Any Word on Scharenberg?

Remove this Banner Ad

The young man's looking fit isn't he? Let's hope he gets a crack at some footy soon, it must be terribly frustrating for a kid as talented as he is to sit and watch for so long.

Today’s Training:

140709_scharenberg600.jpg
Swans boots. Rumour has it, they are into him in a big way. Buddy up one end, Shazza down the other. He's gonna be loaded.

Not writing of the year but this kid could be anything i would rather give him the rest of the year of then bringing him in under done to play in s**t conditions in the VFL

Give him all the preseason next year and lets hope he can stay fit

Fair enough, but I don't think the club will be bringing him in before he's ready, read somewhere on here that they learnt from treating Josh Thomas with the same?? thing. I haven't seen the VFL conditions but wouldn't have thought them that bad (although some worse than others). I'm just hoping we can end the season on a good note with some finals wins and guys like him & Reid that haven't played would be a big part of that.

Swans boots. Rumour has it, they are into him in a big way. Buddy up one end, Shazza down the other. He's gonna be loaded.

I know which one I'd prefer on a 10yr contract from the start of this season and his name doesn't start with Buddy or Lance. Beauty is we get to see MS in action (pardon the pun but hope he has the same crippling effect on the opposition) before we hopefully tie him to longer term contract.

Not writing of the year but this kid could be anything i would rather give him the rest of the year of then bringing him in under done to play in s**t conditions in the VFL

Give him all the preseason next year and lets hope he can stay fit

Apparently he and Freeman have been training with the main squad for 4-5 weeks and been getting a pre-season type loading. Who knows how that will translate to performance when he finally gets a game. If he can rip a few VFL games apart then I wouldn't rule him out for the GWS or Hawthorn games.

I hope everyone knows that he hasn't played a game of football in 12 months, he didn't finish his year with Glenelg due to injury. Don't expect him to tear the VFL apart when he returns.

I hope everyone knows that he hasn't played a game of football in 12 months, he didn't finish his year with Glenelg due to injury. Don't expect him to tear the VFL apart when he returns.

A possibility, irregardless of how unlikely, is still a possibility.

This he should continue to train and i would not play him until his 100% right

Look at our injuried i would be happy to send him on a holiday and bring him back next preseason

This is BF, where he'll be torn to shreds if he doesn't kill it in his 1st game. We'll have plenty saying we stuffed the trade/drafting up based off 1 game. It's inevitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was reading all the nice positive posts and then I came across yours. I know we should deal in reality sometimes but I dont know if BF is the time and place to do it.

If he doesn't win the Rising Star award this year then I say de-list him.

I know that you're joking ...obviously trade-bait in the obvious route. We'd have to fabricate a story that he's not playing well because he's homesick and we might get a few sniffs from the Adelaide clubs.

You know full and well there is no chance of that. Anything less than 30 and 5 goals in his first VFL game and he's toast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back