AO TV Coverage Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

interviewing the fanatics. really channel 7 ? they now how to make s**t tv

anyone ever notice the the poll questions on fango is 77% in the positive nearly all the time

77% of statistics are made up. I was watching Kyrgios last night, who is sponsoring that group of fanatics? They are all very young and getting access to Centre Court, hisense and get awesome seats in a big block. They will be there tonight as well.

77% of statistics are made up. I was watching Kyrgios last night, who is sponsoring that group of fanatics? They are all very young and getting access to Centre Court, hisense and get awesome seats in a big block. They will be there tonight as well.

i know it is. someone said on twitter they are being paid to be there

Haven't they started second on a few night sessions already? A bit harsh to pin the blame on them for that, no?
Absolutely true. But only in very recent years, and typically only on centre court. I think Serena or Venus played very late one year, but if I was to count many men played past midnight to how many women, it would not be close.

Men and women have made the same money round by round for several years.
and yet they do not earn it. I'll continue that argument in the other thread.

I don't care what anyone else says, Hamish is rather awesome (as a Channel 7 addition). Both here and in AFL commentating, he improves steadily year to year, and I generally like him nowadays. He has acclimatised to tennis coverage quite well imo.

Sure, he isn't a tennis expert, Sandy Roberts or Matt White, but for what he is he contributes a lot.

Speechless.

Yeah it's like ch7 have a block of 20 seats set aside for the "fanatics" for every match featuring an aussie

I actually like both players, but these new low-key pairings shouldn't be on screen until R4 or further in the tournament imo. Barty/Dellacqua is the only current pairing with some cred, and the novelty of Rafter was also special. Outside that, no one wants to see an Australian doubles match over decent singles matches.

I just hope the doubles match is quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7's advertisement for the night session tonight, 'can Djokovic's luck hold up?'. That is pretty harsh on Djokovic, what luck exactly are they talking about?

You know....Djokovic has been lucky to win every single match since 2011!! :rolleyes:
* off Channel 7!

Why are both Channel 7 & Foxtel showing boring Andy Murray???
Channel 7 should be showing Rod Laver arena.

I was enjoying the start to the Wozniacki-Muguruza match. Then 7 went to Hisense... as did Fox Sports.

The whole coverage this year has been a big disaster! Both from Fox Sports and 7.
They've shown the same matches simultaneously so many times I feel like ******* punching a hole through my TV. Shouldn't they have sorted out the matches that each channel will show before the tournament??

Also I hate how 7 claim they have all these 'new innovations' yet they can't give us something as simple as HD!! * YOU CHANNEL 7!!

I don't get why 7 don't stick with RLA and Fox Sports with Hisense, at least for the night sessions.

Tonight was a bit of a joke.

Absolutely. I thought that's how it was setup?? 7 shows RLA and Fox shows Hisense and MCA unless an Aussie is playing.

I don't think there's any arrangement between 7 and Fox. 7 want to be able to show whatever they like, no matter what court it is on. That will sometimes clash with Fox but I don't think they care. If they did they would be showing two matches on two channels.

The party at fault is the Federal Government. We have these needless Mickey Mouse anti-siphoning laws that still fail to stipulate that sport must be shown live, in full and in high-definition. That should already be a given. By now they should have also specified multiple cameras that the home viewer can choose from. For tennis, a minimum of 2 courts.

It is a world class sporting event with an amateur tv coverage.

Really needs to be addressed. I don't mind even paying extra for red button foxtel if it means they had whole rights to the open and covered it better than ch7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back