Discussion Apparel Manufacturers Discussion, Rankings, Wishlist

Remove this Banner Ad

new jumpers are the best
this

I've got to agree with you. ISC was good until 2013 when the guernseys were ultra tight, made out of silk, and had a s**t collar. The cut of BLK's guernseys really annoy me. No matter what size you get, they are an irritating fit.

The only decent manufacturers IMO are puma, 2XU, Star Athletic, Adidas (2014) and blades.

I want reebok to come back.
ISCs old collar was s**t, the new one is great. What's wrong with it? Also, just get a size up - how difficult is that to remedy the tightness?

The ultimate issue with BLK is their off-field stuff is pretty ugly (big swirls, contrasting stitching, asymmetry) and makes all their teams look as though they're stuck in 2008. I think their jumper template is pretty inoffensive, decent collar and their shorts don't have terrible markings or anything, but the fit of the strips is shocking. The jumpers are always a little too big around the chest and shoulders; you can always see the twisting, the ill-fitting sleeves, there's constantly crumples and air deposits.

When you buy a Nike or, more specifically Umbro, soccer shirt you end up with something that fits better than what your local manufacturer churns out. If you buy a $600 plain t-shirt, one of the things you're paying for is a long, complex process of redesigning – it'll fit amazing in comparison to a $4 Target tee. I just don't understand why, despite sitting on a design for like eight seasons, they've never noticed it and just redesigned the fits. Surely they could borrow some fellow designer's stuff and come to compare and steal the elements that work well? Even Sekem's stuff looks better.

Personally I think Adidas off-field stuff is rubbish, way OTT. New Balance is so sick, really simple and clean design and you actually see people wear the training tees and jackets at games – because it looks cool. ISC's isn't too bad but the material is a little too shiny. Nike's is pretty good but still seems an inch behind the soccer apparel.

Basically, New Balance is very cool. The biggest complaint I have is that when they gave away shoes at Dees' home games, they lame running ones and not 574s or CRT300s. Spewin'

mfmt2145rd_nb_03_i

Melbourne's NB media polo is the best shirt in the AFL.

Would love us to have one like that but white with teal collar and trim, like this:
601627_thumb.jpg

Cut of the BLK jumpers is putrid, but there off-field stuff is pretty decent.
If they fix the cut of the jumper then there's really no other issues with it.

1. Nike new collar.
2. Puma to stop making ridiculous jumpers.
3. ISC's sidepanels to leave.
4. Adidas to revert to old collar
5. Reebok to comeback.
What's wrong with ISC side panels?

They work really well with Port's clash, for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Nike
2. Puma
3. Adidas
4. New Balance
5. ISC
6. BLK
7. 2XU
8. Star Athletic
9. Blades

Would love for Reebok to come back in and Under Armour to start making AFL stuff
why is blades so low, everything looks good.
is it the cut off stripe or the material the jumpers are made of?

Collar has been the same forever, and that ribbed condom material was terrible. (not sure if they still have it)

also the middle stripe cut off crap

The collar is outdated, the material looks cheap, the AFL logo is too high and too small, the Blades logo isn't centred, the cut off looks ridiculous on the home jumper, and other manufacturers just do a better job are my reasons for having it low.

"Collar is outdated"
What?? You all sit here saying more people need just an old style V collar like Adidas and Blades have that and have for years!!

"Collar is outdated"
What?? You all sit here saying more people need just an old style V collar like Adidas and Blades have that and have for years!!
Are you talking to me or Groupie? I think that V collars look really good when done well (like Adidas), but the Blades one looks really boxy, like a Kmart jumper.

More to everybody but you made me notice it.
I don't mind the Blades stuff, quality off the field and they tried something new without damaging the design (Adidas, puma)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back