7ft Whitney to be injury insurance/end of bench.

Point guard will most likely be a struggle again but I think the rest of the starting five can make up for it.

Look for a lot of PG-less lineups, as GH, Burks, Hood and Ingles can all handle the ball and pass. Hopefully Alec's D can hold up against the PGs of the west.

I think Millsap and Withey (how we signed him off the street is beyond me, loved him at Kansas although I am a Jayhawk homer) are locks, which likely means Cooley and Jerrett gawn. That leaves Cotton, Johnson, Graham and O'Brien fighting for the last spot. Given the looks we're showing so far I think Johnson is the favourite.

Lyles looks good. If he can develop a reliable long jumper he'll be a deadly offensive player off the bench. Defense/rebounding need a LOT of work though.

Can't remeber the last time a team scored on us that easily, and to get out-rebounded by hacks like Plumlee and Davis is shameful. What I'd give for a player like Lillard on this team, who can go off for 30+ on a regular basis like that. Every time we got it within 6 he'd hit a bullshit shot.

Hayward has been terrible thus far, and Lyles is clearly not up to it (needs a D league stint IMO, why he's getting minutes ahead of Withey is beyond me). Everyone else up and down. Feel we needed to win that one, Nuggets up next but then a very tough 11 game stretch.

Can't remeber the last time a team scored on us that easily, and to get out-rebounded by hacks like Plumlee and Davis is shameful. What I'd give for a player like Lillard on this team, who can go off for 30+ on a regular basis like that. Every time we got it within 6 he'd hit a bullshit shot.

Hayward has been terrible thus far, and Lyles is clearly not up to it (needs a D league stint IMO, why he's getting minutes ahead of Withey is beyond me). Everyone else up and down. Feel we needed to win that one, Nuggets up next but then a very tough 11 game stretch.

Get use to it without Exum.

Ball movement has been very average to start the season, although given our big line up and defensive identity (slower play) it is somewhat expected. But regardless I would like to see Ingles, Hood and Hayward play more often as I think when those three are in the game, the ball is moving a lot more then it currently is. Also it seems that to start the season only Ingles is understanding the need to take advantage of utilising any air space the opposition give you whilst on the perimeter, turning down far too many reasonably open looks at the moment.

Hell of a game that was! A win would have been massive but we fought to the whistle and almost took it, on the road against the 2nd best team in the league so I can't complain. LeBron just isn't fair sometimes.

As I said earlier, we're two games into a tough 11 game stretch. If we can come out of it at 8-8 I'll be stoked.

Early days, but playoffs are looking good at the moment. Grizz/Kings/Pels are floundering, Wolves/Blazers look very good but I'm not sure they can sustain it (especially Portland), and IMO we're straight up better than Dallas/Phoenix.

Jazz are a great team to watch atm. Good all round young roster.

Hows Exums injury? Will he be 100% when he gets back?
I'm only new to following the NBA and have jump on the Twolves but I'm still interested in all of the Aussies.

Hell of a game that was! A win would have been massive but we fought to the whistle and almost took it, on the road against the 2nd best team in the league so I can't complain. LeBron just isn't fair sometimes.

As I said earlier, we're two games into a tough 11 game stretch. If we can come out of it at 8-8 I'll be stoked.

Early days, but playoffs are looking good at the moment. Grizz/Kings/Pels are floundering, Wolves/Blazers look very good but I'm not sure they can sustain it (especially Portland), and IMO we're straight up better than Dallas/Phoenix.

Hopefully Hayward or Burks can increase their scoring output, the team needs someone that can light it up. Great team to watch tho, very very solid and they seem to have good chemistry. Hayward needs to be more dominant but I feel like that's not his natural game.

Hows Exums injury? Will he be 100% when he gets back?
I'm only new to following the NBA and have jump on the Twolves but I'm still interested in all of the Aussies.
The team has said they're shutting him down for the season. These days players his age generally make a full recovery, it's just that he played so timid most of his rookie season and only just started to be agressive toward the end of the year and in Summer League. Hope he doesn't go back to his old ways and makes a return like Burks, who's more agressive than ever.

