Anyone here play hockey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2007
MCG
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders San Jose Sharks
Not sure if theres an old thread on the subject but I'm interested in who plays or has played before? and what position you play/played?

:thumbsu:

Re: Anyone play here play hockey?

I started playing in the Ice Mice when I was a little tacker and they made me goalie because my dad was a goalie. I was kind of like MAF, played on a great team but I resembled a sieve some of the time.:eek:

Played a bit of juniors but got distracted by other sports and drifted away from it. Wish I hadn't.

I want to start playing but right now I'm learning how to skate.:eek: I went down to the Ice House for a skate last week and I noticed that there was a whole bunch of games being played that night. Seemed like anyone could get a team together and sign up though. In the game we watched these poor buggers got slapped around 21-1. The one they scored was basically the goalie putting the puck in his own net lol.

i did when i lived in nova scotia(2002).

but that was juniors, nowday's i'd get destroyed, its not that i can't skate, its just i only weigh 66kg

I played from 7 years old until 16 years old (first year Midget) in BC (interrupted twice by moves to Australia for 12 months). Played Rep B in a town of 40,000. Pretty good standard, played mainly centre, never cracked into Rep A (seemed to be a late cut every October, used to piss me off because the coach's and assistant coach's sons always got in and they were a bit ordinary). Just played pick-up hockey after that until moving back to Australia at 18.

Thinking of getting a game here in Adelaide, I think there are 4 teams, haven't had a skate for almost 20 years though...

Thinking of getting a game here in Adelaide, I think there are 4 teams, haven't had a skate for almost 20 years though...
I haven't been to a local game for years now, ever since my dad stopped being the game convenor but back then the four local teams were the Tigers (my dad's team and mine), Falcons, RedWings and Blackhawks. Have no idea if that's what they still are.

I haven't been to a local game for years now, ever since my dad stopped being the game convenor but back then the four local teams were the Tigers (my dad's team and mine), Falcons, RedWings and Blackhawks. Have no idea if that's what they still are.

Looking at the website now, those still seem to be the 4 clubs (A grade).
Season goes from March to August.

There are actually 3 grades, different team names for B's and C's

I went to an Adrenaline game a few months ago, the pro shop was selling hockey equipment "kits" $500 from memory, seemed to be everything but skates. Maybe I'll get my mum to send over my old gear (or get her to bring it over when she visits :D), Would still fit, I haven't grown since i was 16, never broke 6 foot.

Yeah I was having a chat with on the Melb Ice players in the Pro Shop a few months ago about getting some gear to start up. From memory it was around or just under $1000 for everything including skates and sticks. Stay away from the name brands (Bauer, Easton, Reebok etc) and you can get some good value he reckons.

Gonna get some cheap skates in the next few weeks so I can force myself to practice atleast once a week and not have to pay $22 a pop for entry and skate hire at the Ice House. Hadn't skated/bladed for about 10 years until a couple of weeks ago lol.

How can so many of you not skate? It's just like roller blading but on ice. Like riding a bike once you do it you can't forget it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I currently play Inline hockey down in Bayswater. Been playing for just under a year. With my CCM Vector and CCM Ovechkin Olympic Sticks XD

I've played inline for about five years. Never got into ice because of the cost. I plan to change that in the next few years.

I went to a Pond Hockey session on Saturday at the Icehouse. ****ing fun as. I was a fair ******* but great fun. Would have been better if there was less people as there was about 30-40 (give or take...was hard to judge) people on the ice and there wasn't enough pucks for 1 per person.

Anyone that hasn't been, it's $25 for skate hire and gear including stick, helmet, gloves and pucks.

I went to a Pond Hockey session on Saturday at the Icehouse. ****ing fun as. I was a fair ******* but great fun. Would have been better if there was less people as there was about 30-40 (give or take...was hard to judge) people on the ice and there wasn't enough pucks for 1 per person.

Anyone that hasn't been, it's $25 for skate hire and gear including stick, helmet, gloves and pucks.

I went last Sunday, maybe 15 people all up and had a blast. So much so I am planning on doing the Intro to Hockey course when my Wednesdays get freed up and have pulled out my old street hockey net, ordered a new stick and a few practice pucks ready to fire about in the yard.

I played ice here in Melbourne from junior a thru to senior a with three clubs. Did a stint overseas in the Scottish div 1 a while back too. Played a fair bit of inline too. Love both codes and I am glad to see ice getting the recognition it deserves. I also played a few games in the original national ice hockey league here in early eighties. It was good back then when there were five rinks in mbourne and ten teams. But sadly by the end of the eighties we were down to just oakliegh. Just a useless bit of info but any of you folks out there realize that the oakliegh rink was actually widened by four feet back in 1980 or 1981. It was purely a dump and chase rink way back then. I also played on a winning tange team in 1980 and brown teams in 82,84 and 85. So glad to see this big footy Web blog with hockey on it.

The guys that have played inline, do you know where you can get cheap sticks to use in the street? I want a couple to practise with but not really keen on paying around $100 for a stick to use in my driveway.

Found some great deals on the net for some ice sticks but the shipping is pretty expensive.

Could look into picking you up a stick and shipping it out. Can find a bunch of 20$ wooden sticks locally, but not sure on the shipping costs if it's worth it for you.

from 1995 to january 1996 i was a foward and from january 1996 to april 2007 i was a goalie (except for one game when i was a foward again just for the heck of it). i injured my knee in april 2007 (the second time the doctor said since i didn't know it happend before)
timmy

I play ice hockey at the Cockburn rink in Perth. I actually play all positions. I started out of a defensemen because I wasn't the best at shooting the puck, but eventually tried out as a goalie due to a lack of them for teams and turned out to be a natural in that position. Recently though I tried moving up and playing center because it turns out I'm pretty decent at winning faceoffs. So come gameday I could be really in any of those positions, depending on how I am feeling on the day or where the coach needs me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back