Anzac Day...

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
so I just tried to get Anzac day tickets. Couldn't get them. Wouldn't accept the barcode. Ring the club. Oh yeah, it's a widespread problem, don't worry you'll get tickets. Riiight. Wait half an hour. Finally get tickets. All the good seats are sold and stuck in the nosebleed section. On a home game year.

Seriously?

With everything that's going on, I still buy a membership. Still buy an overpriced Anzac day ticket with no guarantees I'll even see the 1sts play. And this happens.

Pretty ******* pissed off tbh

Pretty piss poor. Flexi Membership?
nah just basic bronze with a reserved seat. I buy for my wife and kids as well and can't get along all that often so can't justify a better one. But still, one of the major reasons I am a 10 year member is to have access to the best seats for Anzac day. Pretty disappointing, especially at the moment

Got an email from the club saying if I wanted to take a friend, I'd need to try my luck in the general public sale.
Get on at 12:35pm today and find that I can buy a general seat for my friend as well as upgraded my seat. Ended up in Row Y level 4. Well thanks a tonne for that top notch information ahead of time.

I had that issue to begin with, I tried a could of times and eventually go through. My seats arent to bad though.. LVL 4 Q8 Row C.

Our home seats at the G are pure arse regardless, but that's pretty average from the club, especially the timing.
Where are yours? Mine is awesome, level two on the flank.

Where are yours? Mine is awesome, level two on the flank.
Level 1 on the Punt Road end, pretty much on the forward 50. Very very last row, with pissed up flogs behind us. Out of the rain, but the ceiling above us blocks our view. Extremely frustrating.

Level 1 on the Punt Road end, pretty much on the forward 50. Very very last row, with pissed up flogs behind us. Out of the rain, but the ceiling above us blocks our view. Extremely frustrating.
Ah fair enough. Did you enquire about changing this year? You should request a change every year until you're happy - they won't move you unless you ask.

Ah fair enough. Did you enquire about changing this year? You should request a change every year until you're happy - they won't move you unless you ask.
Yeah we did, did a form, emailed, and even called, and they still didn't do it.

Incredibly annoying

Incredibly annoying
Well there ya go... I would have expected that they'd be able to move you all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredibly annoying
Interesting one there.

I was sitting near someone I found annoying. I requested a seat change,

I don't think I had to fill out a form but they called me once the seats were being organized again (with the renewals and so on), I called them and they made a note of my request (asked where I would like to sit and so on)

Called me back and found a seat where I asked in N51

Interesting one there.

I was sitting near someone I found annoying. I requested a seat change,

I don't think I had to fill out a form but they called me once the seats were being organized again (with the renewals and so on), I called them and they made a note of my request (asked where I would like to sit and so on)

Called me back and found a seat where I asked in N51
Are you me? I did exactly the same thing including moving to N51.

Hahah.

Unless you're my subconscious posting, I don't think so .

Hopefully the seats are good anyway. I was around in the Southern Stand pretty much on the forward 50. I didn't mind the seats themselves. 'cept for an annoying fan.
I moved from the GSS. Maybe I'm the annoying fan and f****d you up.

I'll lend Jade my ticket for a game so he can take care of you.

:p
Pfft. Jade wouldn't move from his MCG seat for any reason - the kid loves that seat!

Is that because it is the same seat he was in when he first saw Gumby walk onto the MCG?

I did get a high five from the great man in that seat.

Is that because it is the same seat he was in when he first saw Gumby walk onto the MCG?

What was the reason for your seat change?
I moved because I had a really annoying guy near me at Etihad actually. When I moved that seat I moved my MCG seat as well to a seat that I knew had become vacant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back