Roast Apple Guru needed (grrr iJunk)

Remove this Banner Ad

cm_perfect

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have an iPhone 4s here that my kids thought it would be funny to enter the code in wrong a gazzilion times. It is now disabled.

I have done the hold the power and home button and connected to a PC to put it in recovery mode and completed an upgrade. The upgrade worked but the phone is still disabled.

My question is:
When the upgrade is completed in recovery mode, does it take a backup first ? The Apple fellow I spoke to had little clue ("oh, maybe" was the answer)

Backstory:
This PoS has never been connected to a PC, backed up with iTunes or the iCloud. Yes yes I know, this is why we take backups.

I would be on board with that but there is nothing wrong with the phone (hardware or software), Apple have decided that there is no other option but to wipe the PoS and start again due to their own software rules and give no other way of getting to the data. it is a security measure to stop thieves from accessing your data, I understand this but I can prove ownership so why cant they have a way to unluck the stinking thing.

I have tried a couple of third party tools but you need to authorise the device on the phone and PC before it will scan the device, I cant to this because the PoS is disabled.

Yep, the data is toast.

Any softening of my hatred for all things iJunk has been extinguished during this episode.

Just because they supply the device does not mean they own the data.

Nothing frustrates me more than seeing business and the education system try and use these entertainment devices as productivity tools.

I will stop ranting now

I think it's a bit unfair on Apple mate.
1: you never backed it up
2: your kids locked the phone.

But there is nothing physically wrong with the phone (hardware or software).

I would 100% agree with you if it was faulty but it's not faulty, Apple have decided that I can't access the data.

I understand the security reasons for them locking it down but the least they could do is be able to unlock it at an iJunk store if you can prove ownership.

iJunk is like Facebook on steroids in regards to data mining, they then have the hide to restrict me from my own data.

Don't get me started on how they have strong armed into some schools at the detriment of a good education..

Not looking for a fight Froggy just a vent, I have been anti iJunk for many years particularly in the areas of business and education

Yeah look I can accept that, although I come from the other side of the tracks, I submerged my phone the other day and thought I had lost photos of my sons first Christmas as I had not backed it up for a month but when I found an old iPhone and got that working my photos turned up under photo stream. So happy days for me.

Yeah look I can accept that, although I come from the other side of the tracks, I submerged my phone the other day and thought I had lost photos of my sons first Christmas as I had not backed it up for a month but when I found an old iPhone and got that working my photos turned up under photo stream. So happy days for me.

Good work, your backup worked for a stuffed device. If mine was stuffed and I had no backup I would not be pissing and moaning

Glad you got the first Chrissy photos of your lad back, it's s fun time. Swap you for a 16 year old

What's the data you are wanting of you phone? Photos or messages?

Photo"s were the important thing (wife's phone)

All done and dusted now because I didn't have a spare phone for her. I exhausted all avenues over the Chrissy break then restored it over the weekend.

Photo"s were the important thing (wife's phone)

All done and dusted now because I didn't have a spare phone for her. I exhausted all avenues over the Chrissy break then restored it over the weekend.
Bugger, just remember to back it up next time or use iCloud, because if you sink it like I did you won't be getting photos back either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back