Aphex Twin should have won the Grammy for Album of the Year

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Listen to the last track and tell me it was disappointing.

Crazy how you can do things in electronic music that you can't do with acoustic recordings.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
It took you 7 months to write this?

Syro was pretty good, nothing he hadn't done before though so it was underwhelming a bit

Pop fans were outraged that a 'nobody' in Beck beat out Katy Perry, Beyoncé etc.. Imagine what they would have said if Aphex Twin had won

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Listen to the last track and tell me it was disappointing.
There were some good tracks on the album. As a whole though I don't think it's his best work, nor the best album of 2015 (not that Beck's album was either).
Crazy how you can do things in electronic music that you can't do with acoustic recordings.
Only if you also consider it crazy that you can do things with acoustic recordings you can't do electronically.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It took you 7 months to write this?

Syro was pretty good, nothing he hadn't done before though so it was underwhelming a bit

Pop fans were outraged that a 'nobody' in Beck beat out Katy Perry, Beyoncé etc.. Imagine what they would have said if Aphex Twin had won

Need a campaign going to get Battles to take out the top spot next year!

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
There were some good tracks on the album. As a whole though I don't think it's his best work, nor the best album of 2015 (not that Beck's album was either).

Only if you also consider it crazy that you can do things with acoustic recordings you can't do electronically.

Not compared to his stuff from the early nineties, but it was pretty good.

He's pretty popular so he should have won.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I love Syro.

It's probably my favourite electronic album of all time..

I know it's not innovative as the early works but I just could not put that album down..

Is this It by the Strokes wasn't innovative, but I love that album.

Should have won a Grammy under the electronic genre, if it's a genre included in the Grammy awards.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Should have won a Grammy under the electronic genre, if it's a genre included in the Grammy awards.
diplo would win this grammy every year.

aphex is hit-and-miss for me. SAW 85-92 is a masterpiece, if you ever get the chance on psychadelics... take it.

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Another one who loved Syro. It was the only album I bought last year. XMAS_EVET10 being the standout track for me.

Long time Aphex, probably for me the most important artist of the lady 25 years

Back