AO TV Coverage Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Channel 7 are even going to bother with any of Li Na's matches. She's only last year's runner up - no biggie.

Channel 7 get so dopey over Australian tennis players.

In the lead up to the Nadal/Tomic match last night, Tomic was continually billed as the world's best 21 year old. . . . that may even be true as a technicality, but there are younger players who are better than him. Suggesting that he's the best talent for age player in the world is disingenuous.

They also kept banging on about how he wanted to keep his unbeaten first round record going . . .

Yeah the 'World's best 21 year old' sounds so corny and lame!

I don't know if you saw it or not, but after the Tomic match they had this video package of him and Bruce was in a pre-recorded video say how "Great of tennis play Tomic is" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Seriously Channel 7 have to stop with this Tomic dickriding bullshit!

Is there a single ******* person who would rather watch Stosur's first set rather than the end of Hewitt/Rafter. Why no red button in 2014? Why would they have had bulletins on 7 and 72?

I don't care what anyone else says, Hamish is rather awesome (as a Channel 7 addition). Both here and in AFL commentating, he improves steadily year to year, and I generally like him nowadays. He has acclimatised to tennis coverage quite well imo.

Sure, he isn't a tennis expert, Sandy Roberts or Matt White, but for what he is he contributes a lot.

Is there a single ******* person who would rather watch Stosur's first set rather than the end of Hewitt/Rafter. Why no red button in 2014? Why would they have had bulletins on 7 and 72?

Umm yeah? Rafter's comeback was a bit silly looking, I have to agree with McNamee. You knew that match was never going to be "serious"....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care what anyone else says, Hamish is rather awesome (as a Channel 7 addition). Both here and in AFL commentating, he improves steadily year to year, and I generally like him nowadays. He has acclimatised to tennis coverage quite well imo.

Sure, he isn't a tennis expert, Sandy Roberts or Matt White, but for what he is he contributes a lot.

Are you Hamish?

To me, there are often several other people worth criticising rather than Hamish. I just don't understand picking on him in particular, when he shows clear signs of improvement year-to-year and generally doesn't make terrible mistakes in coverage.

To me, there are often several other people worth criticising rather than Hamish. I just don't understand picking on him in particular, when he shows clear signs of improvement year-to-year and generally doesn't make terrible mistakes in coverage.
Because he ran over Trent Cotchin's dog and laughed about it!!
He is pure evil

He called Stefan Edberg, Stefan Edbarg :thumbsdown:

Typically hopeless coverage. Three matches on now, two in the 5th set yet neither channel is showing either.

And typical that it is always men playing late while the women are relaxing in their hotel room. How about they earn equal pay?

It was heat policy.

Last night was so awesome though. The AO up till then was heading for an ordinary week 1, but there were 4-5 entertaining 5 set mens matches last night, each one with an interesting story. Overseas fans were like pigs in s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back