April - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Anzac Day - Flemington

Race 1:
I LOVE IT - opened up $6 and into $3.80 at the TAB. I couldn't believe it was $6 this morning. Very very talented filly and my best and only bet for the day. It wasn't fully fit 1st up but still produced a well timed run out wide. 2nd up now and capable of winning in a canter

Looking forward to seeing Lord Of the Sky back at Flemington tomorrow, if I had seen him trial and trial well I would probably be taking the $1.70 but happy to watch him go around.

He has the potential to be a top line sprinter.

Very VERY average. It is shocking to me how he has just rocked up and won in Australia relatively untroubled. If he turns out to be WFA class in Australia we should give up.

Put it this way - if he just came over without running in Australia I reckon he would be about 100/1 to even get enough weight to make the field.

So not a fan then

Half the battle with the European horses here is how they settle in it would seem.

So not a fan then

Half the battle with the European horses here is how they settle in it would seem.

From a Cups perspective I think he will have to win his way into the field in the Spring - so would be no point backing him now IMHO.

I thought you meant over hyped horse, maybe you do think that?

There is good reason for him being in the red, he is an exceptional talent and one who could become an elite level sprinter, of course whether he does or not is a different thing but horses don't run the figures he is capable of unless they are an elite talent, he hasn't done it once either, all 3 of his wins have rated very highly.

He failed last time when fizzing up in he barriers on a 40 degree day whilst also pulling up shin sore, more than happy to forgive him on that given he was backed continually throughout betting from $3 into $1.80 against a reasonably good field and that wasn't the mugs money.

As I said happy to watch him tomorrow but I'd be disappointed if he didn't win this race.

Missed the price about Villa Verde, but I'll have 8 units at $5 SB

I missed the early price also, trying to get matched on Betfair as we speak but the liquidity in the early Betfair markets its useless. I'm on Gregers @ $5.85 (after deduction) and will be looking to save on Shamal Wind.

Only concern for Villa Verde is the back up off a HVY track run where she really was paddling late, other than that she is the best horse in the race closely followed by Gregers.

There is Lankan Rupee form lines every where you look this weekend, Id be surprised if the form out of his races doesn't hold up.

Wasn't going to bet, but found a few early.

Jockey Challenge - Chad Schofield $4.40

Warwick Farm
R7 No 2 Senta De Noche

Flemington
R1 No 3 Hill Spy also double into R3 No 6 L.O.T.S
R2 No 18 Divan
R4 No 11 Desert Wizard
Quad F-1,2,4-1,5,8,11,13-1,7,14.

Go Pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the early price also, trying to get matched on Betfair as we speak but the liquidity in the early Betfair markets its useless. I'm on Gregers @ $5.85 (after deduction) and will be looking to save on Shamal Wind.

Only concern for Villa Verde is the back up off a HVY track run where she really was paddling late, other than that she is the best horse in the race closely followed by Gregers.

There is Lankan Rupee form lines every where you look this weekend, Id be surprised if the form out of his races doesn't hold up.

its a very deep race that mares race in Adelaide

I like Time For Julia

The other thing - Politeness - unsure up to this class but ever since they have begun riding it cold it has been flying

Straight racing at Flemington is becoming a joke. Jocks act like they are trialling horses, no one wants to lead, everyone sits and horses pull their head off, field always covered by less than 4 lengths.

lord of the sky $2.20 now. trial or no trial surely have to have a go at that. trainer confident.

Maybe he didn't handle the straight as he ran his race in patches but if he was mine I would be gelding him without question.

I had Lankan Rupee pegged as a Group class horse after his 2nd career start when he belted them at Caulfield, he almost beat Snitzerland at his next start then lost his way a bit, we all know what he has done since his gelding.

I'm not saying Lord Of the Sky will reach the same heights but I think he is a potential Group class sprinter based on 3 of his performances to date, no doubt at all the talent is there but whether he fulfills it I don't know, maybe give him another go around a bend but I would be gelding him.

Maybe he didn't handle the straight as he ran his race in patches but if he was mine I would be gelding him without question.

I had Lankan Rupee pegged as a Group class horse after his 2nd career start when he belted them at Caulfield, he almost beat Snitzerland at his next start then lost his way a bit, we all know what he has done since his gelding.

I'm not saying Lord Of the Sky will reach the same heights but I think he is a potential Group class sprinter based on 3 of his performances to date, no doubt at all the talent is there but whether he fulfills it I don't know, maybe give him another go around a bend but I would be gelding him.

Personally think he is a one dimensional galloper, needs his own way on the pace, Fab Fevola in that race didnt allow that.

Agree, gelding him would be beneficial for his racing.

4 Units Count Of Limonade @3.00
Like Europeans when having the 2nd start in Aus at Flemington

Mick Sharkie's summary of that race was hilarious. 'Count Limonade over Rhythm to Spare because he will be in a better position during the run.' lololol

He obviously didnt watch the replay last start when Spacecraft broke the field up (mind you it was in the same race as Count of Limonade so i dont know how you miss it) you have no chance, i repeat, no chance unless youre a top class galloper taking the field up to a break away horse then winning. Rhythm to Spare and Minnie Downs the obvious horses to get the best runs in that race.

This guy is paid to do the form?

Ugh, that was poor.

Bit hard to judge this horse's best distance to be honest. But based on his Euro form maybe 1400-1600 in Oz is a bit too short for him - should be going better than that though.

Mick Price hasn't had many imports running for him before has he?

Generally OTI seem to pay overs for theirs and they have a tendency to underperform (Manighar an obvious exception).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back