Well here we are, 8-8 and holding our own/winning against the best of the best. Love having Hayward, Favors and Gobert all in top form with Burks as a legit 6MOY candidate, Hood really needs to get his shot falling but it's nice that he can contribute even when it's not. 17-13 or thereabouts at the new year would be great!

Mother****, Gobert out indefinitely, general consensus is around 6 weeks. Marc Gasol had the same injury a couple of years ago and missed 23 games.

Good thing we have a fairly soft stretch ahead, looking at our schedule, if he misses the next 25 games I think we can win close to half of them. Favors is an absolute monster, Booker is playing pretty well (especially with the starters), Lyles is slowly getting better, and I think Withey is really solid, so while it definitely hurts, I don't think its the end of the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another ****ing honourable loss. I know we're not on the same level as OKC, GSW etc but damn we gotta find a way to turn some of these close losses into wins.

Alec starting was well overdue though, made me wild seeing him comfortably outplaying Hood but still getting less minutes. However our bench is suddenly very thin in the scoring department. In light of this move do we make a trade for a KMart or Crawford or even a Ryan Anderson to give us a boost? I wouldn't want to give up too much but I think playoff experience would be more valuable to us than say the GSW pick.

Another ****ing honourable loss. I know we're not on the same level as OKC, GSW etc but damn we gotta find a way to turn some of these close losses into wins.

Alec starting was well overdue though, made me wild seeing him comfortably outplaying Hood but still getting less minutes. However our bench is suddenly very thin in the scoring department. In light of this move do we make a trade for a KMart or Crawford or even a Ryan Anderson to give us a boost? I wouldn't want to give up too much but I think playoff experience would be more valuable to us than say the GSW pick.

GSW and OKC pick we can afford to trade for a more experienced bench player/scorer. Wouldn't be willing to give up one of our own though.

They definately need some scoring punch, especially off the bench. I think someone like a crawford would be a good pick up for them, someone that can create his own shot and score in a bunch.

Well that didn't last long, Neto starts and the game's basically over before Alec even sees the court. Start your best players and play them the most minutes (which includes starting Booker over Lyles), it's not rocket science. Obviously we were never going to win this one but it still annoys me.

Also, Millsap should never play another NBA minute. I understand the thought process of bringing him back into the rotation with Gobert out, but he just flat out sucks. Has to be the worst offensive player in the league and fouls way too much.

Really liking Jeff Withey's play in the absence of Rudy. Excellent shot blocker and knows his place on offence. Like to see him rebound more consistently, but having him there with Booker and Lyles interchanging for short intervals has been a real positive.

Also, Lyles and Neto seem to be gaining confidence and improving gradually.

Lol, Pels gave Asik 60/5, gave Ajinca 20/4, and let us sign Withey for the minimum.

With the West the way it is, having all these injuries at once isn't the worst thing in the world. Lyles, Withey, Hood, Neto etc will all be better for the run.

Solid today , could be the start of a solid run with a 'soft" Jan ahead ........we will know where we site by the end of it that's for sure.
Its games like today's that remind you how good the Bear is , that pass to Hayward :drunk:;)

Where the **** is Favors? Back spasms are normally a day-to-day type thing and he's missed about 10 straight now, I'm getting worried. Our offense really needs him, was disgusting for the most part today. I wish we'd involve Lyles more while Favors is out, his jumper's falling and he's making all the right plays, but for the most part it feels like he's just there and we're not making any effort to get him looks.

Another thing, I swear we're the worst team in the league at rebounding missed free throws. Why?!? Happened twice again today and both times they punished us with a 3, makes my blood boil.

Mack nothing special but he'll basically be a stop-gap at PG until Dante returns. He offers a bit of versatility so we'll see how he goes.

Also, seeing as we signed Mack we now have 16 on the roster, is it Pleiss or Green who has been taken off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back