April - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Weary my main play but had a decent go at Dear Demi EW and Ninth Legion place as well. Wouldn't be surprised if none get near it, such is the depth here.

Can't agree. The slipper is a Micky mouse marketing race. That's why I restricted it to the big 3.

Compare the slipper honour roll to the honour roll of the other three. You can't

Well Sebring managed to sire the winner of the AJC Derby. I place the Golden Slipper ahead of the Caulfield Cup. Many horses bypass it to run in the Cox Plate and the Melbourne Cup.

Lankan Rupee was clearly the outstanding run of the day. Has dynamite acceleration for 100 metres in which he puts two or three lengths on the opposition. Think the connections of Lord Gordon Byron pulled the wrong rein in going for the T.J.Smith. I can understandthey didn't want to overtax the horse with it going on to the HK mile next month. Though winning the Doncaster is usually easier than the HK mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Sebring managed to sire the winner of the AJC Derby. I place the Golden Slipper ahead of the Caulfield Cup. Many horses bypass it to run in the Cox Plate and the Melbourne Cup.

How many golden slipper winners even run in any of the other 3?

Loving the Championships so far - despite the wet weather the racing/results have been fairly predictable and not too many blow outs.

Was on Sacred Falls last few runs, always seems to be one that comes good just after you jump off it though.

The Offer was outstanding. Gypsy Diamond lived up to it's trial...Criterion seemed obvious winner.

I still can't believe that I haven't backed Lankan Rupee during it's glory run. I was a massive fan of him early days too. I assume he is going OS.

Australian owners are reluctant to travel overseas for unknown reasons. Would love to see Lankan Rupee against Amber Sky ( from HK ) over 1100m. It would be an awesome race.

Congratulations to Zac Purton. Very under-rated jockey who isn't given appropriate recognition in Australia.

Thought I'd get in early and get a price on a few of these. Have a pretty strong opinion on a few races, if I get it right I'll be laughing, if not, then It'll be a bad end to an okay autumn.
R3
12 Units Shamauri @4.50
4 Units Memorial
R4
3 Units EW Shamalia @13/3.90
2 Units EW Turqouise King @17/4.6
1 Unit EW Dothraki @15/4.4
R5
6 Units Gypsy Diamond @6.50
3 Units Vidiana @13
2 Units Sharnee Rose @13
R7
25 Units The Offer @2.8
4 Units Brigantin
R8
25 Units EW IAD @6/2.15
4 Units Boban

Thought I'd get in early and get a price on a few of these. Have a pretty strong opinion on a few races, if I get it right I'll be laughing, if not, then It'll be a bad end to an okay autumn.
R3
12 Units Shamauri @4.50
4 Units Memorial
R4
R5
3 Units Vidiana @13
2 Units Sharnee Rose @13
R7
25 Units The Offer @2.8
4 Units Brigantin
R8
25 Units EW IAD @6/2.15
4 Units Boban

are you really putting 75 units on 2 horses? I guess your bank isn't the standard 100 units

R3
12 Units Shamauri @4.50
4 Units Memorial
R4
R5
3 Units Vidiana @13
2 Units Sharnee Rose @13
R7