Opinion ANZ Stadium attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Was amazed how good the atmosphere was tonight. That extra 15k seems to make all the difference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

48k is a decent turn out. Deserved 55+ after the season we've had but it wasn't bad.

Alot of noise through the first quarter, well done on those who showed up on creating a good atmosphere in a soulless stadium.

48k equals / beats any NRL prelims last year and likely this year, too.

Get the pricing right. Offer an allocation to local footy teams (like the Premiership club tickets for a GF ) which they can offer to their people all year if we or GWS qualify and drum up interest over the whole finals series.

Just do something. We have 25k people we need to get creative about finding to pad ANZ all year and in finals. Swans members are doing their bit. It's the rollup fans Melb easily finds that are the missing link up here.

$170 tickets doesn't cut it.

I think the AFL are maximising their revenue having these prices and a half full stadium versus prices half what they are and 75% full stadium. Shame about the atmosphere.

What would be the difference between Collingwood in 2012 on a fine night and North this year with possibility of rain?

I'm thinking of the 57,000 from 2012 that there would have been 12,000 there for Collingwood and 6,000 neutrals. I'd guess that North will only attract half of that so you are down to 48,000. That would be a good outcome. The worst outcome would be the 19,000 that we saw against North years ago when it was torrential rain all week and that day. If there's a few showers, I think we'll see 40,000.

Based on this there has been no real growth in Swans support despite the 2012 cup and Buddy but after last night I revise this. I think there were only 4,000 North supporters there??? 4,000 / 48,000 = 1 in 12. Pretty ordinary. I think I overestimated Collingwood and neutrals in 2012 as well. 9,000 less has got to be worrying someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back