Status
Not open for further replies.

97-98

All Australian
Oct 11, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
With less than a month to go to the Aus Open, has channel 7 reached an agreement with Foxsports to broadcast the tennis?

Had a look at Foxsports tv guide and it didn't have any AO tennis.

I was reading the official guide to the 2010 Oz Open the other day and I was wondering why there was no mention of Fox Sports doing anything. Since, Seven can only show it on one channel it kind of limits the coverage.

Yeah, Seven does have the same coverage as last summer, I was hoping they would would use Seven Two to show the night sessions live of the warmup tournaments but obivously that's too much effort for them.

The Anti-Siphoning list I think is only regards to the main courts. So what is stopping Seven showing the outside courts on SEVEN TWO? They did say they would use it for some sporting events.

The Anti-Siphoning list I think is only regards to the main courts. So what is stopping Seven showing the outside courts on SEVEN TWO? They did say they would use it for some sporting events.

Haven't heard about 7TWO broadcasting. But read in October that if Seven and Foxsports can't reach an agreement, Seven might sell the rights to ESPN, OneHD or Setanta. Hope it's not Setanta cos I don't have it.:thumbsdown:

No, the anti-siphoning list covers all matches. According to Foxtel that includes all the non-televised courts as well.

OK, so no they can't show any on Seven TWO.

Boy I really hope they amend the anti-sihponing list in a hurry because it is shitting me off the potential to broadcast sports on digital channels without having to wait for the main channel.:thumbsdown:

Are you people saying that Fox Sports won't be covering the AO next year?? :eek:

I guess it's not a big deal for me given I'll be in Melbourne for the first week but still, if so that's really poor.

I agree matt, I wish they'd show the night sessions of Brisbane and Sydney on 7TWO.

Channel 7 can't broadcast matches on 7TWO because of the anti-siphoning crap. Yes? Then why are they considering selling it to ONE? Won't the same rules apply and the broadcast would have to go through 10 first? Or am i missing something?

Might as well make this the bitch thread, looks like it's going to be a big one this year.

Channel 7 can't broadcast matches on 7TWO because of the anti-siphoning crap. Yes? Then why are they considering selling it to ONE? Won't the same rules apply and the broadcast would have to go through 10 first? Or am i missing something?

Yeah, you're right, no chance Seven would sell any of it to a rival FTA network. Guess everyone will have to deal with Seven's coverage. Lucky I'm will be at AO for the first 8 days

Might as well make this the bitch thread, looks like it's going to be a big one this year.

Yeah whoever said Seven are trying to sell matches to ONE are kidding themselves. Even if ONE could show the tennis, why would Seven let ONE have anything? Doesn't make sense.

OK, so no they can't show any on Seven TWO.

They can show it on 7Two, but it might not be cost effective for them. That's why they are looking to sell of the pay-tv component of their rights.
Still haven't heard of a resolution and the tennis will be starting soon.

I doubt they'll find another partner. Not enough time to work it all out.

I thoroughly look forward to the immense amount of Desperate Housewives plugs.

Yeah, it looks like only channel 7 will be broadcasting.
And I can see it now, heaps of plugs for upcoming shows, ads, updates on scores for outside courts and very little of the live tennis itself.

Good thing we have internet streaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's on the list, then they can't show any original content on Seven TWO, only what has already been shown on Seven.

As I understand it, the pay-tv rights component is different to the free-to-air component, so they would be able to broadcast it on 7Two.

That's how we were able to see AO tennis on 7 and Fox Sports in previous years.

As I understand it, the pay-tv rights component is different to the free-to-air component, so they would be able to broadcast it on 7Two.

That's how we were able to see AO tennis on 7 and Fox Sports in previous years.

No, it's not about the pay-tv rights component or anything like that, they cannot show any coverage on 7Two that has not already been shown on Seven (this is the Australian Open i'm talking about, not the warmup events).

Ok, now I'm confused.:eek:

How come Fox Sports were able to show AO tennis in previous years? They were showing live actions from other courts not covered by 7.

How come Fox Sports were able to show AO tennis in previous years? They were showing live actions from other courts not covered by 7.

Because they sold it to Fox. But because the Government can't be f**ked changing the laws now we have digital TV, you can't show anything on digital channels without showing it first on your main channel.

Very confusing and hopefully it is sorted out very soon.

Yeah, it looks like only channel 7 will be broadcasting.
And I can see it now, heaps of plugs for upcoming shows, ads, updates on scores for outside courts and very little of the live tennis itself.

Good thing we have internet streaming.

How about 10 minutes of footage with Music from the super slow motion camera while there is live action going on.:rolleyes:

How about 10 minutes of footage with Music from the super slow motion camera while there is live action going on.:rolleyes:

Yeah.

Or how about that irritating habit they have of broadcasting just that pointless "Aussie Open News" segment and "Kia Hotshots" together with a couple of ad breaks so that there's at least a good 10 minutes or so without any tennis that way as well.

Yeah.

Or how about that irritating habit they have of broadcasting just that pointless "Aussie Open News" segment and "Kia Hotshots" together with a couple of ad breaks so that there's at least a good 10 minutes or so without any tennis that way as well.
:D Yep, oh how that drives me insane.

They'll show 5 minutes of super slow-mo highlights then say 'Djokovic vs Cilic' is up next before they head off to an ad. They'll come back, the match has already started but they'll then have Aus Open News followed by Kia Hotshots. They'll once again tell us the match is coming, but first an ad break. They'll come back and we'll get the match with 3-4 games already missed.

Looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

:D Yep, oh how that drives me insane.

They'll show 5 minutes of super slow-mo highlights then say 'Djokovic vs Cilic' is up next before they head off to an ad. They'll come back, the match has already started but they'll then have Aus Open News followed by Kia Hotshots. They'll once again tell us the match is coming, but first an ad break. They'll come back and we'll get the match with 3-4 games already missed.

Looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

*Applause*

"Quiet please!"

<insert plug here>

For anyone that's seen him play, how does Nadal look both physically and in terms of how he's hitting the ball?

Would love to see another fed nadal final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back